Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 121

Thread: Basketball 2017

  1. #21
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    38,601

    Re: Basketball 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Do you think the Celtics are now favored in the East?
    nope. bron is still bron. and crowder was the guy to play defense against him
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Kick A**
    Posts
    240

    Re: Basketball 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Do you think the Celtics are now favored in the East?
    They are probably a year away from being #1 in the east. However, they will actually compete with the Cavs this year should they meet in the playoffs, unlike last season where the Cavs basically gave them a token win. Last year's team was solid, but it was just an NBA championship pretender who had reached their ceiling with the talent they had. The NBA has plenty of 50+ win teams year in and year out that never sniff the NBA championship.

  3. #23
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    36,352

    Re: Basketball 2017

    If, for some reason, Lebron stays with the Cavs after this season, they will be the favorite in the East for about the next 3 years. That's just about how long Lebron can be Lebron. And then the bottom will drop out.

    Lebron has played 41,272 minutes in his career, plus playoffs. If he plays about 2,700 minutes per season (75 games x 36 minutes/game per season), in three years he'll be at roughly 49,400 minutes in his career. For some perspective, Kobe played 48,637 minutes in his career. Only 5 guys in NBA history have topped 50,000 minutes: Abdul Jabbar, Karl Malone, Garnett, Kidd and Hayes. Given Lebron's body type and his playing style, once he goes much above 48,000, he's not going to age gracefully. When he goes, he's probably going to go quick. That's probably going to be about 3 years from now.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


    God, that was fun...

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    33,606

    Re: Basketball 2017

    Ka-CHING!!!!!!!!

    @WatchStadium: BREAKING: @HoustonRockets owner Leslie Alexander has sold the team to billionaire Tilman Fertitta for a record $2.2 billion. (via @soshnick) https://twitter.com/WatchStadium/sta...465984/photo/1

  5. #25
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    14,705

    Re: Basketball 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    If, for some reason, Lebron stays with the Cavs after this season, they will be the favorite in the East for about the next 3 years. That's just about how long Lebron can be Lebron. And then the bottom will drop out.

    Lebron has played 41,272 minutes in his career, plus playoffs. If he plays about 2,700 minutes per season (75 games x 36 minutes/game per season), in three years he'll be at roughly 49,400 minutes in his career. For some perspective, Kobe played 48,637 minutes in his career. Only 5 guys in NBA history have topped 50,000 minutes: Abdul Jabbar, Karl Malone, Garnett, Kidd and Hayes. Given Lebron's body type and his playing style, once he goes much above 48,000, he's not going to age gracefully. When he goes, he's probably going to go quick. That's probably going to be about 3 years from now.
    Yeah, I think he plays one more year in Cleveland, loses yet another championship series to Golden State, then decides to sign with someone like San Antonio out west to take them down with a better supporting cast. That leaves new look Celtics in the drivers seat to at least make the Finals and hope the Warriors and other teams start getting old or breaking up.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,251
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Ka-CHING!!!!!!!!

    @WatchStadium: BREAKING: @HoustonRockets owner Leslie Alexander has sold the team to billionaire Tilman Fertitta for a record $2.2 billion. (via @soshnick) https://twitter.com/WatchStadium/sta...465984/photo/1
    Next professional team heading to Vegas.

  7. #27
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,225
    The NBA governing board is meeting to vote on draft lottery reform. From what I understand, they're trying to reduce the incentive to tank the season, like the Sixers did in 2014.

  8. #28
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shouting it from the Chugach Mountains
    Posts
    17,637

    Re: Basketball 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    The NBA governing board is meeting to vote on draft lottery reform. From what I understand, they're trying to reduce the incentive to tank the season, like the Sixers did in 2014.
    Probably the most fair system out there is what's known in the NHL as the Gold Plan (as soon as you're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, you begin accumulating points toward the draft...the crappiest teams theoretically get eliminated first and have the most chances to accumulate points.)

    Although I like Bill Simmons' Entertaining as Hell Tournament (top 7 seeds per conference autoqualify for the playoffs, all other teams enter a single elimination tournament, conference vs. conference, conference winners in the tournament get the 8 seeds then play each other, winner gets the #1 pick in the draft.)
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: Drink It In, Maaaaaan.
    Twitter Goodness: Twitch_Boy

  9. #29
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    38,601

    Re: Basketball 2017

    tD has dis-invited tW to the white house
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  10. #30
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,225
    Melo to OKC.

  11. #31
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,225
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Melo to OKC.
    In return, the Knicks got Enes Kanter and some used gym socks.

  12. #32
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shouting it from the Chugach Mountains
    Posts
    17,637

    Re: Basketball 2017

    Dwyane Wade to the Cavs.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: Drink It In, Maaaaaan.
    Twitter Goodness: Twitch_Boy

  13. #33
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    17,989

    Re: Basketball 2017

    LOL: https://twitter.com/JaeAzizi/status/912887261699510272 (Note: click on the image to see full image.)

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  14. #34
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    24,293

    Re: Basketball 2017

    Lol is right. Quality stuff.

  15. #35
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Dwyane Wade to the Cavs.
    Now can Rose, Thomas, and Wade stay healthy?

  16. #36
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Probably the most fair system out there is what's known in the NHL as the Gold Plan (as soon as you're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, you begin accumulating points toward the draft...the crappiest teams theoretically get eliminated first and have the most chances to accumulate points.)

    Although I like Bill Simmons' Entertaining as Hell Tournament (top 7 seeds per conference autoqualify for the playoffs, all other teams enter a single elimination tournament, conference vs. conference, conference winners in the tournament get the 8 seeds then play each other, winner gets the #1 pick in the draft.)
    Draft lottery reform has passed.

  17. #37
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,225
    Silver: players expected to stand for anthem

    https://deadspin.com/nba-memo-warns-...ium=socialflow

  18. #38
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    24,293

    Re: Basketball 2017

    I don't think he's disliked by the players. But there's a really good way to **** off a lot of them.

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    33,606

    Re: Basketball 2017

    @royceyoung: Thunder announce hiring Rob Hennigan with title of VP of Insight & Foresight. Will Dawkins promoted to VP of Identification & Intelligence.

  20. #40
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,225
    Gordon Hayward: oh no.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •