X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Good story; thanks for posting.

In similar vein, I was driving around the other day with an Oldies station on the radio. Hang On Sloopy (McCoys version) came on. I believe I can say with complete confidence that the DJ at Sirius/XM did NOT have OSU Hockey in mind when he made the selection. But it hit me like a ton of bricks how cool it would be to hear the Pep Band playing Hang On Sloopy & Carmen Ohio at the X, celebrating Buckeye wins.

We'll see. We are an underdog. Heck, I don't even know for sure that the Pep Band is making the trip. But it sure was a nice thought. Go Bucks!
    My understanding from a tweet I saw is that the band is going. So that's a good thing.

Still recovering from back surgery here and my doctor absolutely nixed the trip so I will be glued to the TV. I'm not so sure I trust his opinion on this since he and his son are using the tickets I got from OSU. Have several friends from this area (southwest Ohio) making the trip and two good friends from L.A. who are flying there today. Not sure much will be left standing with that group in attendance.

Comment

I'm so jealous of all those going!!! I'll be in Minneapolis for work in 3 weeks and wish it crossed over. As it stands, I am working a massive event this weekend and will be off of work at 5:30 tomorrow and 7 pm on Saturday.

Has anyone seen merch other than the shirt with all 4 teams and then the 2 on the OSU site? I have a hard time buying a shirt with a block M on it

Comment

Originally posted by todtfather View Post
        Anyway, sitting at my desk today it's a surreal thought for this team to be back where they were when they motivated my family to get involved with it in the first place. There's no real point to this post other than I'm pretty darn excited for tomorrow and no one here at work cares. =)

Go Bucks!
        If that's the way they are at your work you should give them some Ohio State attitude about something they would care about. How about reminding them where Urban Meyers coaches these days!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          Yea that's what I'm counting on although I'll admit that I'm a little leery playing you again. We need to get by rudy first though.
          Yeah, you guys will need to get by Notre Dame first, just like we need to concern ourselves with UMD tomorrow before we can think about Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by todtfather View Post
            I remember watching the 1998 Frozen Four on TV knowing very little about hockey as a 13 year old growing up in deep Southern Ohio. My Dad and I watched the game and the next year he purchased season tickets with my sister moving to Reynoldsburg there was a place for us to stay for the Friday night on a weekend series avoiding an extra 2 hour drive. For 13 years we would make the 2 hour drive every weekend and Ohio State hockey quickly became the epicenter of my sports world. He stopped renewing the tickets when I moved to Orlando (Try getting a sports bar here to put on college hockey!!!)...

Anyway, sitting at my desk today it's a surreal thought for this team to be back where they were when they motivated my family to get involved with it in the first place. There's no real point to this post other than I'm pretty darn excited for tomorrow and no one here at work cares. =)

Go Bucks!
            Great story, thanks for sharing that! My OSU Hockey fandom began my freshman year (1982-83) watching guys like Jamie Macoun and the Pooley Brothers in the OSU Ice Rink. I had a good seat in the corner, playing in the OSU Athletic Band. I got to see some great teams and great games, as well as watching us win the Ohio Cup a couple times. I have been a big OSU Hockey fan ever since, and these days I am as big a fan of the Women's Program as I am the Men's. Actually, truth be known, I am probably a bigger fan of the Women's Team as I spent my coin going to their NCAA Tournament Games this season and sat home watching on tv for the Men's games, but I love the guys, too. You used the word 'surreal' in describing the guys being in the Frozen Four. To me, it is so surreal that both of our programs went to the Frozen Four this season. That has only happened with three other schools (Boston College, Minnesota, Wisconsin). With the CBJ on the verge of their second playoff berth in a row (first time that has happened in franchise history), it has been an amazing hockey season here in central Ohio!
            Last edited by osualum86; 04-04-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Gameday! Go bucks!!

Comment

Great season, but what a disappointing end. 55 minutes wasn't good enough in this one, and our team should have known that. When you get to this point, you have to bring it for the full 60. Our guys didn't show up for the first five minutes, and that was the game. Dang, I thought we had a legit shot at winning it all this weekend, but you can't take five minutes off at the beginning of the game when you get to this point. We blew the BIG Ten Title game when we didn't show up in the first period of that one and unfortunately, it doesn't appear we learned from it. Oh well. Turn in the equipment, watch someone else win it Saturday, then come back hungrier next year and finish the job.

Comment

Well you can't have a 1st period like that and expect different and shades of Michigan Tech, broken stick at the worst possible moment!
                  I feel terrible for my friend John Becker. John was alternate captain on our very first team in 1963. You have no idea what he went through to get a flight to St.Paul for Saturday if we made it to the championship game. I was going to pick him up at the airport, go to the game with him and drive him back to Columbus. He's been waiting 54 years for us to play for the title and talking to him on the phone after the game the deep sadness and disappointment he had was just heartbreaking to me!

Comment

Disappointing end for sure, especially after the way we played after the first five minutes. Can't be disappointed in this team though. To be able to see a Frozen Four team in my final year of college was awesome, and after all the pieces we lost last season, way more than I expected. Our team is still relatively young, so the future is still bright for us I think. After where we were a few years ago, it's definitely a great time to be a Buckeye!
                    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Good run!
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                        Disappointing end for sure, especially after the way we played after the first five minutes.
                        Honestly after watching the Buckeyes during the season I was shocked at their very poor start to tonight's game. I don't know if it was nerves, lack of preparation or just how good UMD played in the opening minutes, or some combination of all three. Whatever, your team had a great season and is to be congratulated.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

What a ride i have had this year chasing Ohio State Hockey around. That ride and journey came to a end this evening in St. Paul at the Frozen Four. When the season started in October i couldn't have imagined a trip to the Big Ten Title game and especially a trip to St. Paul to see them 2 wins away from the ultimate team goal a National Championship. The dream ended without a title but i cant be more proud a team that wasnt expected to be that good when the year started. Thank you very much Ohio State Hockey for taking me on a wonderful ride. See you in October when you start the road to Buffalo to finish what you started this year!

Comment

Absolute prevaledge to watch OSU, they are a fun team to watch.. my recap has a quote from Rohlik on the state of OSU Hockey Men and Women's

Columbus Hockey fans now have three great teams to watch
                            Recap of game one
                            https://seamoresports.com/2018/04/05...e-frozen-four/
                            Recap of game 2
                            https://seamoresports.com/2018/04/06...-in-the-final/

Comment

Congrats guys, on an awesome season, but losing to UMD??? Come on. Well, my team didn't even make the tourney, and should have been the team to keep UMD out of the tourney in the first place, so I can't be too angry with you guys? Welll, can't wait for next season!!

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                                Congrats guys, on an awesome season, but losing to UMD??? Come on. Well, my team didn't even make the tourney, and should have been the team to keep UMD out of the tourney in the first place, so I can't be too angry with you guys? Welll, can't wait for next season!!
                                UMD did get one of their goals when one of our D men had a broken stick. If not for that it may have gone to OT again like last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X