Union College: 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2017-2018

In the last three, Dartmouth is 2-0-1 with wins over Denver and New Hampshire and a tie with Minnesota-Duluth. Harvard has won 3 of its last 4 and is scoring 4.25 (gpg av). It looks the Crimson's scoring has returned. Not going to be an easy weekend. Our offensive production is dropping off. Last weekend the Capital District teams took it on the chin. During December we were 2-4, scoring 2.5 and giving up 3.3. Yale and UMass lose at home really hurt. Whatever bug we have, we have to shake it off. Are we improving faster than the rest of the ECAC is approving?
    Last edited by Dutchman; 01-01-2018, 08:05 PM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Dartmouth Pre-Game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEUM3UZg2wk
      Vidmar and Supinski both questionable (2/3rds of our top line)
      Vidmar practising, Supinski not practising
      Back to learning fundamentals, how to play "D"
      Last edited by Dutchman; 01-04-2018, 10:33 AM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Hopefully Vidmar and Supinski will be back. Wonder how the Boston weather will affect the Harvard game.
        Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Union/Dartmouth being televised by OWSPN (One World Sports) for anyone that subscribes to Direct TV sports package or on Spectrum you would have to pay for this channel specifically. RPI/Harvard also on NESN.

Comment

Congrats on a big W last night over the BG! Your D and goalie were the difference last night and Campolieto was the best player on the ice last night!

Comment

We won, but you guys kicked us up and down the ice all night. Union dominated and the outcome was not at all indicative of the play.
              Last edited by bothman; 01-06-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Agree with Bothman. You guys deserved to win. You had a better game plan and came to play. Hard. I expect that you'll exact revenge in February.

Comment

Very tough loss to swallow, having two leads in the third, not holding either, and losing with 5 seconds left in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
                    Very tough loss to swallow, having two leads in the third, not holding either, and losing with 5 seconds left in OT.
                    Might be just me - but playing Harvard on the road - tied with 14 seconds left
                    I put out my 5 best/most experienced defensive type guys, the man who had the best face off percentage in this game
                    and take the point and run..
                    And if they do get the puck - i hold and hook and even drag em to the ice because by the time the call the penalty get
                    control of the puck to stop the clock and do the face off - 14 seconds is long gone..

but that's just me..

Comment

Originally posted by Pokey View Post
                      Might be just me - but playing Harvard on the road - tied with 14 seconds left
                      I put out my 5 best/most experienced defensive type guys, the man who had the best face off percentage in this game
                      and take the point and run..
                      And if they do get the puck - i hold and hook and even drag em to the ice because by the time the call the penalty get
                      control of the puck to stop the clock and do the face off - 14 seconds is long gone..

but that's just me..
                      ^ This
                      Especially right after you call a time out...
                      That's a tough one. Hopefully they learn from it!
                      Let's go Union !
                      ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                      ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                      NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
                        ^ This
                        Especially right after you call a time out...
                        That's a tough one. Hopefully they learn from it!
                        Just have to wonder why you dress 2 senior and 1 junior defensemen and at that critical juncture you have a freshman (a tiny one) and sophomore
                        on the ice.. Maybe Brassard or Light - due just to their experience - would have known to drag the puck carrier into the corner ....

Sure hope we don't miss out on positioning due to that 1 point

Comment

Good turnout at the game despite the cold. Stephen Ainlay and his wife were there and so was Jim McLaughlin and what looked to be some Union faculty. I hope the next school administration supports the program as well as this last one did.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Got to pick ourselves back up. Clarkson and St. Lawrence next weekend.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Per Union's ticket website, there are only Standing Room tickets left for the game against Clarkson on Friday.

Comment

Union's Scarfo selected ECAC Player of the Week
                                Albany Times Union (blog)
                                Union College senior forward Ryan Scarfo has been selected ECAC Hockey Player of the Week, the league announced Tuesday night. Scarfo, from North Chelmsford, Mass., had a goal and an assist in each of Union's weekend games, a 4-1 victory at Dartmouth and a 4-3 overtime loss at Harvard.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X