Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I'm not sure where the line is. I'm not sure where it should be. I just know that I personally think the line should be as close to "you can pretty much say anything you want" as it can possibly be.
    you'll be happy to know the courts agree with you.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Me too, but I also don't belong to any immediately recognizable group that has suffered from majority f-ckwits heckling them day in and day out, with a history of hardcore discrimination behind it. I'm sure that colors my view.
      I'm in a similar position.

But for me, a person's words, and even their actions and the people they hang out with are, in poker parlance, extremely good "tells" as to what you are dealing with when you confront these people. I don't consider myself exceptionally perceptive. If people want to provide me with self-identifiers, I appreciate it.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Thank goodness we have gerrymandered districts, voter suppression, and an electoral college!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          I'm in a similar position.

But for me, a person's words, and even their actions and the people they hang out with are, in poker parlance, extremely good "tells" as to what you are dealing with when you confront these people. I don't consider myself exceptionally perceptive. If people want to provide me with self-identifiers, I appreciate it.
          I like the idiots to self-ID as well.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Brakes failed my butt. https://www.infowars.com/update-rogu...ination-scare/

Comment

Same pollsters that predicted Hill-dawg would win in a landslide?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Doesn't Charlie Hebdo do that with a lot of events? I remember they did the Italian earthquake victims as different pasta dishes.
                IINM Hebdo has a history of being deliberately provocative to emphasize that they support full freedom of expression, even if the expression is awful. This is particularly galling to authorities in Europe where there is less of an emphasis on the individual right of expression in some ways -- for example, that you can actually be found guilty of a criminal offense for throwing a banana at an African soccer player. Europeans are a lot more worried about far right hate groups because no sh-t.

WW2 Deaths, upper end estimate, in millions:

Code:
                27.0 USSR
                 7.0 Germany
                 6.0 Poland
                 1.7 Yugoslavia
                 0.8 Greece
                 0.6 France
                 0.6 Hungary
                 0.5 Italy
                 0.5 Romania
                 0.5 UK
                 0.4 USA
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  IINM Hebdo has a history of being deliberately provocative to emphasize that they support full freedom of expression, even if the expression is awful. This is particularly galling to authorities in Europe where there is less of an emphasis on the individual right of expression in some ways -- for example, that you can actually be found guilty of a criminal offense for throwing a banana at an African soccer player. Europeans are a lot more worried about far right hate groups because no sh-t.

WW2 Deaths, upper end estimate, in millions:

Code:
                  27.0 USSR
                   7.0 Germany
                   6.0 Poland
                   1.7 Yugoslavia
                   0.8 Greece
                   0.6 France
                   0.6 Hungary
                   0.5 Italy
                   0.5 Romania
                   0.5 UK
                   0.4 USA
                  Combat deaths? Cause if you count civilians I know Russia and Germany's counts should go way up.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Trump has a worse chance of going 4 years than Justin Upton has of winning a World Series as a Tiger. His approval is still on a downward slide (after blowing through every record), his cabinet is in open defiance, he's made enemies of everyone in Washington, he's impatient, thin-skinned, old, and probably sick. And he has ZERO respect for traditions of the office. He's going to quit. Depending who he blames for his ultimate failure ("the media" is probably too nebulous to matter) we could see a spasm of terrorist acts when he does.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Combat deaths? Cause if you count civilians I know Russia and Germany's counts should go way up.
                      That's everybody, according to the chart and source(s).
                      Cornell University

Comment

customs and immigration in dubai is a piece of cake. u s can learn a lot from these fellas! sat behind obl's brother on the plane tonight. bunch of folks connecting for flights continuing to ksa to celebrate hajj this weekend. dude had uggs on. no doubt a gla fan
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          Trump has a worse chance of going 4 years than Justin Upton has of winning a World Series as a Tiger. His approval is still on a downward slide (after blowing through every record), his cabinet is in open defiance, he's made enemies of everyone in Washington, he's impatient, thin-skinned, old, and probably sick. And he has ZERO respect for traditions of the office. He's going to quit. Depending who he blames for his ultimate failure ("the media" is probably too nebulous to matter) we could see a spasm of terrorist acts when he does.
                          quit?!?!!?!

quit?!?!!?

are you nuts
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Play the ball, not the man.
                            Huh... that's odd. Usually when I'm correcting children, I'm telling them play the man not the puck. Go figure.

Valid, but the biggest thing is still simply that Euros give more consideration to the rights of the group over those of the individual. Americans, having originally come here seeking individual religious freedoms, have done the opposite ever since. So I'd suggest at least the general difference predates WWII by quite a bit. Things like free speech, freedom of religion, etc. are codified individual rights here that don't really exist in European law.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Things like free speech, freedom of religion, etc. are codified individual rights here that don't really exist in European law.
                              The wellspring of liberties and rights of the individual comes out of Western European liberalism (the continental kind) in the 17th and 18th centuries. The US was a political incarnation of European ideals that had been around for 150 years before 1776, both in the colonies but also in the European intellectual community. The American experiment was putting European theories (Burke, Montesqui) into practice and enshrining them in governmental institutions. Institutions now under attack by neo-feudalists who are trying to destroy democratic representation.

Even the experiment had already been successfully achieved in Europe (in the Netherlands) 100 years before the American Revolution. The idea that American individual freedom is in any way exceptional is pure myth.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Huh... that's odd. Usually when I'm correcting children, I'm telling them play the man not the puck. Go figure.
                                When I'm correcting children, it's usually on the proper way to spell Gandhi, and that they are in fact, racist gaping *******s.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X