Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    To be fair to Trump, Congress has been a disaster this century. He might not be the solution, but he has accurately diagnosed the problem with regard to them.
    The ONLY reason that congress has problems is that someone has demonized compromise.

Which means it has become "my way or the highway" in terms of agenda.

Which is 100% a republican thing.

When the ACA, nobody thought that the Democrats who voted against were bad- it's just that they didn't get what they wanted. The fact that not all D's agreed on the policy was somehow a measure of it being a bad idea and a bad bill.

But when the ACA repeal went down because of McCain- he became an awful person to be blamed for not being in lock step.

This country used to work just fine on compromise and everyone getting a little of what they wanted, and letting the other guy getting a little of what they wanted. Again, do we need to remind you which administration had a balanced budget?

Compromise makes sure that not one thing is overly a burden. It makes people LISTEN.

The loss of compromise is 100% due to the republican party. A-holes.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Dude on my (now former) hockey team was peddling that. It obviously ignores the fact that Republicans and various states did everything in their power to neuter it. That said, at the time it was happening, I wasn't paying close attention to the origins of Obamacare and what compromises had to be made for it to pass originally.
      The real origins of Obamacare was RomneyCare.

Which is exactly why R's can't come up with a better idea- that IS their best idea. It's a brilliant COMPROMISE to get more healthcare coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Trump's "focus on spending" comes down to a huge boost in the military budget and a tax cut for the 1% that will blow an even bigger hole in the debt.

The Democrats have been the more responsible party on spending for 25 years now. "Spending" for Republicans is an empty phrase, reduced to the emotional dog whistle "let's stick it to the whores and n-ggers."
        Both sides spend like drunken Indians

(Another great SNL skit with heather locklear)
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I'm pretty cynical but I don't believe there are a million Nazis in the US. Not outside of prison, anyway. My guess is the grand total of all the actual Nazis in the US is under 10,000 and the grand total of all the violent white supremacists in the US is under 100,000. Not people with stupid racist beliefs, which evidently is about half the Republican party, but people willing to achieve their ends with physical force.

As for the number of people who unironically read stuff like InfoWars and Breitbart, I doubt there are even 100,000. 95% of sales of the Weekly World News were for jokes. People read InfoWars for the same reason -- it's just so monumentally stupid that it's funny to laugh at them and egg them on.
          Mookie will take the over

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Which is exactly why R's can't come up with a better idea- that IS their best idea. It's a brilliant COMPROMISE to get more healthcare coverage.
            One can never be wrong this way

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              In fairness to libs, those criticizing Mr. Obama were way left of most Ds and the DNC and effectively want elimination of all "map lines" (elimination of any sort of jurisdictional sovereignty).
              Source?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A reason not to be amused by the narcissistic sh-tbag with the nuke codes.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Right, I'm more curious as to what the whole process was. Did Obama push single payer first, it didn't pass, and then have to compromise to get to ACA/Obamacare?

Comment

A good piece on our Bush Era descent into depravity and fascism, courtesy of lawyers.

God knows that it will be 1000x worse under Trump if he gets his way. Dubya, though inept, was not evil. Trump is both.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Right, I'm more curious as to what the whole process was. Did Obama push single payer first, it didn't pass, and then have to compromise to get to ACA/Obamacare?
                      That, I don't remember.

I do remember my office mate asking me why some Islamist thing was in the bill. So I looked up the word in the actual bill- it wasn't there. Lots of fake news about the ACA swirled back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Source?
                        Who did the criticizing?
                        Self-identification.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

My understanding is Obama wanted the so-called public option whereby insurers would in fact be competing against govt insurance (overly simplistic I'm sure). On that note Joe Leiberman was adamantly opposed, and with his opposition and the Dems not going through reconciliation to pass the bill they needed all 60 Senators to vote yes.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            My understanding is Obama wanted the so-called public option whereby insurers would in fact be competing against govt insurance (overly simplistic I'm sure). On that note Joe Leiberman was adamantly opposed, and with his opposition and the Dems not going through reconciliation to pass the bill they needed all 60 Senators to vote yes.
                            Reason 7,546,432 that Joe Leiberman is drip slime.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Someone asked Sarah Huckleberry today "who" the good people were that were marching in Charlottesville with the KKK/Skin Heads/Neo-Nazi's/Nazi's. She refused to answer.

I'd really like to know.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Reason 7,546,432 that Joe Leiberman is drip slime.
                                He may be slime, but because of the compromise that was done, R's had and have nothing. And have been completely embarrassed by it.

Other than hate for the ACA. dump complains that they have nothing, but nobody seems to point out that HE doesn't have any alternative, either. The only thing dump contributes is repeal and nothing- which is not what he sold is voters. Although, I expect that his voters anticipate that to come up someday. Not sure when...

(when reason would be- if you really have something that's a good replacement, you would have it on the table right away, and not just rely on R's for their (lack of) ideas.)

Comment

Working...
                                X