X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion Thread: ...and suddenly, everyone's a theology scholar

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Christianity is under att-!!!!!.
    I thought they were going after time warner.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Area man makes good.

Peruse the Comments; some good ones.
      The comments made the point I was going to,
      "You can’t help the poor and be poor; it makes no sense." Pretty sure Jesus wasn't living it up in a million dollar home.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Sanders would have won. He was just as anti-establishment as Dump and he didn't have any of Hillary's baggage.

As for "rigged," it depends what you mean. The nomination was certainly tilted but it's not clear to me that Sanders would have won if it was completely unbiased. It's just too hard to say. A huge number of Democratic voters could see nothing but FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT and they were going to carry that banner come hell or high water. Also, a large number of Democrats have lived their whole lives under the Identity Regime and don't have the stomach or even the desire for a real fight for economic justice. While this may not have been the intention of the 1% it has certainly been a blessing for them.
        Sadly, we’ll have a woman president before we have a Jew.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Sadly, we’ll have a woman president before we have a Jew.
          Considering women make up 51% of the population and Jews are at 2%, that should neither be shocking nor sad...

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Considering women make up 51% of the population and Jews are at 2%, that should neither be shocking nor sad...
            Never say never

CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Never say never
              Bah.

Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I started volunteering at an LGBT support center. And I will say this: beats sitting in a Bible study.

Also, I come out to atheists/secular people, and here's the response: "cool. I didn't know. Good for you."

I came out to friends from church: "I love you, but..." and dead naming me the entire time.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  I started volunteering at an LGBT support center. And I will say this: beats sitting in a Bible study.

Also, I come out to atheists/secular people, and here's the response: "cool. I didn't know. Good for you."

I came out to friends from church: "I love you, but..." and dead naming me the entire time.
                  "Deadnaming" was news to me. People do that deliberately or are they just ignorant?

The best way to deal with bigots is not give them your time and not let them live in your head. Move on from the small-minded haters. It's their loss. Don't give them any power -- there is a whole world of people out here who warmly accept you for who you are.

This is why people all over the world have left their villages and small towns and moved to the cities, throughout all of history. Rural life is great as long as you fit the pattern. If you don't it is pointless to try to stay and educate and change them -- they have been this way since the dawn of time and will be this way until time ends. Cities exist because interesting people needed places to live.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    I started volunteering at an LGBT support center. And I will say this: beats sitting in a Bible study.

I wouldn't expect a lot of sympathy from churches here, but especially on that side of the state.

Comment

I wouldn't expect a lot of sympathy from churches here, but especially on that side of the state.
                      There are churches whose heads are not shoved up their as-ses. The Unitarians around where I live are bright enough you wouldn't even think it's a church.

But yeah, you probably want to stay away from Pentecostals, Baptists, Lutherans, and Catholics. The hatred is built right into the operating system -- there's no app gonna run on top to fix it.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 12-22-2017, 08:36 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

There are churches whose heads are not shoved up their as-ses. The Unitarians around where I live are bright enough you wouldn't even think it's a church.

But yeah, you probably want to stay away from Pentecostals, Baptists, Lutherans, and Catholics. The hatred is built right into the operating system -- there's no app gonna run on top to fix it.
                        ? Your brand of Lutheran isn't the one I have- ECLA. We have openly partnered gay and lesbian couples in leadership roles at my church. It is no big deal, isn't discussed. Not like not discussed because if we ignore it it doesn't exist. Not discussed like no one cares who is partnered with who. I know some churches have intentional discussions. Ours never did. They just accept everyone. We aren't a 'Reconciling Church- not because we don't believe it. It just never was discussed. We are all God's children. Period.What is there to talk about? If you want to exclude people where do you stop?

My Auntie's Church called an openly gay and partnered Pastor who then moved to the one of the largest congregations in the state. Pretty sure most of the biggest Lutheran churches in the state are Reconciling Churches (Reconciling in Christ Congregation, meaning that we welcome all regardless of race, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other possible exclusionary distinction. We worship in the evangelical catholic tradition of the Lutheran Mass...). Most of them have outreach programs and work actively/publicly to let people know what they believe.

Comment

Got Curious- this is the site that shows registered reconciling churches. There are a lot.
                          https://www.reconcilingworks.org/ric/

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            ? Your brand of Lutheran isn't the one I have- ECLA. We have openly partnered gay and lesbian couples in leadership roles at my church. It is no big deal, isn't discussed. Not like not discussed because if we ignore it it doesn't exist. Not discussed like no one cares who is partnered with who. I know some churches have intentional discussions. Ours never did. They just accept everyone. We aren't a 'Reconciling Church- not because we don't believe it. It just never was discussed. We are all God's children. Period.What is there to talk about? If you want to exclude people where do you stop?

My Auntie's Church called an openly gay and partnered Pastor who then moved to the one of the largest congregations in the state. Pretty sure most of the biggest Lutheran churches in the state are Reconciling Churches (Reconciling in Christ Congregation, meaning that we welcome all regardless of race, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other possible exclusionary distinction. We worship in the evangelical catholic tradition of the Lutheran Mass...). Most of them have outreach programs and work actively/publicly to let people know what they believe.
                            I was going by what people have said about the Lutherans here on the Cafe. If they're not like that good on them. Like I said when it first came up about a year ago, before USCHO my image of Lutherans was people in fur hats and winter coats with no particular religiosity who met to discuss Chamber of Commerce issues in St. Cloud. Icepiscopalians.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 12-22-2017, 09:51 AM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

I was going by what people have said about the Lutherans here on the Cafe. If they're not like that good on them. Like I said when it first came up about a year ago, before USCHO my image of Lutherans was people in fur hats and winter coats with no particular religiosity who met to discuss Chamber of Commerce issues in St. Cloud. Icepiscopalians.
                              While MN has a large Lutheran population, St. Cloud is Catholic heavy.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

heh. To be honest there are sects that are ridiculously strict/funie like. The Missouri Synod reprimanded a Pastor for participating in the ecumanical service for 9/11

Comment

Working...
                                X