X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2017-18

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
    i asked him on twitter what happened with RPI? Doubt i will get an answer but feel it is a fair question. I think Michigan picked up a player that was headed to Harvard recently also.I wonder if its grades or glamour and promises that sway these guys to reneg.
    It is a fair question, but ...

Edit: BTW, you posted the question on Hockey Commitment's tweet, not his own at https://***********/Aswank21/status/936336309584621568. He may not read that,
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-30-2017, 08:45 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not to mention, the kid's 16. Still a few years before becoming even college aged. Very few exceptions to the age necessities. (Pat Koudys comes to mind)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Considering the Big Roll-a-D20 has been vehemently against the verbal commit process, I have a feeling this is just the beginning.
        It's not just the beginning, but it is ramping up. IMO, a lot of these players will regret their change.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          It's not just the beginning, but it is ramping up.
          Beginning for us, at least.

Comment

There also was the problem here that Oakland, Michigan, where hs plays in Michigan territory and he probably heard a lot about UM daily.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Beginning for us, at least.
              I count Conger and "what's his name" who went to Harvard when SA came.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-30-2017, 09:03 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's not just the beginning, but it is ramping up. IMO, a lot of these players will regret their change.
                  I would bet some regret it badly already! Crazy times in college hockey recruiting. Decommits by players, over recruiting to protect from decommits by schools,schools parking players in juniors for years. schools decommitting from players. What a mess.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                      I would bet some regret it badly already! Crazy times in college hockey recruiting. Decommits by players, over recruiting to protect from decommits by schools,schools parking players in juniors for years. schools decommitting from players. What a mess.
                      Michigan, among others, has more than a full roster of future players on CH's list.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I count Conger and "what's his name" who went to Harvard when SA came.
                        Throw in Tuliara.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Obviously bad news, but I'm going to actually look at it in a positive light. A lot of the younger recruits (i.e. 16 year olds) of the previous coaching staff never really developed in my eyes. Some are still TBD as they haven't even gotten to campus yet. But in general, they never turned into top recruits.

This current staff had 3 (now 2) who were recruited as 16 YO (or younger) and look promising for sure. Clearly one kind of "popped" as he's now recruited to UM. The other 2 still have a LONG way to go, but again, promising as of now.

I had very little in expectations for the four players currently on the roster that this staff recruited. Picking up players at that late in the game is a massive crapshoot. Those players have all shown me things to varying degrees that I like, and I think all will have good careers at RPI. That's impressed me.

What I'm longwindedly trying to say is that I feel this staff has a decent eye for talent. Losing this player hurts, but I already have good faith that they'll be a good recruit to replace him in due time.

A positive second half to the season could go along way to making that happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Yes, it would. If I want to play hockey over the classroom this was a no-brainer. Kid has major upside to his game & the OHL is still not out of the question for him.
                            All true, but I don't have to like it. I've already forgotten his name ...
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Throw in Tuliara.
                              When someone signs him.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                                Obviously bad news, but I'm going to actually look at it in a positive light. A lot of the younger recruits (i.e. 16 year olds) of the previous coaching staff never really developed in my eyes. Some are still TBD as they haven't even gotten to campus yet. But in general, they never turned into top recruits.

This current staff had 3 (now 2) who were recruited as 16 YO (or younger) and look promising for sure. Clearly one kind of "popped" as he's now recruited to UM. The other 2 still have a LONG way to go, but again, promising as of now.

I had very little in expectations for the four players currently on the roster that this staff recruited. Picking up players at that late in the game is a massive crapshoot. Those players have all shown me things to varying degrees that I like, and I think all will have good careers at RPI. That's impressed me.

What I'm longwindedly trying to say is that I feel this staff has a decent eye for talent. Losing this player hurts, but I already have good faith that they'll be a good recruit to replace him in due time.

A positive second half to the season could go along way to making that happen.
                                My gut feeling is that Coach Smith did not expect all three of those players to show up. They all warrant full scholarships and my gut feeling is that we do not have three full scholarships among the forwards leaving in 2020. Clearly money can be rearranged, but that's my opinion.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X