Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    He may be slime, but because of the compromise that was done, R's had and have nothing. And have been completely embarrassed by it.

Other than hate for the ACA. dump complains that they have nothing, but nobody seems to point out that HE doesn't have any alternative, either. The only thing dump contributes is repeal and nothing- which is not what he sold is voters. Although, I expect that his voters anticipate that to come up someday. Not sure when...

(when reason would be- if you really have something that's a good replacement, you would have it on the table right away, and not just rely on R's for their (lack of) ideas.)
    This R thinks single payer is the way forward. The stigma around it unfortunately will prevent it from happening for awhile yet.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

What's the catch? There has to be one drew. No offense or anything, but you might be one of two or three conservatives I've ever talked to who supports single payer.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        What's the catch? There has to be one drew. No offense or anything, but you might be one of two or three conservatives I've ever talked to who supports single payer.
        I just think it would be a much better system. In my opinion way too much time and effort gets spent in today's world jockeying around money and paperwork. I would hope that in a single payer system some of that would be either minimized or eliminated.

Insurance is supposed to be for an event that is somewhat likely to occur, but obviously everyone has some healthcare needs. The term insurance is fairly misleading.

In a lot of ways with healthcare we have a lot of good problems. By that I mean it is more complicated and expensive because there are a lot more and better options available. Back in the day it was much simpler and cheaper, but they also couldn't do a lot for you.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I just think it would be a much better system. In my opinion way too much time and effort gets spent in today's world jockeying around money and paperwork. I would hope that in a single payer system some of that would be either minimized or eliminated.
          And single payer would put a lot of insurance companies out of business.
          Or, the government would contract with existing insurers to run/manage the payment system.

Either way, I just don't see the paperwork or the money-shuffling to get any better.

When I think "single payer" I think just north of where I am.
          Enjoy the reading, because it isn't all duckies and bunnies at 49N+ either.
          https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...or-health-care
          https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...system/381662/
          http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/201...massive-bills/
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I remember, probably a couple months ago, seeing Charles Krauthammer say that single payer was absolutely inevitable within 8 years. I tend to think he's correct there.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              And single payer would put a lot of insurance companies out of business.
              Or, the government would contract with existing insurers to run/manage the payment system.
              No need to "contract" out the paperwork- just absorb the people doing the real work into the government system. But the problem with that is you "nationalize" a profitable industry. Even if they are just money launders, and that's all they do.

Either way, I just don't see the paperwork or the money-shuffling to get any better.
              One thing that will stop are dumb denials of payment. Which just cycles workers who do nothing.

Just as important- instead of the goal of making as much money for shareholders, the people doing the healthcare system will be more motivated to keep people healthy- to minimize output. Priorities change. This may not be more specifically more efficient, but it probably would churn less.

It's funny when people talk about Canada- as if they are an example of how bad a single payer system can be. Our system has huge delays in service, too. And many people struggle to get timely service, too. Every complaint Canada have, we have too- many times far more of it. But there's another thread for this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                This R thinks single payer is the way forward. The stigma around it unfortunately will prevent it from happening for awhile yet.
                Sadly, that does not solve the problem that this republican administration and congress have no real ideas on how to lead. Other than doing the opposite as the last President. Which really isn't a policy or agenda. It's just a childish stance of being opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Right, I'm more curious as to what the whole process was. Did Obama push single payer first, it didn't pass, and then have to compromise to get to ACA/Obamacare?
                  Obama took single payer off the table early. Which is why he got so much criticism for negotiating against himself. Instead of taking the extreme left position, and negotiating to end up somewhere in the middle, he started in the middle and ended up with a Heritage Foundation/Mitt Romney solution.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

this is a great piece from Ted Williams that I saw online about all the hunters who are upset about federal land being opened for drilling and mining.

"Hunters and anglers say they are astonished and outraged. But without their support, Trump wouldn't be president and Zinke wouldn't be running Interior. If sportsmen read newspapers instead of hook-and-bullet rags, they'd have understood that state seizure of public lands is a plank in the GOP platform and that state lands get sold off or reserved for extractive industry."

http://www.aspentimes.com/opinion/te...-public-lands/

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I know a few who support it. Hell most of the conservative business owners I know are all for it because they hate work based insurance. Free thinking conservatives (whats left of them anyways) get that while it sucks on a tax basis the pros far outweight the cons.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        this is a great piece from Ted Williams that I saw online about all the hunters who are upset about federal land being opened for drilling and mining.

"Hunters and anglers say they are astonished and outraged. But without their support, Trump wouldn't be president and Zinke wouldn't be running Interior. If sportsmen read newspapers instead of hook-and-bullet rags, they'd have understood that state seizure of public lands is a plank in the GOP platform and that state lands get sold off or reserved for extractive industry."

Republican pols have always had a love-hate relationship with the common sportsman. They need their votes, so they pander to them with the "Progs r comin' fer ur gunz!" tripe, but the rich, privileged Republicans in power couldn't give a single sh*t about the kind of conservation efforts that orgs like Ducks/Whitetails Unlimited or Pope & Young are supposed to stand for (but mostly just pay lip service to). "Big business" Republicans want all mineral rights and yuuuuge tracts of farmland under the control of the major energy and agri-business players that line their pockets with kickbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I just figured he would do all of things he said he would that hurt the people I dislike, but he would not do any of the things that hurt stuff I like.

Are you telling me there is a problem with my reasoning?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I know a few who support it. Hell most of the conservative business owners I know are all for it because they hate work based insurance. Free thinking conservatives (whats left of them anyways) get that while it sucks on a tax basis the pros far outweight the cons.
                            IMHO, if you go through the numbers, going with a black box idea of money (aka- out is out, regardless of who it goes to), the single payer should be cheaper, since there would not be profts.

Plus, the single payer means that every doctor is in play for patients. As opposed to now- where the #1 choice is who you choose for coverage, and doctors must be part of that system.

So if one can ignore that it's a tax and it starts by going to the government, it should be cheaper and more flexible vs what we have.

But that's another thread.

Comment

The worst kept secret of the past week has been made official.

Great timing, too.

Oh, and Gorka has resigned.

I wonder what other shoes are going to drop under the cover of a major natural disaster.
                              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-25-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

If you're a transgender person in the military helping someone evacuate in Texas, just leave them where they are: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X