No announcement yet.

Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win last night and props to both coaching staffs for keeping the extra curricular to a minimum. I was kind of expecting the worst after Friday night's ending.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
      Great win last night and props to both coaching staffs for keeping the extra curricular to a minimum. I was kind of expecting the worst after Friday night's ending.
      Much better than Friday night from start to finish. I was happy nothing came from that stuff from friday night. Ohio State cant afford to have guys getting into that stuff and risk getting suspended. On to Sparty and hope they learn from that last game against them. If they dont play well Michigan State will beat them.

Comment

You may have noticed Hein did not return to the bench after the hit he took. Heard he needed extra evaluation but hopefully he'll be good to go next weekend. I would have thought the kid paid lifetime dues for the injury he took last year against Michigan!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          You may have noticed Hein did not return to the bench after the hit he took. Heard he needed extra evaluation but hopefully he'll be good to go next weekend. I would have thought the kid paid lifetime dues for the injury he took last year against Michigan!
          I noticed he wasnt in the game during the 3rd period but dont remember the hit he took

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            I noticed he wasnt in the game during the 3rd period but dont remember the hit he took
            It looked like he went into the post by the bench.

Comment

You know I've been following with some interest the threads of the Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan fans and their laments on how their traditionally dominate programs have in their minds, fallen off the map this season.
              Having a taste this season on riding high I can understand their frustrations but they don't know frustration like we do when it comes to their hockey teams. Instead of having a program that should have been able to compete successfully and consistently against them years ago we were victims of our own Athletic Department in their neglect and ignorance of managing the hockey program for decades!
              Now that we have a coaching staff and players that can get the job done I don't foresee us returning to the shadows of the hockey world to emerge briefly on occasion to be eliminated quickly in the NCAA tournament. No, I think the statement of this season no matter how far we progress in the playoffs has been made and look out Big Ten teams, if you want to succeed you'll have to get by us first!
              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-25-2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Hockeybuckeye, I agree totally. Not only has Coach Steve Rohlik brought in talented players, he has also changed the culture here. I honestly think this team can make a run in the NCAA Tournament. They certainly have the talent and intangibles to do so. I know this is the guys' forum, but I would say the same thing about our women's program. Coach Nadine Muzerall has completely changed the culture with that program, and they definitely have talent. I cannot wait to see how our programs do when they have their own facility. Back to your last sentence, both of our hockey teams (men's and women's) will definitely be a tough out in the tournaments (conference & NCAA). It's been a great hockey season for Buckeye fans this year, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  Back to your last sentence, both of our hockey teams (men's and women's) will definitely be a tough out in the tournaments (conference & NCAA). It's been a great hockey season for Buckeye fans this year, that's for sure!
                  I could not believe our luck in the hiring of Associate Head Coach Steve Miller for the men's and Associate Head Coach Peter Elander for the women's team.
                  Coach Miller has national titles under his belt and has assisted the past 2 years in the World Juniors and Coach Elander was on the bench at the Olympics for Team USA!
                  I don't know how long they will stay with us but the contributions they've both made have been monumental this season. I hope and pray they will be here for many seasons to come!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    I could not believe our luck in the hiring of Associate Head Coach Steve Miller for the men's and Associate Head Coach Peter Elander for the women's team.
                    Coach Miller has national titles under his belt and has assisted the past 2 years in the World Juniors and Coach Elander was on the bench at the Olympics for Team USA!
                    I don't know how long they will stay with us but the contributions they've both made have been monumental this season. I hope and pray they will be here for many seasons to come!
                    Miller is the biggest reason this team has been so much better

Comment

Miller is the biggest reason this team has been so much better
                      He's the reason we have defense and the best PP kill. Many of the parents complained in previous seasons that our coaching staff hardly focused on defense. Yes, we've always been able to score goals but without good defense you have to score a lot more than you otherwise would have to and the extra effort does wear on a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        He's the reason we have defense and the best PP kill. Many of the parents complained in previous seasons that our coaching staff hardly focused on defense. Yes, we've always been able to score goals but without good defense you have to score a lot more than you otherwise would have to and the extra effort does wear on a team.
                        The defense is what i was refering to

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Actually, Coach Elander was not on the bench at the Olympics for Team USA. I understand where the confusion comes from, though, because he personally worked with the Lamoureux twins and others when he was the associate head coach at UND, and Jocelyne Lamoureux made it a point to mention his name when asked about her game-winning shootout move in the Gold Medal Game, but he was not in PyeongChang with Team USA. Torg and Elliott made the same mistake the other day on QFM 96 when they were interviewing him and he corrected them. I completely agree with you that both are great assistants and I certainly hope both are here for a long time!

Comment

Agree on Steve Miller being an upgrade when it comes to defense and penalty kill. There's one more facet that will begin appearing next year, his connections in the BCHL and western Canada. We haven't recruited that league since shortly after John Markell left the program. Coach Miller has all kinds of good connections out there and a couple guys will be in next season and a couple more good ones are in the pipeline.

I also think JB Bittner is adding to this program, spreading his all out attitude. Every time Mason Jobst blocked another shot against Miichigan a couple of series ago I kept thinking of JB and the CCHA tourney OSU won.

I still have one big question remaining regarding the NCAA tournament. I am still trying to decide whether the B1G has some phenomenal goaltenders this season or whether it's a group of teams that sometimes have trouble scoring. If it's great goaltending than it wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of B1G teams in the frozen four (and I have a favorite).

This season has been a big step forward for both the men and the women. For the first time in my life I can let the thought of one or both of them winning a national title and not having to correct myself a couple seconds later for being dumb as a rock.

Keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              Actually, Coach Elander was not on the bench at the Olympics for Team USA. I understand where the confusion comes from, though, because he personally worked with the Lamoureux twins and others when he was the associate head coach at UND, and Jocelyne Lamoureux made it a point to mention his name when asked about her game-winning shootout move in the Gold Medal Game, but he was not in PyeongChang with Team USA. Torg and Elliott made the same mistake the other day on QFM 96 when they were interviewing him and he corrected them. I completely agree with you that both are great assistants and I certainly hope both are here for a long time!
                              Yeah, I actually knew that plus I was chatting with Coach Elander the other day. Don't know where my brain was going with that one, these "senior moments" are really starting to tick me off with how often they happen anymore!

Comment

The defense is what i was refering to
                                I assumed as much!

Comment

Working...
                                X