Union College: 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2017-2018

Updates regarding the rink expansion project: https://uconnect.union.edu/s/1684/ca...id=2&pgid=1549
    Let's go Union !
    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
    NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pokey View Post
      Not sure the ECAC will be much stronger next year - quite a few early departures across just about every team
      including some of those big body goalies. How they do non conference depends on who they decide to schedule..
      If they are going to attempt a full on run I suspect they will front load the schedule yet again with Serious competition...
      Harvard just lost a significant piece, an incoming prospect projected to go in the NHL draft top 10. He decommitted and chose BC. Yay because f-ck Harvard but boo because the ECAC loses a powerful talent.

Harvard still seems to have the best incoming class, however. I don't see any reason to think the battle for byes will not come down to Cornell, Harvard, Union, and a team to be named later.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Looks like Ryan Burton is gone after two seasons....

https://twitter.com/BrockMensHockey/...21651109728256

Comment

Ben Newhouse is out the door too. He transferred to Northern Michigan a month ago:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...6/ben-newhouse

Comment

Bennett is reportedly deep in the mix at BU:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...2GO/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
              Bennett is reportedly deep in the mix at BU:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...2GO/story.html
              With Stephen Ainlay stepping down as Union College President, a huge supporter of the hockey team, the program took a terrible body blow. A piece of the extremely supportive hockey ecosystem was gone. I cannot image David R. Harris filling that void. As bad as that was, losing Bennett would be another body blow and I don't thing the program will any longer be top tier. I would not blame Bennett for leaving. Ainlay always had his back. The program has no sustainable competitive advantage.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

He's staying.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  He's staying.
                  … so close, and yet, so far.

Now is the winter of our discontent/made glorious summer by the sun of York.
                  Shakespeare, Richard III
                  Last edited by Berkshire BU Fan; 06-07-2018, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    With Stephen Ainlay stepping down as Union College President, a huge supporter of the hockey team, the program took a terrible body blow. A piece of the extremely supportive hockey ecosystem was gone. I cannot image David R. Harris filling that void. As bad as that was, losing Bennett would be another body blow and I don't thing the program will any longer be top tier. I would not blame Bennett for leaving. Ainlay always had his back. The program has no sustainable competitive advantage.
                    Presumptuous, specious, and ridiculous...Administrative transitions and coaching transitions are part of the landscape. We know little of Harris' sports orientation, but you can bet that he was made well aware Union's identity in the hockey world. The college's profile has been enhanced markedly with its success in recent years. It is doubtful that he would want to devalue that.
                    On Rick Bennett you can rest assured that Jim McLaughlin had teed up some impressive candidates to replace him. Fortunately that is moot now that we know BU's choice. Rick Bennett is an impressive guy. Union is fortunate to have him. The college should accelerate the Achilles renovation and do everything in its power to provide incentives for him.
                    The Union hockey that has ascended to its present height will not dissolve any time soon, nor was it about to.
                    Last edited by Miami Ice; 06-07-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Just saw our tentative schedule. Are we playing Northeastern? That would be great for us Boston fans. BU will be in Ireland.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        Just saw our tentative schedule. Are we playing Northeastern? That would be great for us Boston fans. BU will be in Ireland.
                        Isn't it time for the 2018-2019 thread?? or are we just continuing here?? I heard Northeastern, Omaha (2) and Army

Comment

I was thinking the same thing.
                          Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
                            I was thinking the same thing.
                            572 posts? No new thread for you until you finish your dinner. Clean your plate!

Comment

New Thread Started Union College: 2018-2019
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                              X