This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Skeptics? Nah, we're right and we know it.
    I’m not a skeptic, I just don’t ****ing care.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Religion Thread: ...and suddenly, everyone's a theology scholar

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      It would be an interesting topic to study. Have more human beings been killed in the name of a religion, or because they are religious? I know where my money would be placed.
      Actually an interesting post. I don't have numbers on religion in general...but we can get a sense for Christianity. Per wiki, European wars of religion collectively are believed to have caused about 12 million casualties. Each of those wars were before society actually had access to the Bible - and none such wars occurred after the Bible was found throughout society.

Its hard to get a handle on the huge numbers of lives saved that came from faith based inspiration. A 2012 study from the report Save the Children and the Overseas Development Institute gives clues on the magnitude of charity. in 2010 alone, four million less children died than in 1990. Over 50 million more children were enrolled in school in the last decade. 131 countries now have over 90 per cent immunisation coverage for diphtheria, tetanus and major preventable childhood diseases such as measles, compared to just 63 in 1990. Over the next five years it means we will be able to vaccinate one child every two seconds – saving 1.4 million lives by 2017. Overall with four million lives saved in just one year, the clear conclusion of that report is that aid works.

Again, we only have data on Christianity. Yet, seeing a majority of the top 10 charities are faith based or faith inspired...Christianity has saved more lives and if you consider the casualties came from before society had access to Jesus Word, it can't be compared.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      When it comes specifically to the topic of the Religion Thread, based upon theological debates, what does Puerto Rico's reconstruction or the St. Jude Hospital have to do with the subject?
      Not sure why its not relevant, but St. Jude saves many lives. In the last few months, I've highlighted efforts that save 100s of thousands of lives in the international water project and feed my starving children. And yes, they support those from any walk of life. You've really mastered dead end tangents.

https://thewaterproject.org/
      https://volunteer.fmsc.org/register/#.WfjQStWnG00

Ok...so you do believe that persecution of large groups of peoples depending on who they are is acceptable.
      Last edited by 5mn_Major; 10-31-2017, 03:21 PM.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Ok...so you do believe that persecution of large groups of peoples depending on who they are is acceptable.
        I know I will regret this, but, how do you reach that conclusion? What I'm hearing you say is this:

"The Holocaust killed 6 million Jews."

"A lot of Roma and Slavs were also killed."

"Aha! So you HATE Jews!"
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Feed My Starving Children is powered by believers and non-believers alike. Same with Habitat. Both are Christian organizations that get a significant amount of volunteer hours from secular sources. My division alone probably donates over 200 hours to each of those organizations annually. When ever we do a FMSC event, we’re usually one of three or four companies packing food that day and we’re doing this multiple times a year in just my area alone.

This isn’t mean to minimize their role in organizing these efforts. They do a great job. But be careful crediting all of the work to Christian sources. Because it’s not. A significant portion of the volunteering comes from secular sources.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I know I will regret this, but, how do you reach that conclusion?
            Looking for clarification. Just don't know if any 'atheists' or whatever you call yourself are capable of dialog. All one sees out of you is immature anti faith rhetoric.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Looking for clarification. Just don't know if any 'atheists' or whatever you call yourself are capable of dialog. All one sees out of you is immature anti faith rhetoric.
              Pretty big talk, considering you continuously claim atheists are immoral.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Hail Satan!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Hail Satan!
                  Satan? (link)

Comment

That guy was pretty underrated - believe it or not, saw him play for the Vipers when they were a big/cheaper alternative to the Wings here in the north 'burbs, and he was trying to crack the NHL. Then he landed in Edmonton the following year.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      That guy was pretty underrated - believe it or not, saw him play for the Vipers when they were a big/cheaper alternative to the Wings here in the north 'burbs, and he was trying to crack the NHL. Then he landed in Edmonton the following year.
                      Jesus may save, but Satan scores on the rebound!
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Evil usually wins.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Evil usually wins.
                          Because Good is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Religion is ice cream.

A creed is a flavor of ice cream.

Monotheists go to a Baskin-Robbins with only one flavor.

Fundamentalists go to a Baskins-Robbins where you are not permitted any toppings.

Dominionists believe everyone should be marched at gunpoint to their Baskin-Robbins.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Which is why it baffles me that he never played for the Devils.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Nope. Atheists are often quite moral. But, atheism does not have a moral platform so it doesn't come from there...and it is really just a belief/philosophy of 'no'.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Feed My Starving Children is powered by believers and non-believers alike. Same with Habitat. Both are Christian organizations that get a significant amount of volunteer hours from secular sources. My division alone probably donates over 200 hours to each of those organizations annually. When ever we do a FMSC event, we’re usually one of three or four companies packing food that day and we’re doing this multiple times a year in just my area alone.

This isn’t mean to minimize their role in organizing these efforts. They do a great job. But be careful crediting all of the work to Christian sources. Because it’s not. A significant portion of the volunteering comes from secular sources.
                                Absolutely. A primary outcome of faith (based on its tenants) is to help shepherd society to the greater good.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X