Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Uh, yeah, he did. He was fighting a ****tard named Turtle Boy the whole way. He passed Health Care which was something they had been screaming about for decades. He did as many executive orders as he could but after Obamacare he couldn't pass any legislation. It was never going to happen. He blew his wad the first two years and did as much as he could after.
    He negotiated against himself on healthcare. He tried to slash social security benefits. He tried to "compromise" on the latest SC pick. He did nothing about criminal bankers who destroyed the economy. Overall he's better than a lot of politicians we've had and is probably one of the best we've had in a while but let's not pretend he was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Except this isn't true. Who doesn't show up in the midterms? The Poors. Lofo voters who don't even realize there's an election unless it's for President. They aren't ideological. They tend to vote more "liberal" out of identity politics: black Poors for black issues, women Poors for women's issues, student Poors for student issues. But they don't have any ideology they're just out for what makes sense for them (just like most Republican lofos), and we live in a time when Republicans are f-cking all those groups hard so to be against them is to be "liberal."

I only correct you every time you raise your silly broken clock theory of 2016; if you'd **** about that I wouldn't break in. Also, I didn't think of Bernie while educating you; dude lives in your head, not mine. I really hope Bernie doesn't run again -- we've had enough dinosaurs.
      Kep again none of this makes any sense. You're becoming the Bob Gray of the left, a guy who used to have intelligent things to say but who just went off the deep end.

As Scooby already mentioned, poor people sure seem to show up on the Republican side, or Kentucky and WVA wouldn't be dominated by the GOP. So, your point is stupid.

Next, whenever I point out the ongoing inertia of the left, you keep bringing up 2016. Keppy, wake up buddy. Lefties aren't participating in state elections. Mid terms elections. Now federal elections in Presidential years. Hillary was on the ballot exactly once, for one race from 2010-2016. How does that explain the record low turnout in 2010 and 2014??? That makes no sense, even for you.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        He negotiated against himself on healthcare. He tried to slash social security benefits. He tried to "compromise" on the latest SC pick. He did nothing about criminal bankers who destroyed the economy. Overall he's better than a lot of politicians we've had and is probably one of the best we've had in a while but let's not pretend he was perfect.
        He didn't **** all over the Statue of Liberty. Last time I checked. He also didn't try to start any wars. Last time I checked. I admit the bar is low but consider what's happened around here since 2000 and then get back to me.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          He didn't **** all over the Statue of Liberty. Last time I checked. He also didn't try to start any wars. Last time I checked. I admit the bar is low but consider what's happened around here since 2000 and then get back to me.
          Ok but let's not act like he did everything he could when in reality he was better than a lot of the dreck we've had but there's plenty room for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Ok but let's not act like he did everything he could when in reality he was better than a lot of the dreck we've had but there's plenty room for improvement.
            I think he was hamstrung by the Congress. I think Turtle Boy played his strategy to perfection. As for the criminal bankers. Yeah, I don't get that one either. Still ****es me off. But, lobbying works. It's been proven over and over again.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Keppy, wake up buddy. Lefties aren't participating in state elections. Mid terms elections. Now federal elections in Presidential years. Hillary was on the ballot exactly once, for one race from 2010-2016. How does that explain the record low turnout in 2010 and 2014??? That makes no sense, even for you.
              Because "Hillary" is on every Democratic ballot. There is never a true change, it is always noodling with peripherals. Presidents get away with it because the presidency is a big enough stage that even incremental changes cast a big shadow. But when you are talking about a Congressman or Senator or Governor then the Democrats' muddled, milktoast approach is road kill because the Republican opponent comes out guns blazing with derp and energizes the base.

We are killing ourselves with tepidness. Demand more. Reach farther. Don't demand a 38% top marginal rate, demand a 76% one. Don't put your chit on Obamacare, put it on Single Payer. Don't freeze the military budget, cut it.

I'd rather vote for something I really want and lose than vote for something I don't want... and STILL lose. And the more we put our real ideas out there the more we can test market and tweak them. The Republicans win because we are so afraid we self-censor and say "what we want will never win." I call bullsh-t. The watered down crap we bleed ourselves dry to push through is so meager it's doesn't change the landscape.

And we've sold ourselves on the idea that we had best never really put forward an aggressive liberal agenda or we will get killed. Look around. The orcs control the entire government and DONALD F. TRUMP is president! Explain to me how it could be any worse than it already is.

The only thing in the middle of the road is roadkill.
              Last edited by Kepler; 09-05-2017, 01:43 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Democrats fail because their power structure has benefited from the last 30 years so they want to tinker around the edges.
                The democrats fail because too many middle age white guys and older white guys and quite a few 20-and 30-something white guys won't vote for them. When the democrats can come up with an economic message that attracts more white men, they will begin winning a few more elections where the majority of the population isn't something other than white. Someone posted earlier that for the majority of the "Rs" racism is not a deal breaker. Along those lines I want the white guy who says "all lives matter" to vote for a candidate who supports economic policies that make sense for the 99%. There are plenty of people out there with misguided or downright wrong views on racism or any number of "progessive" hot buttons issues that would vote for people who would not only do the right thing on jobs and the economy, but on issues that are near and dear to the hearts of virtually everyone of us posting in this thread.

Comment

Kep you need to realize there are plenty of poor Righty voters. Go to Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and Alabama none of dem Rednecks gun be votin for no Pinko Librul! They arent exactly living high off the hog either.

Democrats will continue to lose until they realize that part of winning means you dont get everything you want. Just being right isnt good enough the people dont care. (well half of them dont) You will need to bend on a few ideas to get into office you can go ideological once there. Do what you need to do to win worry about what you want to do until after that.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And we've sold ourselves on the idea that we had best never really put forward an aggressive liberal agenda or we will get killed. Look around. The orcs control the entire government and DONALD F. TRUMP is president! Explain to me how it could be any worse than it already is.
                    Oh, it could be worse. The GOP has just enough purity idiots in the Senate and House to derail their own agenda. If not for them all would be lost. We'd be rewriting the Constitution of the United States in it's entirety.

Comment

Meanwhile here's your new Senator from Alabama.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7d1edbf9d234

The Republican leading in the runoff race in Alabama's Senate primary appears to have no idea what the biggest political issues of the moment even are.

In a July 11 interview with the Dale Jackson Show on local radio channel WVNN, and uncovered Friday by Washington Examiner columnist Philip Wegmann, Judge Roy Moore appears completely stumped on what the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program is — you know, the one that's been a rallying cry on the right for liberal overreach for years, and the one President Trump has said he'll decide about over the weekend, and the one some Republicans in Congress are paradoxically encouraging him to keep.
                      He has no clue what DACA is and he's going to be in the Senate. No ****ing clue. He knows what "gays" are though and he doesn't want anything to do with that.

Moore was the chief justice of Alabama's Supreme Court (before he was kicked off last year for not abiding by the U.S. Supreme Court's legalization of same-sex marriage.)
                      This is who they're getting elected.

I'm so happy that ***** didn't get to be President.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Kep you need to realize there are plenty of poor Righty voters. Go to Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and Alabama none of dem Rednecks gun be votin for no Pinko Librul! They arent exactly living high off the hog either.

Democrats will continue to lose until they realize that part of winning means you dont get everything you want. Just being right isnt good enough the people dont care. (well half of them dont) You will need to bend on a few ideas to get into office you can go ideological once there. Do what you need to do to win worry about what you want to do until after that.
                        I'm all for that, but our problem isn't that we don't compromise (my god do we) it's that we start the negotiation with our final offer, and then get whittled down from that. The GOP doesn't do that. On health care the GOP says "our opening bid is that sick people become the property of the insurance industry who can sell them to medical research corporations for experimentation when they're alive and medical supply companies for parts when they're dead. The sick person's parents and children must pay all expenses in their transportation and vivisection or they in turn become the property of private debtors' prisons."
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm all for that, but our problem isn't that we don't compromise (my god do we) it's that we start the negotiation with our final offer, and then get whittled down from that. The GOP doesn't do that. On health care the GOP says "our opening bid is that sick people become the property of the insurance industry who can sell them to medical research corporations for experimentation when they're alive and medical supply companies for parts when they're dead. The sick person's parents and children must pay all expenses in their transportation and vivisection or they in turn become the property of private debtors' prisons."
                          They believe in bankruptcy. And maybe that's where we need to be. That appears to be what the American people want. Homelessness and Bankruptcy.

Comment

I'd rather vote for something I really want and lose than vote for something I don't want... and STILL lose.
                            Kep, this is why you're still part of the problem. You want the party to accede to your "demands" 100% or you are happy with losing as long as you stay true to your blessed principles. I missed the memo where we all take our orders from you. P !ssing and moaning because a Dem doesn't open up with a Single Player or 76% tax rate proposal? Good lord.

If Dem voters were as liberal as you, Bernie would have been the nominee despite any vast conspiracies from evil genius and brilliant political strategist Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Lizzy Warren will be the 2020 nominee if that's the case. If either of those people didn't/don't win, you need to accept that you won't get 100% of what you want because your personal brand of liberalism isn't dominant, but make peace with that and work with what's available.
                            Last edited by Rover; 09-05-2017, 02:27 PM.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Kep, this is why you're still part of the problem. You want the party to accede to your "demands" 100% or you are happy with losing as long as you stay true to your blessed principles. I missed the memo where we all take our orders from you. P !ssing and moaning because a Dem doesn't open up with a Single Player or 76% tax rate proposal? Good lord.
                              No, I don't, I want the Democratic party to begin to campaign and govern as Democrats again. We owned the presidency for 16 years between 1992 and 2016 and inequality continued to grow. We aren't doing sh-t.

We have to give people goals that they believe in so they'll vote, and that will improve their lives so they will vote again. What we do now is peddle small scale crap, so the only time we get votes is when the GOP totally destroys the country. And then the small scale crap doesn't work so they stop voting for us.

FDR answered the Great Depression with the New Deal, made a political and economic revolution, and we won five straight elections. We answered the Great Recession with a few piddling changes that did nothing to attack the root causes or help people and we were out of there as soon as the GOP ran a clown against us.

That is the difference. Your way is electoral death. We know this because that's exactly where you've led us. So either try something new or get out of the way.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Yeah because the dem primary has been so successful in finding winning candidates come general election time and is a flawless process

Comment

Working...
                                X