Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Really enjoyed being there in person Saturday night. Got to chat with our former assistant coach Joe Exter and associate head coach Miller.
    We weren't expecting coach Miller to be back from assisting in the World Juniors but he drove straight up after arriving in Columbus. That's being dedicated and I'm sure glad we have him!
    Did you thank Joe for the six points and for his good work last year with Sean Romeo?

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
      Did you thank Joe for the six points and for his good work last year with Sean Romeo?
      He knows I appreciated him! LOL!
      BTW - up to 6th in USCHO poll and 5th in Pairwise & RPI!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        He knows I appreciated him! LOL!
        BTW - up to 6th in USCHO poll and 5th in Pairwise & RPI!
        Big series this weekend. They owe Penn State a beating after that debacle in Columbus. Going to have to be more discipline than they were last weekend at Michigan state.

Comment

Well big series for us starting tonight. We've been strong on the road but there's always so many little intangibles. How bad do we want it compared to Penn State, is everyone healthy?
          I just hope with the flu spreading like crazy now it doesn't hit the team like last year when Tanner brought it back from the Word Juniors and caused us a slump.

Comment

Well that was disappointing but I'll give Penn state that their goalie was on his game tonight.
            We had SO MANY opportunities and just couldn't tap it in or a half step away from the open net!
            Hopefully we get the split and reclaim 2nd place.
            On a side note I didn't mind seeing the weasels beat the rodents tonight. LOL!
            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-12-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Didnt seem like they were ready to play last night which is disappointing against a team right behind you in the standings and also a team that came into your building last month and dominated you. Need to split this series tonight.

Comment

That was a bad hit Moser took. He looked in serious difficulty going off the ice.

Comment

Well we popped the whiteheads tonight.
                  Good win but too costly in the injury department?

Comment

And where was Matt Miller this weekend?

Comment

That was a bad hit Moser took. He looked in serious difficulty going off the ice.
                      It did look bad from what I could see on TV. They have next weekend off so he has thirteen days to recover if it isn't too serious. I was certainly happy with last night's game and agree that the PSU goalie played very well on Friday. A split on the road is OK, but don't forget that is only their second road loss of the year. Home for the next four games against Michigan and MSU.

Now it's time to begin to address the looming elephant in the room. If they host a home, first round series in the B1G playoff where do they play the games? High school basketball for boys and girls and high school wrestling has the place booked in March. Natioinwide? OSU Ice Rink?

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                        Now it's time to begin to address the looming elephant in the room. If they host a home, first round series in the B1G playoff where do they play the games? High school basketball for boys and girls and high school wrestling has the place booked in March. Natioinwide? OSU Ice Rink?
                        I actually have an answer for the question.
                        I asked the same question over a week ago to the powers that be at the hockey office and was told a first round would be at the Schott, following weekends if need be would be at Nationwide.

Comment

that was very impressive last night. That might be the most complete game they have played on the road all year expect maybe the saturday night at Michigan. They are in a great position right now getting a week off to get healthy. Hopefully Moser isnt to seriously hurt. Did anyone hear what the injury to Jobst is? I thought Tommy looked very good as well last night. He looked comfortable moved well and handled the puck better than any Ohio State goalie i can remember in the last 20 years. Home for the next 4 against both Michigan schools it would be nice to keep the home cooking coming.

Comment

Most hockey programs don't tip their hand and give details on player injuries and OSU is no exception. You would have to know someone in the program to get specifics. I would hope not but Moser could very well have a broken leg from the difficulty he was in last night.
                            I feel a little guilty about him as before his injury I was commenting that at times he holds the puck along the boards too long allowing opponents to get to him and tie him up.
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-14-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Anybody hear anything on the extent of player injuries? I'm especially concerned about Moser.

Comment

Anybody hear anything on the extent of player injuries? I'm especially concerned about Moser.
                                Unless you can get into a practice we probably won't know until a week from tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X