Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You're reading those votes as Democrats who went to Trump because they were mad at Hillary. I doubt it. I think they were anti-establishment voters from the get-go. If they haven't blown their heads off in anti-G7 rallies by 2020, they'll go with whoever they think is giving The Man the finger. That could be Trump again, as he is a master of revolutionary talk even though he doesn't do squat except line his pockets.
    I don't necessarily think it was mad at Hillary. I think it was as you say lets stick it to The Man with the added assumption that it wouldn't matter because Chump wouldn't win. That's a little bit harder to do when he actually did win and when he's been a colossal F up.

Similarly, 3rd party candidates like Toker Johnson and Nutty Jill Stein did a little better last time around as people outside of the usual libertarians voted for them. I'm guessing these same people, again aside from the libertarians, will go back to choosing sides after they realized the effect of wasting their vote.

From the NPR study these people could have been decisive in WI, MI and PA, but then again so were some other things I'd image like lower non-white turnout absent Obama on the ballot (a big problem in Ohio from what I understand).

I don't know the # total of these hypothetical Sanders-Trump voters but lets say if he got, I don't know maybe 15M primary votes it would be 1.5M. Still puts Chump in the range Goopers have been getting in Prez elections since 2004. For that reason I'm less interesting in convincing Trump voters to not vote for him again and more into reassembling the 70M people that voted for Obama in his first election.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

You're reading those votes as Democrats who went to Trump because they were mad at Hillary. I doubt it. I think they were anti-establishment voters from the get-go. If they haven't blown their heads off in anti-G7 rallies by 2020, they'll go with whoever they think is giving The Man the finger. That could be Trump again, as he is a master of revolutionary talk even though he doesn't do squat except line his pockets.
      There were definitely some moronic Bernie supporters like Jimmy Dore advocating the protest vote (I don't remember if it was for Trump or just third party) based on ludicrous logic (Trump won't get anything done, Dems will take over senate in 2018, dems will filibuster the supreme court picks, etc.). So I don't doubt that there are some of those people who exist.

Comment

I'd be astounded if any Bernie supporters backed Trump again now that we know what he's actually doing while in office. Having said that, if we're only talking a million or so people, I can easily see Chump making some of that up with neo-Nazis and Falseflagdude types who normally don't vote for a major party candidate but who now see a friend in the WH.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I think you are both right. I know for a fact there were lots of Dems who voted for Trump for various reasons. (hell stats prove it in various counties) Some were anti-establishment, some were anti-Hillary and some believed Trumps was actually a RINO who would move Left as he got to office because he was a Dem before he was a GOPer. Lots of people who wouldnt normally vote GOP went GOP on the idea of "hope" as well.

Also remember that many of the "Anti-Establishment" people went to Stein and the Potzker. They wont do that again.

And that is why I am saying Trump needs every GOP voter to hold. The 34% he is getting now is because like 88% of the GOP are looking at him favorably. He really has zero margin for error. While Base Red States are going nowhere the states he barely won, especially the Battleground States he flipped wont stay flipped at this point if he keeps this up. It is a bad strategy from a political standpoint. (from a business standpoint it is great because being the villain makes you tons of cash just ask Wal-Mart)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            It was down before he came into office.
            Dont feed the Fraudbot
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              I don't necessarily think it was mad at Hillary. I think it was as you say lets stick it to The Man with the added assumption that it wouldn't matter because Chump wouldn't win. That's a little bit harder to do when he actually did win and when he's been a colossal F up.

Similarly, 3rd party candidates like Toker Johnson and Nutty Jill Stein did a little better last time around as people outside of the usual libertarians voted for them. I'm guessing these same people, again aside from the libertarians, will go back to choosing sides after they realized the effect of wasting their vote.

From the NPR study these people could have been decisive in WI, MI and PA, but then again so were some other things I'd image like lower non-white turnout absent Obama on the ballot (a big problem in Ohio from what I understand).

I don't know the # total of these hypothetical Sanders-Trump voters but lets say if he got, I don't know maybe 15M primary votes it would be 1.5M. Still puts Chump in the range Goopers have been getting in Prez elections since 2004. For that reason I'm less interesting in convincing Trump voters to not vote for him again and more into reassembling the 70M people that voted for Obama in his first election.
              There was definitely a "Brexit" style voter who voted for Trump thinking he would lose.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I think you are both right. I know for a fact there were lots of Dems who voted for Trump for various reasons. (hell stats prove it in various counties) Some were anti-establishment, some were anti-Hillary and some believed Trumps was actually a RINO who would move Left as he got to office because he was a Dem before he was a GOPer. Lots of people who wouldnt normally vote GOP went GOP on the idea of "hope" as well.

Also remember that many of the "Anti-Establishment" people went to Stein and the Potzker. They wont do that again.

And that is why I am saying Trump needs every GOP voter to hold. The 34% he is getting now is because like 88% of the GOP are looking at him favorably. He really has zero margin for error. While Base Red States are going nowhere the states he barely won, especially the Battleground States he flipped wont stay flipped at this point if he keeps this up. It is a bad strategy from a political standpoint. (from a business standpoint it is great because being the villain makes you tons of cash just ask Wal-Mart)
                If Johnson would have run a legitimate campaign Hillary probably would have won.

Is there any chance Mark Zuckerberg or someone like that jumps in the race as an independent in 2020? Depending on the dem nominee I think they could have a decent chance.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  There was definitely a "Brexit" style voter who voted for Trump thinking he would lose.
                  I call it the moron vote.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Stein voters were definitely never going to Trump -- had she not been there some would have gone to Hillary, others, maybe most others, to whichever other candidate wanted to levitate the Pentagon. Those are the voters who you actually have a point in blaming, but I think they are fractional. Of course, fractions decide election these days and until that stops I fully agree that everyone to the left of the radical rightwing GOP threat has to pull together and vote together, as a bloc, right down the line. Our first task isn't to get elected, it's to keep the children away from the launch codes, nuclear, regulatory, and fiscal.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There were definitely some moronic Bernie supporters like Jimmy Dore advocating the protest vote (I don't remember if it was for Trump or just third party) based on ludicrous logic (Trump won't get anything done, Dems will take over senate in 2018, dems will filibuster the supreme court picks, etc.). So I don't doubt that there are some of those people who exist.
                      Well, one of everything always exists. I'm sure at least one black person sincerely campaigned for George Wallace.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Dont feed the Fraudbot
                        It's more for everyone else, not trying to change his mind, he's a moron. But for those who weren't aware, the immigration thing has been happening for a while now.

Well, one of everything always exists. I'm sure at least one black person sincerely campaigned for George Wallace.
                        True but he definitely has a good amount of followers on twitter (almost 100k) and young Turks is pretty popular. So it's not like it's just him obviously.
                        Last edited by trixR4kids; 08-25-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I'd be astounded if any Bernie supporters backed Trump again now that we know what he's actually doing while in office. Having said that, if we're only talking a million or so people, I can easily see Chump making some of that up with neo-Nazis and Falseflagdude types who normally don't vote for a major party candidate but who now see a friend in the WH.
                          I'm pretty cynical but I don't believe there are a million Nazis in the US. Not outside of prison, anyway. My guess is the grand total of all the actual Nazis in the US is under 10,000 and the grand total of all the violent white supremacists in the US is under 100,000. Not people with stupid racist beliefs, which evidently is about half the Republican party, but people willing to achieve their ends with physical force.

As for the number of people who unironically read stuff like InfoWars and Breitbart, I doubt there are even 100,000. 95% of sales of the Weekly World News were for jokes. People read InfoWars for the same reason -- it's just so monumentally stupid that it's funny to laugh at them and egg them on.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 08-25-2017, 11:53 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

It's more for everyone else, not trying to change his mind, he's a moron. But for those who weren't aware, the immigration thing has been happening for a while now.
                            Yep, Obama was actually criticized by some libs for being too hardline on deportations.

You also saw in Frauddy's earlier post, that righties are still peddling the "Obamacare was deliberately setup to fail, so that we're forced into single-payer" canard.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Yep, Obama was actually criticized by some libs for being too hardline on deportations.
                              Right, and I think there were other reasons as to why the net result was actually negative (i.e. more people moving to Mexico) outside of Obama.

You also saw in Frauddy's earlier post, that righties are still peddling the "Obamacare was deliberately setup to fail, so that we're forced into single-payer" canard.
                              Dude on my (now former) hockey team was peddling that. It obviously ignores the fact that Republicans and various states did everything in their power to neuter it. That said, at the time it was happening, I wasn't paying close attention to the origins of Obamacare and what compromises had to be made for it to pass originally.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                In fairness to libs, those criticizing Mr. Obama were way left of most Ds and the DNC and effectively want elimination of all "map lines" (elimination of any sort of jurisdictional sovereignty).
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X