Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bemidji State Beavers 17-18

Originally posted by pucklife View Post
    Unfortunatley the Beavers were swept by Clarkson, but showed some grit with no quit. Gophers coming to B-town this weekend. Should be a competitive series and will be interesting to see how things shake out, I'm predicting a split.
    I wonder if the Gophers will be overconfident

I agree this should be a very interesting series. Games are at 3:07 Friday and Saturday. Buy your streams at Stretch Internet for $7.95 a piece.

Comment

Local connections: Bemidji State hockey teams cull from regional talent

https://www.wday.com/sports/4342731-...egional-talent
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Kind of fun seeing Taylor Wente from the Gophers and Tina Kampa of the Beavers hanging on the ice together after the game. A couple of Maple Grove kids. Kampa is 5'0", gotta be some gumption in that kid.

Comment

"Fear the Beaver"

Comment

http://www.wday.com/sports/high-scho...-bemidji-state
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Beavers looked real solid against SCSU from the goalie out. This young team is really coming together and has shown much improvement the last couple of weeks. Big weekend coming up in B-town against a strong OSU team. I am predicting 2-1 & 3-2 wins for the Beavers.

Comment

Beavers looked real solid against SCSU from the goalie out. This young team is really coming together and has shown much improvement the last couple of weeks. Big weekend coming up in B-town against a strong OSU team. I am predicting 2-1 & 3-2 wins for the Beavers.
                Did look better, although it appears St. Cloud may have a firm hold of last place. They are the youngest team in DI women's hockey. This weekend versus OS will have a better indication if Bemidji can get up into the top four of the league. One thing is obvious in my early season assessment. DeGeorge can play. She may already be the best on this roster.

Comment

How'd that go? Even with an ailing Sauve OSU found a way to leave town with the $$$! Team is improving, but you need better goaltending for anyone to "Fear the Beaver"

Comment

I heard the Beavers were down 2 key forwards against Ohio? If that was true, not a bad showing against #5 in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscokid View Post
                      I heard the Beavers were down 2 key forwards against Ohio? If that was true, not a bad showing against #5 in the nation.
                      Sophomore Kiki Radke and Senior Summer Thibodeau were out of the lineup for the Beavers. Not high on the scoring charts, but definitely a loss from an experience standpoint.
                      Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 11-20-2017, 08:41 PM.
                      Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
                        How'd that go? Even with an ailing Sauve OSU found a way to leave town with the $$$! Team is improving, but you need better goaltending for anyone to "Fear the Beaver"
                        Easy to blame the goaltending, but not the whole story. Deters was solid on Friday night, especially in the shootout. Saturday was a different story, but had more to do with the lack of defensive zone coverage and odd man rushes. On more the one goal the goalie was hung out to dry. All four lines put up points which was a positive sign, however they need to take care of their own end if they want to be "feared".

OS has some top end talent and I will not be surprised if they finish #2 (sorry Gopher fans). Sauve was not at her best and if she is indeed still a little banged up that may explain why she gave up more goals then usual.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bladedskates View Post
                          Easy to blame the goaltending, but not the whole story. Deters was solid on Friday night, especially in the shootout. Saturday was a different story, but had more to do with the lack of defensive zone coverage and odd man rushes. On more the one goal the goalie was hung out to dry. All four lines put up points which was a positive sign, however they need to take care of their own end if they want to be "feared".

OS has some top end talent and I will not be surprised if they finish #2 (sorry Gopher fans). Sauve was not at her best and if she is indeed still a little banged up that may explain why she gave up more goals then usual.
                          When you go 6 rounds in a shootout and one goal is scored, I would say that both goalies did well. The Beavers have a solid team and may have pulled the upset if Radke and Thibodeau had been in the lineup. As for Sauve, she definitely looked like she was off and sounds like she was hurt in the Wisconsin series. Maybe she came back too early.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bladedskates View Post

Goalies get too much credit and too much blame. BSU has a stiffeling d that makes goalies look great. That said there were no D's for the shootout and she looked great, I don't see that as their weakness.

Given that OSU has two games up on MN they could easily finish 2nd unless they really are slipping in which case 3rd might slip away if things go way off.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if DeGeorge, Radke and Thibodeau are back for the Gopher series tonight and tomorrow. They sure could use those three this weekend.
                              Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Nice win, Beavers!
                                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Working...
                                X