Union College: 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2017-2018

Any word if Supinski is practising this week?
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I hope to be wrong, but it doesn't sound like Supinski will be back this weekend. In the press conference posted on YouTube, Vidmar talks about how Supinski's minutes are there for other guys to pick up now, how Supinski is an incredible loss, etc. Unless he has a really good poker face, reading between the lines suggests not to expect Supinski.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Any word if Supinski is practising this week?
        no practice..

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
          I hope to be wrong, but it doesn't sound like Supinski will be back this weekend. In the press conference posted on YouTube, Vidmar talks about how Supinski's minutes are there for other guys to pick up now, how Supinski is an incredible loss, etc. Unless he has a really good poker face, reading between the lines suggests not to expect Supinski.
          Gotta agree with you ...

Comment

The Gazette has a snippet of Bennett's postgame conference... he spares no punches.

https://dailygazette.com/article/201...-union-s-coach

Wouldn't be surprised if Adams is up in Section P tomorrow. Bennett said, "I'll spare the freshman, some of them. I think one of them was a minus-26 tonight."

Seemingly a shot at Adams, who was a minus-4.

Comment

The Gazette has a snippet of Bennett's postgame conference... he spares no punches.

https://dailygazette.com/article/201...-union-s-coach

Wouldn't be surprised if Adams is up in Section P tomorrow. Bennett said, "I'll spare the freshman, some of them. I think one of them was a minus-26 tonight."

Seemingly a shot at Adams, who was a minus-4.
              Sounded like a "***** slap" to that whole line - guessing for motivational purposes (since all 3 forwards were at least minus-3)
              But considering the defense had as much to do with that (giveaways) as anybody - seems a bit misplaced.

Credit where it's due has to come into play here too, Clarkson came to play, never stopped moving their feet and converted when
              given those 2 on 1s..

I also think the refs were a bit - let's be nice - a bit "off" tonight too.. They just about lost full control there..
              Still not sure how that check to the face of Kolias wasn't called - unless the face isn't actually part of the head...

Come back strong - get the W tonight !! Go U

Comment

Clarkson is very very good. #1 in the pairwise
                It's less how bad we looked and more how good they are.
                The turnover in the middle of a line change really hurt but the Clarkson forward looked like he got a stick on the pass that looked like it skipped over Zacks stick.
                After Clarkson tried to take out Hanson I thought that would **** us off. What does it take?
                We had many opportunities to knock the fillings out of the teeth of the Clarkson players with body checks but passed up those opportunities. Some of our players have to grow a pair.
                The only thing worse than losing is listening to the Union Announcers make XXXes out of themselves by announcing incorrect scores and missing the line change that complicated the first minute of play.
                Last 6 we are 1-5
                Last 9 we are 3-7
                Last edited by Dutchman; 01-13-2018, 08:03 AM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Clarkson is very very good. #1 in the pairwise
                  It's less how bad we looked and more how good they are.
                  The turnover in the middle of a line change really hurt but the Clarkson forward looked like he got a stick on the pass that looked like it skipped over Zacks stick.
                  After Clarkson tried to take out Hanson I thought that would **** us off. What does it take?
                  We had many opportunities to knock the fillings out of the teeth of the Clarkson players with body checks but passed up those opportunities. Some of our players have to grow a pair.
                  The only thing worse than losing is listening to the Union Announcers make XXXes out of themselves by announcing incorrect scores and missing the line change that complicated the first minute of play.
                  Last 6 we are 1-5
                  Last 9 we are 3-7
                  YES - Clarkson IS very good and when you are that good and hustle those crazy bounces and weird happenings seem to always go your way - it's like the pipe when you are that good you don't hit them..
                  BUT - Union is also very good - just on this night they made more mistakes (please stay out of the box - it's hard enough stopping a good team when its 5 on 5)
                  and didn't convert their own opportunities ... there were at least 3 2 on 1s where looking for the pass wasn't on the agenda - some don't seem to see the ice all that well when they carry the puck...
                  Lost Faceoffs at key times and bad passes (more tape to skates then tape to tape for sure) haunted us all night.

As for opportunities to really line up the Clarkson players - I agree but you must look at the situation (we were down 1 most of the game) and when you make a solid hit it's usually called a penalty
                  in this new style hockey (that's why that Kolias hit not being called surprised everyone), maybe they were told not to take that chance.

But you are right - there is just not enough "nasty" out there sometimes..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    ...Last 6 we are 1-5
                    Last 9 we are 3-7
                    They said there would be no math. I guess they were right for a change...
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      They said there would be no math. I guess they were right for a change...
                      Fuzzy Math
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Saint Lawrence is 3-1-1 in the last 5
                        PPG 3.0
                        GA 1.8
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

We had our chance against Clarkson. First goal is a downer, took us 10 minutes to recover. Clarkson reminded me a bit about our Championship team : able to bend but not break, calm under pressure (offense or defense), always very deliberate in their game. able to put away the majority of their chances.
                          We looked a bit young and didn't have much luck. We also took too many penalties and weren't able to convert our chances (lack of maturity/vision on the play). I thought we put up a good fight overall.

Let's make this week end a split and I'll be happy.
                          Let's go Union !
                          ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                          ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                          NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

As I suspected, Adams out after Bennett's comment and a -4 last night. Campbell also sitting with Light back in. MacAdam has the full lineups on Twitter.

Comment

A tough win. Was kind of sad to watch for some periods of time throughout the game. Good thing only the final score matters.
                              Glad we got 2 points....
                              Let's just pretend this week end never happened, regroup, and move on.
                              Let's go Union !
                              ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                              ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                              NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

As I suspected, Adams out after Bennett's comment and a -4 last night. Campbell also sitting with Light back in. MacAdam has the full lineups on Twitter.
                                Sometimes sucks to be a touted freshmen.. -4 gets him the bleachers He took one for the line there
                                I think it's called coaching motivation - with a body that big and that much talent you must see more effort
                                night in and night out

He needs to quit thinking and just use his talent and play

Comment

Working...
                                X