Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College: 2017-2018

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    You can have Dr. Shirley Ann Jackson for tree fitty...
    I have heard her talk to us alumni two or three times in the past several years. Never once has she ever mentioned athletics. Dr. Kelly III is on both our boards and is now Chairman of our board. He is leading the search. I am worried sick that we are going to get a "holier than thou" pin head (academic). Our board has enough former committed athletes to potentially counterbalance. I love Dr. Kelly and he has done great things for Union and is also an alumnus of both schools. What we don't need for our next president is some politically correct dimwit and we have had them in the past. I would feel better had I seen Dr. Kelly at more of our events.

In the 1950s, 1960's and 1970's, when people spoke of the best engineering schools in America, they spoke of MIT, Cornell, RPI, and CalTech. It would have been nice if Dr. Jackson had restored that brand and luster.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Single Game Tickets are now on sale for BU

DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

BU looks tough as always.
        https://insidehockey.com/terrier-tit...lmost-seasons/
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Hey Folks! New to the forum and new to following Union hockey. Any tips for following the games from afar? I see the games appear to be streamed on Union Athletics TV. Before I drop the $$$'s, how is the quality? Also, assuming that they only stream home games, any tips for finding away games? Does the school typically send out links for those on social media etc.? Or are you typically left to hunt down each school's broadcast?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftyFive View Post
            Hey Folks! New to the forum and new to following Union hockey. Any tips for following the games from afar? I see the games appear to be streamed on Union Athletics TV. Before I drop the $$$'s, how is the quality? Also, assuming that they only stream home games, any tips for finding away games? Does the school typically send out links for those on social media etc.? Or are you typically left to hunt down each school's broadcast?

Thanks!
            Home game quality is pretty good considering the camera angle is lower than in most arenas.
            They usually post a link in the schedule to the school site for the game -- and you pay per game
            except for the IVY league - you can sign up for a monthly league pass and see ANY ivy league games
            as long as you don't cancel.. If you forget to cancel they keep charging...

Comment

Thanks Pokey!

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftyFive View Post

Thanks!
                For the away games, the other non-ivies in league have free streams. With RPI, either go to rpitv.org or look for them on YouTube. Quinnipiac (can't remember if they do YouTube or a stream local to their site) is usually their video board feed so you're bombarded with "GET LOUD" and various promos. I've never seen Colgate's, but only because I usually go to that one in person. Clarkson and SLU you can usually find links on their respective athletics pages. All typically simulcast with either their home radio feed, or special broadcasters. Playoffs, however, will always be PPV because they're the property of the ECAC, not the schools.

For the non-conference, it really depends, but most have streams that are free to view.

Comment

Two weeks to go !!!!

DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

ECAC Preview: #8 Union Dutchmen

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-dutchmen.html
                    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Two years ago at Agganis Arena:

https://youtu.be/7wI06rXUd70
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

ECAC Media Day Streamed Live:

ECAC Media Day To Be Streamed Live !!!!
                        Monday, September 25 at 11:30

Media Day To Be Streamed Live
                        Sep 07, 2017
                        ALBANY, N.Y. -- ECAC Hockey (@ecachockeyMWD1) today announced that it will officially begin the 2017-18 season by conducting its annual Men’s Media Day Monday, September 25 at 11:30 a.m. in the Exhibition Hall of the ECAC Hockey offices at the Times Union Center in Albany, N.Y.

The league will stream the event live on www.ecachockey.com providing the unique opportunity for fans to get the preseason outlook on the upcoming campaign.

Media Day will feature coaches from all 12 of the league’s men’s programs, who will be available to discuss the upcoming season, a special welcome from ECAC Hockey Commissioner Steve Hagwell and the release of the Preseason Coaches’ and Media’s Polls, along with the Preseason All-Conference selections.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

New Haven Register picks .....

"Quinnipiac should contend for the ECAC Hockey championship this season, a veteran defensive team with arguably the top two goaltenders in the league. Yale probably won’t get much love in the league preseason poll, to be released on Monday. There are too many unknown factors for a team coming off a mediocre season. But the Bulldogs could be a top 4 team, especially since Keith Allain is still coaching, right up until the start of the Winter Olympics on Feb. 9."
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Anybody else able to find the live stream of media day?

Comment

It's supposed to have started at 11:30 am. The ECAC has always had a difficult history with video.

DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

The live stream was supposed to be at
                                http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2017-1...0709_Media_Day
                                It does not look like it has started yet
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X