Bemidji State Beavers 17-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bemidji State Beavers 17-18

Can the Beavers get back to top 10 nationally? Gained valuable experience last year, but lose an outstanding goaltender in Mowat. Nice recruiting class, but this league isn't an easy adjustment.

Re: Bemidji State Beavers 17-18

Should improve from last year even with the loss of Mowat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeydad55378 View Post
      Should improve from last year even with the loss of Mowat.
      Based on? Who is going to score? What do you see as your first two lines? Who will be the goaltender? Love the Beaver Town, but I want some insight!

Comment

Originally posted by pucklife View Post
        Can the Beavers get back to top 10 nationally? Gained valuable experience last year, but lose an outstanding goaltender in Mowat. Nice recruiting class, but this league isn't an easy adjustment.
        Not picking a fight here either, but what does gained valuable experience mean? Did the other WCHA teams take the year off last year or did everyone gain valuable experience? As far as their recruiting class in what context do you mean? Nice compared to Minnesota, UMD, Wisconsin or nice because you think you stole a couple girls? Just looking for a little context.
        Last edited by upfromtheminors; 08-22-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

They only lost 3 players from last year (not including tenders) so have a lot of returners who played in valuable situations last year. I don't know who they'll have on their top two lines but believe they have some nice options to go with their top scorer from last year. They have a large freshman class (9) including a couple of USA 18 players. Not sure how they'll compare to the other schools, but like the girls they brought in.

Comment

They only lost 3 players from last year (not including tenders) so have a lot of returners who played in valuable situations last year. I don't know who they'll have on their top two lines but believe they have some nice options to go with their top scorer from last year. They have a large freshman class (9) including a couple of USA 18 players. Not sure how they'll compare to the other schools, but like the girls they brought in.
            https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...70&action=view

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
              Based on? Who is going to score? What do you see as your first two lines? Who will be the goaltender? Love the Beaver Town, but I want some insight!
              They all can't be power houses like the Gophers and Badgers. I'm just saying, on paper they are bringing in more talent then they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeydad55378 View Post
                They all can't be power houses like the Gophers and Badgers. I'm just saying, on paper they are bringing in more talent then they lost.
                More power to you
                Beavers the last few years seem to have a really good atmosphere and togetherness on their team. Play hard and sound defensively. Got their two top scorers from last season coming back. Certainly going to miss Mowat, although I think she came back down to earth a little last year after being out of this world the year before. Is Erin Dieters going to be the main goaltender this year or will one of the freshman goalies get a lot of playing time?

I like Scanlon, I think he's done a good job.

-- And the Beavers beat the Gophers twice again last year but what else is new --

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                  Certainly going to miss Mowat, although I think she came back down to earth a little last year after being out of this world the year before.
                  I'd say that was more a product of the people who were no longer skating in front of her. Someone like Bilic alone can make a big difference in helping to keep the red light off.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I like your optimism, however I would not sell short the value of the seniors lost. Mowat won a lot of games in her four years. Miller was a top scorer and brought some grit. Hutchinson was a top D and quarterback of the PP. On top of that they lost two junior to be defenseman who opted to not come back. The blueline will be young and inexperienced. Some good recruits coming in, but as we all know it takes awhile to adjust to the speed/talent in the WCHA. To say, "only lost three players" may be a bit of an overstatement.

Comment

Solid performance by the Beavers. two goose eggs on the board and notched 5 on Saturday. Guess we'll find out what they're made of in the coming weeks: @ Clarkson, MN, @ WI and Duluth, ouch what a stretch.

Comment

Solid performance by the Beavers. two goose eggs on the board and notched 5 on Saturday. Guess we'll find out what they're made of in the coming weeks: @ Clarkson, MN, @ WI and Duluth, ouch what a stretch.
                        Ouch is right.......
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

The games will be web casted at 2pm your time on clarksonathletics.com. The link to the video will be on the schedule slider on the top of the page.

Is the Beaver Radio Network making the trip?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            The games will be web casted at 2pm your time on clarksonathletics.com. The link to the video will be on the schedule slider on the top of the page.

Is the Beaver Radio Network making the trip?
                            Yep, Kelly Schultz will be traveling with the team from what I have heard.
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Unfortunatley the Beavers were swept by Clarkson, but showed some grit with no quit. Gophers coming to B-town this weekend. Should be a competitive series and will be interesting to see how things shake out, I'm predicting a split.

Comment

Working...
                              X