This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Religion Thread: ...and suddenly, everyone's a theology scholar

Well it turned out that Joel Osteen had a bit of a water problem in his building. Perhaps Maxwell Scott had something.

https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/feat...QLaHU.facebook
    Last edited by joecct; 08-29-2017, 10:55 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Well it turned out that Joel Osteen had a bit of a water problem in his building. Perhaps Maxwell Scott had something.

https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/feat...QLaHU.facebook
      And yet, when presented with videos of it being completely dry with cars driving by... https://***********/SeanUnfiltered/s...14878303703041

Look at the dry lobby. How many people could be housed in there? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMN4FcP2uGE

The lower portion of the adjacent underground parking garage did see flooding, but the interior sections of the church were unaffected.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        And yet, when presented with videos of it being completely dry with cars driving by... https://***********/SeanUnfiltered/s...14878303703041

Look at the dry lobby. How many people could be housed in there? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMN4FcP2uGE

The lower portion of the adjacent underground parking garage did see flooding, but the interior sections of the church were unaffected.
        Eh, **** him with a church spire.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          Eh, **** him with a church spire.
          And he welcomes all denominations, but his favorite is the Franklin.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

This "Nashville Statement" nonsense is hilarious. It's just further proof that no one obsesses over LGBTQ sex more than these self-proclaimed moral judges who claim they can't stand to imagine it or live among it.

Comment

The Nashville Statement is a the religious right's last gasp effort to declare something 'icky' that modern society has 'meh-ed' for a little over a decade.

Edit
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This is it.

Article 6 is perfectly reasonable. Article 14 is boilerplate Christianity. The rest is idiocy of varying levels of politics, neurosis, and hate.

By "Biblical sexuality" presumably they mean polygamy and rape.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  This is it.

Article 6 is perfectly reasonable. Article 14 is boilerplate Christianity. The rest is idiocy of varying levels of politics, neurosis, and hate.

By "Biblical sexuality" presumably they mean polygamy and rape.
                  What's wrong with polygamy?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    This "Nashville Statement" nonsense is hilarious. It's just further proof that no one obsesses over LGBTQ sex more than these self-proclaimed moral judges who claim they can't stand to imagine it or live among it.
                    And they wonder why kids are leaving the church?

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      And they wonder why kids are leaving the church?
                      its Saaaataaaaan! (said in the church lady's voice)

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        What's wrong with polygamy?
                        Menstrual synchrony.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Perfect

That might be the funniest thing I've read all year.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Because I went to Catholic school for k-8, have been to mass more times than I can count, and the Church is the founder of Christianity, tracing its roots back to Peter. So I do count on it, as the expert in the field and the original creator of the Christian Bible, to get the faith correct, even if I no longer have any myself. It's been attempting to answer questions of faith for literally millennia, so you'll have to pardon me if I give its answers more credence than I do someone who is essentially a self-taught weekend warrior in the field.

And more to the point, just because you happen to take the paradoxical stance that half the Bible (or really, just the four gospels that happen to have been chosen by the Catholic Church for inclusion in the Bible) is literally the word of God and rest isn't, doesn't mean that the vast, vast majority of Christians make that same distinction. Catholicism and the major protestant denominations all treat the entire Bible as the word of God, not just the New Testament and certainly not just the four gospels.
                            To all you who mistakenly equate the church to Christianity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

Totally pro Jesus.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

And I'm learning that it's only a very small minority of Christians that want to see LGBT folk put to death, and those people don't represent all Christians.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                To all you who mistakenly equate the church to Christianity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

Totally pro Jesus.

You asked why I cared, so I told you. And as confident as you are that literally everyone else has it wrong, I'll still take the Church's 2000 years of bible study over yours. Especially since it, you know, created the farking Bible.

Comment

Working...
                                X