X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion Thread: ...and suddenly, everyone's a theology scholar

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Oh man, the liquor one even has the three wise men right.
    D-mn. No, it doesn't, That's Cuervo, not Walker. I hadn't noticed that and man I wanted it to be right!

An oddity, I hardly drink any liquor at all but I knew every one of those labels in the small size image before I could read them.

I may have spent too much time in bars with hockey people.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      D-mn. No, it doesn't, That's Cuervo, not Walker. I hadn't noticed that and man I wanted it to be right!

An oddity, I hardly drink any liquor at all but I knew every one of those labels in the small size image before I could read them.

I may have spent too much time in bars with hockey people.
      Oh, yeah. You're right. Jose is when you add it to a Three Wise Men and then it's called The Four Horsemen.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Guy puts a nativity scene on front lawn with 2 Josephs and an infant Jesus.

Line crossed or acceptable?
        I don't care.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Guy puts a nativity scene on front lawn with 2 Josephs and an infant Jesus.

Line crossed or acceptable?
          I don't see any lines crossed. Christianity is highly metaphorical, and in addition to its humor, anything that challenges or teases convention has value. I can't imagine committed christians feel threatened by it.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
            I don't see any lines crossed. Christianity is highly metaphorical, and in addition to its humor, anything that challenges or teases convention has value. I can't imagine committed christians feel threatened by it.
            Right now, they're too busy insisting on Merry Christmas and yelling about Starbucks holiday cup.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Here is the "offensive" Gaytivity:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...-christianity/

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Yep, here come the Xtian snowflakes to cry "oppression!"

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Yeah. Kepler's pics were pretty awesome.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Yeah. Kepler's pics were pretty awesome.
                    I was responding to the nativity scene joe described.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I was responding to the nativity scene joe described.
                      Yeah, I got that.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

• Beginning to hate people who tell me they "disagree." With what? We're not debating ice cream here.

Ranks right up there with "you made a choice." Like I would suddenly choose to have family and friends stop talking to me.

The more I look at it, the more I might join the Episcopalians. They have a lesbian preacher, all are genuinely welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Beginning to hate people who tell me they "disagree." With what? We're not debating ice cream here.

Ranks right up there with "you made a choice." Like I would suddenly choose to have family and friends stop talking to me.

The more I look at it, the more I might join the Episcopalians. They have a lesbian preacher, all are genuinely welcome...
                          Jesus was God and so the Gospels trump. I can't imagine a scenario where those people are tracking with the Word.

Those Episcopalians sound good. What city do you live in? If you live in a major city, find some churches with young people in urban areas. Google is your friend. If you find the right community, they should care at a level that you don't typically find.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Jesus was God and so the Gospels trump. I can't imagine a scenario where those people are tracking with the Word.

Those Episcopalians sound good. What city do you live in? If you live in a major city, find some churches with young people in urban areas. Google is your friend. If you find the right community, they should care at a level that you don't typically find.
                            The Bible according to 5mn: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

So, what do we do with the other 1,000 or so pages?

Comment

Jesus was God and so the Gospels trump.
                              This will seem like a hopelessly simplistic and open-ended question, 5mn, but what does that mean? Is the meaning traceable to the Council of Nicea?

In 20 words or less.

Comment

Didn't Pope John 23 tell us all to get along? Everyone can worship their own "god" and we can be happy?

Smart man that Pope
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X