Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Well the AD at OSU is a moron so short changing us on arena size wouldn't surprise me.
    When it comes to OSU's hockey programs, I have gotten used to seeing them get short-changed by the athletic department! Both programs badly need a new facility to stay competitive in their respective leagues where all the other schools have hockey-only facilities (only exception is Wisconsin's men play in the Kohl Center) and the athletic department continues to move other projects ahead of that.

Comment

Can't make tonight's game (nephew getting married) so I was there last night. They were a little bit rusty, but it was a win. Not surprising coming off time away to see some sloppy play from both sides.

The crowd wasn't bad at all - considering the competition from the football team. I think the announced attendance was about 3700. A win or tie tonight and they will finish the OOC part of the schedule undefeated. That certainly helps in the pairwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
        Can't make tonight's game (nephew getting married) so I was there last night. They were a little bit rusty, but it was a win. Not surprising coming off time away to see some sloppy play from both sides.

The crowd wasn't bad at all - considering the competition from the football team. I think the announced attendance was about 3700. A win or tie tonight and they will finish the OOC part of the schedule undefeated. That certainly helps in the pairwise.
        The box score said 3,609 for the attendance, IIRC, which is probably as good as could be expected when football is playing USC in a bowl game. A win tonight and an undefeated record in the non-conference would definitely help in the pairwise. I saw a couple of the interviews last night. The guys seem to realize they didn't play their best and that they need to step it up tonight. Enjoy your nephew's wedding!!

Comment

Yeah, they looked out of sync to me. Should have handled Niagara easily. Getting the winning goal with 7 seconds left was too close.
          I stayed until a bit after 8:00 then streamed it at home while watching the football game.

Comment

nice sweep. and the powerplay seemed to be working again. A good weekend.

Comment

Thought the officiating was a bit iffy at times but we got a convincing win.
              Now on to Michigan State. Anyone going up there?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                Thought the officiating was a bit iffy at times but we got a convincing win.
                Now on to Michigan State. Anyone going up there?
                Nice to see them take care of business like they should have. Im leaving friday morning for East Lansing.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  Nice to see them take care of business like they should have. Im leaving friday morning for East Lansing.
                  See you at the Saturday game.

Comment

Ohio State up to 6th in Pairwise & RPI rankings!

Comment

Very good win tonight but I got a shower between periods and came downstairs 32 seconds into the next period and we already had two more goals! AND I MISSED IT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Very good win tonight but I got a shower between periods and came downstairs 32 seconds into the next period and we already had two more goals! AND I MISSED IT!
                        Played a very good 30 minutes but took the foot off after that. Penalty kill was outstanding once again. Let's get a sweep tomorrow night.

Comment

Last nights win moved us up another spot in the Pairwise & RPI to 5th.

Comment

Not as easy as last night, but it's a win. Should be two good games out east next weekend.

Comment

It wasn't pretty but winning is all that matters. Getting the 6 points is what they came for and did. Have to cut out the stupid away from tb e play penalties Next week or Penn State will make them pay. Speaking of the nittany lions they are owed a beat down after taking 5 of 6 in Columbus.

Comment

Really enjoyed being there in person Saturday night. Got to chat with our former assistant coach Joe Exter and associate head coach Miller.
                                We weren't expecting coach Miller to be back from assisting in the World Juniors but he drove straight up after arriving in Columbus. That's being dedicated and I'm sure glad we have him!

Comment

Working...
                                X