Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1003

Thread: POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Inspired by Actual Events

Re: POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

There is an idea out that trump is so eager and feckless that he can be steered to switching sides. He's been meeting privately with all the dem bigwigs (who have got to be gargling mouthwash and scrubbing down afterwards) and conservative heads are exploding all over Washington at the prospect of having sold their souls only for the ultimate betrayal. Politically speaking this could be an amazing mid term season. Next up: huge infrastructure spending and middle class tax cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    There is an idea out that trump is so eager and feckless that he can be steered to switching sides. He's been meeting privately with all the dem bigwigs (who have got to be gargling mouthwash and scrubbing down afterwards) and conservative heads are exploding all over Washington at the prospect of having sold their souls only for the ultimate betrayal. Politically speaking this could be an amazing mid term season. Next up: huge infrastructure spending and middle class tax cuts?
    Trump doesn't listen to sides. He listens to the best deal. Period.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Except they did. Every poll, every handicapper, everyone with a pulse had her winning and winning big. Even 538 had her winning (while playing conservative with the numbers due to different factors) Were you in a cave?
    I'm talking before the election when they had it much closer and probably had better data than post debate polls or what have you. And like someone earlier said her winning by a lot was more predicated on her winning a lot of close battles in key states.

Generic Catchy Message

Trump on Irma: "It looks like it could be something that will be not good. Believe me, not good."

Wow. Possibly the greatest orator since Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Trump on Irma: "It looks like it could be something that will be not good. Believe me, not good."

Wow. Possibly the greatest orator since Churchill.
    Bringing democracy to America, 140 characters at a time.

There were some professors in college I wish taught in small sentences, instead of long lectures that could have been distilled down to a few sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Bringing democracy to America, 140 characters at a time.

There were some professors in college I wish taught in small sentences, instead of long lectures that could have been distilled down to a few sentences.
    Bringing democracy to America See Dick Run FASTLY!! style.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Bringing democracy to America See Dick Run FASTLY!! style.
    Yeah. There's a difference between concise and ignint.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I think you're talking about different things. All of the electoral forecasts had Clinton crushing Trump. Most of the final popular vote estimates were at a few percentage points in favor of Clinton (3-5% IIRC, but don't quote me).
    Yeah that was why in a later posted I meant EVs. The polls were within the margin of error but no one, even Nate Silver had them flipping the way they did and he overcorrected for Trump unlike most forecasters.
    Last edited by Handyman; 09-07-2017 at 07:16 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Late to the game on all the Hillary stuff, but good lord you can cure meats with the salt coming from those excerpts. Sorry not everyone stepped out of the way to hand you the nomination.
    Maybe she needs to talk to some of the "experts" around here because according to them she was
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Appears Trump is going Bill Clinton on the bit and triangulating. He'll get massive amounts of legislation done if that's the tract he takes. And, he'll get Republicans and himself reelected across the country,
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Yeah that was why in a later posted I meant EVs. The polls were within the margin of error but no one, even Nate Silver had them flipping the way they did and he overcorrected for Trump unlike most forecasters.
    Silver understood, though, that the polls were not independent. i.e., if Wisconsin missed, then Michigan and Pennsylvania were also likely to miss the same way.

The people saying she was a 99% lock treated the polls as independent, which meant that even if Wisconsin missed, Michigan could've missed just as much in the other direction. And the odds of all of them missing the mark the same way were akin to flipping 10 coins and having them all end up as heads. (an event which will happen at some point given a sufficient number of coin flips). Extremely rare events are not, by their definition, impossible.
    Last edited by unofan; 09-07-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Or, as he has repeatedly demonstrated, he is a child who can't control his emotions and lashes out when angry. He is mad at McConnell and Ryan for failing to do anything he has asked so far and wanted to show them who's boss without giving a single thought to what the Ds were actually asking for.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Trump doesn't listen to sides. He'll do whatever he has to to say he got a win.
    Fixed your post.

It's all about Donnie. He doesn't care if it's a good deal or a bad deal. just give him something to sign so he can brag about it. If they passed the ACA today, he'd sign it, just as long as it wasn't that horrible Obamacare.

And as others said, he's just pizzed at Ryan and Turtle Boy, and showing them who's boss.
    Last edited by rufus; 09-07-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Wait wait wait... you mean someone in DC is actually DOING their job? We can't have that! We need the in-fighting to get someone to only care about keeping their job with their tribe!
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    It's all about Donnie. He doesn't care if it's a good deal or a bad deal. just give him something to sign so he can brag about it. If they passed the ACA today, he'd sign it, just as long as it wasn't that horrible Obamacare.
    I've thought for awhile that the Republicans (from purely a political standpoint) should have "repealed" ACA, and "replaced" it with basically the same legislation. This way, they don't get branded with having taken away the insurance of tens of millions of people, they would have been able to sell it to their base that they got rid of Obamacare, and Trump would have "delivered" on one of his key campaign promises and get an early "win."
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I've thought for awhile that the Republicans (from purely a political standpoint) should have "repealed" ACA, and "replaced" it with basically the same legislation. This way, they don't get branded with having taken away the insurance of tens of millions of people, they would have been able to sell it to their base that they got rid of Obamacare, and Trump would have "delivered" on one of his key campaign promises and get an early "win."
    Americans today are wise to when the wool is being pulled over their eyes. We're not in the Bush administration anymore.

I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

I guess y'all have your talking point for the next week, at least until you need to start yelling about Russia again to try to "garner ratings". I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of the tribal fighting within America. America is our goal. If America is going to be great again, it needs to be great from ALL angles.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Silver understood, though, that the polls were not independent. i.e., if Wisconsin missed, then Michigan and Pennsylvania were also likely to miss the same way.

The people saying she was a 99% lock treated the polls as independent, which meant that even if Wisconsin missed, Michigan could've missed just as much in the other direction. And the odds of all of them missing the mark the same way were akin to flipping 10 coins and having them all end up as heads. (an event which will happen at some point given a sufficient number of coin flips). Extremely rare events are not, by their definition, impossible.
    That is very true. Silver was really the only one saying that if one domino falls then they all could. He didnt think they would but he knew they COULD.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Trump may be a dink, but he's right on this issue. The priority is getting hurricane relief for the one that just hit and the one that's about to. If you need to package that with a debt ceiling hike, that's what you do because crybaby knuckledraggers won't vote for a clean debt ceiling hike. Remember, the GOP has the #'s to pass all of this without any Dem votes. The fact that they can't leaves Chump with the option of negotiating with Dems to get the basics of legislating done. Recall this the next time the lamestream media tells you what a master strategist Itch is or what a policy wonk weasel Paul Ryan is.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

there's a good buck in that racket.

Trump may be a dink, but he's right on this issue. The priority is getting hurricane relief for the one that just hit and the one that's about to. ...
    trump doral is going to need a LOT of work hugely!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Thread Information