This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Sorry folks- public school. taxpayer dollars. The State and the school board set the agenda, not the offended ones.
    And if the parents knew this, why not just quietly pull their kids and move on?
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      And if the parents knew this, why not just quietly pull their kids and move on?
      BINGO! But the culture of today equates offended as being hit with a nuclear bomb which requires massive retaliation in kind.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Religion Thread: ...and suddenly, everyone's a theology scholar

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Sorry folks- public school. taxpayer dollars. The State and the school board set the agenda, not the offended ones.
        You know it's not nearly that simplistic, of course.

Comment

Opinions on schools, businesses, etc? That's why society is an open marketplace. You don't like it? Let your feet do your talking. You can sue...but unless its substantiated, you'll be wasting a lot of time and money for no reason.

Do not blame Christianity for this. Christianity is a fig leaf. These people are homophobe conservatives that use religion as their trumped up justification and only potential legal leg to stand on. And regarding posts here, its best at minimum to ignore stereotypes - whether they target LBGT, minorities or Christians - but one shouldn't perpetuate them.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Opinions on schools, businesses, etc? That's why society is an open marketplace. You don't like it? Let your feet do your talking. You can sue...but unless its substantiated, you'll be wasting a lot of time and money for no reason.

Do not blame Christianity for this. Christianity is a fig leaf. These people are homophobe conservatives that use religion as their trumped up justification and only potential legal leg to stand on. And regarding posts here, its best at minimum to ignore stereotypes - whether they target LBGT, minorities or Christians - but one shouldn't perpetuate them.
            To the contrary, if it weren't for their religion, they may not have held those beliefs in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              To the contrary, if it weren't for their religion, they may not have held those beliefs in the first place.
              Not Christianity. Christianity -> Jesus=God=tolerance/love. That definition is airtight and cannot factually be denied. Those individuals have views of distain in spite of Christianity.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Not Christianity. Christianity -> Jesus=God=tolerance/love. That definition is airtight and cannot factually be denied. Those individuals have views of distain in spite of Christianity.
                On that note:

I checked out the Episcopalians. Not saying I believe, but two things I noticed right away:

When they say "God/Jesus loves you," that's the end of the sentence.

Context applies to the whole Bible, not just when it's time to buy bacon or go to Red Lobster.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Meanwhile, Google has been ordered to not understand Jesus Christ. https://www.facebook.com/joshua.feue...7700729665940/

Comment

I know you are supposed to be an intelligent person. SOmetimes I wonder exactly how you can live in the world and still be so gullible

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      I know you are supposed to be an intelligent person. SOmetimes I wonder exactly how you can live in the world and still be so gullible
                      Was this directed at me for clicking a link Flag posted? If so, I'd like it noted that I failed to look at whose post that was before clicking the link.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

Flag is a classic example of the supposedly "open mind", actually being an empty mind.

Comment

It's not gullibility, the evidence is there, and you clearly did not watch the video, and instead decided to start your "Oh, FlagDUDE08 posted, better give a troll response" routine. Google Home states "according to Wikipedia" for other religious prophets, but says "I don't understand" for Jesus Christ. Why wouldn't it be able to use Wikipedia for a search of Jesus Christ?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            It's not gullibility, the evidence is there, and you clearly did not watch the video, and instead decided to start your "Oh, FlagDUDE08 posted, better give a troll response" routine. Google Home states "according to Wikipedia" for other religious prophets, but says "I don't understand" for Jesus Christ. Why wouldn't it be able to use Wikipedia for a search of Jesus Christ?
                            Tried it on my droid. It returned the news links that cited FlagDude08's links. Further down, way down, were links to The Man.

Then tried "Jesus of Nazareth". BINGO! on the 1st try.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It's just another manufactured conservative Poutrage of the Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                It's just another manufactured conservative Poutrage of the Day.
                                And Feurstein has lost his **** over:

Red Starbucks cups
                                Rainbow on McDonald's fry boxes
                                Rainbow Pride reaction on Facebook

He's a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X