X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Spam...
    Don't worry UMICH, your team will get their chance for some payback down here in January unlike your football team who has to wait a whole year.

Comment

Great weekend of hockey! They havent played a complete game like that in a while. Romeo's save on the first shift of the game set the tone and then getting that second goal so quick broke Michigan's back i think. They werent the same until they got that 5 on 3 in the 3rd but again the PK came up huge. This team is so unselfish throwing bodies infront of pucks to block shots at all cost this nice to see. They are getting goals from unlikely sources as well which is another sign of a good team. On to Penn State now they have to follow up this weekend with another good one or this weekend meant nothing.

Comment

And don't forget Lampasso getting two goals in a game has never happened before either!
        Must be the new haircut.

Comment

We have a big series vs Penn State this weekend, so let's get this thread back on the first page of the forum! Go Bucks! For those who are not aware (not sure if someone already posted this or not), but the Saturday game this weekend has been moved up to a 4:00 start so everyone can get home and watch OSU Football take on Wisconsin in the BIG Ten Title Game. Friday's game is at 7:00 as originally scheduled.

Comment

Another weekend sweep would do us well in the polls but sweeping at home should be expected of any team if they feel they can go all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              We have a big series vs Penn State this weekend, so let's get this thread back on the first page of the forum! Go Bucks! For those who are not aware (not sure if someone already posted this or not), but the Saturday game this weekend has been moved up to a 4:00 start so everyone can get home and watch OSU Football take on Wisconsin in the BIG Ten Title Game. Friday's game is at 7:00 as originally scheduled.
              I am interested in seeing how they come out this weekend after the big sweep last week on the road. For some reason they have struggled at home the last 2 years. They need to back up that sweep last weekend with another good weekend of hockey this week.

Comment

Wild game with a ton of swings in it. I had to listen this weekend but from what i could gather they didnt do enough of the little things to finish this game off. Still winless at home in conference play that needs to change tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  Wild game with a ton of swings in it. I had to listen this weekend but from what i could gather they didnt do enough of the little things to finish this game off. Still winless at home in conference play that needs to change tomorrow afternoon.
                  Well our passing and clearing were lacking tonight but we did come through when we needed to but the officiating doomed us tonight. Penn State's first goal looked to be deflected in by a high stick. They reviewed a LONG time but ruled a goal, most likely because they did not have a good enough camera view to see it conclusively.
                  When PS pulled the goalie and got the tying goal I swore the green light came on and clock was at zero before the puck went in but after another LONG review they ruled a goal causing OT.
                  We were called for a hold and we had a break away shorthanded and they called offsides on us and I say we weren't. Couldn't get the shootout win but I say if not for the zebra's tonight we would have won. It's not sour grapes, just how I saw it.
                  The one thing I want to know is when we have a good chance of getting an empty net we aren't trying to get that insurance goal. Are we just screwing up or is it possible coach doesn't want them to try and risk an icing? We had definite opportunities to get that empty net goal and seal the win.
                  Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-01-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    The one thing I want to know is when we have a good chance of getting an empty net we aren't trying to get that insurance goal. Are we just screwing up or is it possible coach doesn't want them to try and risk an icing? We had definite opportunities to get that empty net goal and seal the win.
                    I don't have any firsthand knowledge of what's being said at practices or in the room. But I'm guessing it's almost a matter of dogma not to risk the icing -- just as it is for the large majority of hockey coaches.

That said, there's merit to what you're saying. Personally I'd like to see some situational adjustments. As one example, if we're owning the opponent in face-off circle, why not be more aggressive in going for the empty net? On the other hand, if we're getting killed on face-offs, then I'd avoid the icing at almost all costs.

I don't think our guys are being significantly more timid about shooting at the empty net than other clubs. So my comment is directed more to the sport as a whole, not just the Buckeyes...

Comment

Disappointed to see Laczynski didn't make the World Junior roster this year. In other news Layton Ahac from the BCHL has committed to OSU for next year.
                      Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                      University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Great game at the Schott tonight. The best part was the way the team maintained it's composure after losing the lead late in third.

Think back to past seasons. Slender lead over a highly ranked team. Give up the tying goal. Shoulders sag. A few minutes later, give up the GWG. We've seen that scenario all too many times over the years.

But not this time. The Buckeyes picked themselves right up, and made a play to win it in OT. VERY nice to see that response to the adversity.

Comment

I was happy that the Buckeyes got the three points, but it seemed like they tried to sit on the lead and it almost cost them. As you said, though, Pgb, good recovery to win it in OT and get the three points. I would love to see us come out and sweep tomorrow night, but maybe that is asking too much against a team like Minnesota.

Comment

I'd expect that the Gophers will come out with a little more desperation on Saturday. As such, another strong goalie performance looks to be vital for the Buckeyes. But get that, and I believe the Buckeyes have a great chance to earn the sweep.

Comment

Get the sweep boys
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                                I was happy that the Buckeyes got the three points, but it seemed like they tried to sit on the lead and it almost cost them. As you said, though, Pgb, good recovery to win it in OT and get the three points. I would love to see us come out and sweep tomorrow night, but maybe that is asking too much against a team like Minnesota.
                                I thought they say back way to much with that 1 goal lead but once again the resilience of This team comes out. Let's get a sweep And feel good going to the break.

Comment

Working...
                                X