Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Gee, I can see this thread has taken off in the couple of weeks I've been gone. If I yell "Hello" I can hear the echo!

Nice road win last night. I listened to the 3rd and it was very nice to see the PP get on the board last night. Romeo was solid again when called on. Lets see a sweep tonight.

Got the sweep and we controlled the game both nights. Tanner had the assist tonight on all 3 of our goals.
    Probably won't help much on the rankings yet.
    If anyone was streaming the game you would have heard the U Mass play by play guys pay us a very nice compliment, they said with some improvement they would not be surprised come March if we were a Frozen Four team. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Got the sweep and we controlled the game both nights. Tanner had the assist tonight on all 3 of our goals.
    Probably won't help much on the rankings yet.
    If anyone was streaming the game you would have heard the U Mass play by play guys pay us a very nice compliment, they said with some improvement they would not be surprised come March if we were a Frozen Four team. Thanks guys!
    This program has the talent to make a run in the NCAA Tournament. It's up to the players and coaches as to what kind of season they want to have. Hopefully they learned their lesson last season about overlooking teams they should have beaten and will come out focused every game.

If my memory is correct Robert Morris has never lost in the schott. That needs to end this Friday

Quote Originally Posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    If my memory is correct Robert Morris has never lost in the schott. That needs to end this Friday
    Sadly, you are correct on the first point and even more correct on the second point.

One other point - there are two, new, assistant coaches and I'm sure there is still a period of adjustment to that happening. Last weekend was promising, but that's all.
    Last edited by Draighlicht; 10-23-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draighlicht View Post
    One other point - there are two, new, assistant coaches and I'm sure there is still a period of adjustment to that happening. Last weekend was promising, but that's all.
    It's JB's dream job to be back coaching at Ohio State but Coach Miller I'm surprised we got him. With his experience and background he could be head coach most anywhere so I wonder how long we'll have him?

Story on OSU junior center Mason Jobst:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big...ruins-penguins

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Story on OSU junior center Mason Jobst:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big...ruins-penguins
    Thanks! Appreciate this.

That was a pleasant surprise last night, winning 5-3. A good friend and his son were in town from North Carolina for the football game today so I took them to the hockey game last night and warned them how poorly OSU usually plays against Robert Morris at home. I didn't like being so correct after the guys fell behind 2-0. Glad it's the final score that counts. Nice recovery from the poor start. Need to start better in PGH tonight, but need the final score to be in our favor as well.

Nice come back win last night now 5 straight without a loss. Getting scoring from a lot of people right now that is going to be key going forward. Pk was great once again. Going for the sweep on the road tonight lets get it.

It's early in the season yet but it's nice to see Ohio State shows the best overall record so far for the B1G teams but it will get interesting fast this weekend with Notre Dame coming to town for a pair of conference games!
    We also moved up to #16 in the rankings this week.

It's early in the season yet but it's nice to see Ohio State shows the best overall record so far for the B1G teams but it will get interesting fast this weekend with Notre Dame coming to town for a pair of conference games!
    We also moved up to #16 in the rankings this week.
    more importantly the guys sit at #12 in the pairwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Draighlicht View Post
    more importantly the guys sit at #12 in the pairwise.
    I didn't comment on the pairwise because it's so early yet but yeah, always nice to see good numbers even though 5 months yet until it really matters.
    And how about those lady Buckeyes at #2 Pairwise & #4 in the other polls?

I didn't comment on the pairwise because it's so early yet but yeah, always nice to see good numbers even though 5 months yet until it really matters.
    And how about those lady Buckeyes at #2 Pairwise & #4 in the other polls?
    It might be early to look at the pairwise but a win or 2 this weekend will look nice later in the year
    Last edited by klbaum1077; 11-01-2017 at 09:33 PM.

I've been following the team for a while. Wondering what happened to Miquel Fidler? Can someone post some info. Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Umie77 View Post
    I've been following the team for a while. Wondering what happened to Miquel Fidler? Can someone post some info. Thanks !
    unspecified injury.

Not the way they wanted this weekend to go. Getting swept at home in conference is never good only scoring 3 goals on the weekend is never good. 4-42 on the PP is awful. To many breakdowns leading to goals for Notre Dame. To much playing with the puck on the PP from what i saw this weekend. They are trying to make the pretty play instead of getting the puck to the net and making things happen. Romeo was pretty decent for the most part couple soft goals on Saturday i thought. Unfortunate bounce cost Jobst the tying goal last night. On to Uconn to get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Unfortunate bounce cost Jobst the tying goal last night. On to Uconn to get back on track.
    It got really exciting those last several minutes. I was on top of that side of the net when Jobst didn't get the tying goal with 1.5 left on the clock but I didn't see a bounce, I say he mistimed the shot and from his reaction afterwards he knew it and was pretty ticked at himself. Hope he isn't too hard on himself but these things happen.

Proud New Englander living in Ohio.

Whelp... It was a tough weekend across the board for OSU athletics. But hey, look at the bright side. Our basketball team beat a DIII school today!
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018

OSU '18

Thread Information