Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Heard some good news from a very reliable source that all guys that can return will return form 18-19 season.
    funny what sniffing a championship will do.

Comment

Laczynski made it official today. Coming back for his junior year.

Comment

BG is back on the schedule oct 26 at home and 27 at BG. ASU trip is oct 12 and 13

Comment

We really need to rotate BG and Miami onto the schedule. Have a series with each in alternate years. Plus, I'd like to chip away at that 14 game lead that Miami now has in the series. Amazing that we held the series lead going into the mid 2000s before the Lost Decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
            We really need to rotate BG and Miami onto the schedule. Have a series with each in alternate years. Plus, I'd like to chip away at that 14 game lead that Miami now has in the series. Amazing that we held the series lead going into the mid 2000s before the Lost Decade.
            I really think they should play each every year but Miami isnt playing either next year. That 14 game lead is unbelievable as you said ohio state had the lead in the early 2000's

Comment

I really think they should play each every year but Miami isnt playing either next year. That 14 game lead is unbelievable as you said ohio state had the lead in the early 2000's
              What happened to all the Miami fans on here? I don't think they even had a season thread up. I guess they aren't quite the "hockey school" that they crowed about being when things were going good. Ohio State hockey fans might not be huge in number, but we have stuck with this program through the good, the bad and the ugly. I think the same can be said for BG.

Comment

What happened to all the Miami fans on here? I don't think they even had a season thread up. I guess they aren't quite the "hockey school" that they crowed about being when things were going good. Ohio State hockey fans might not be huge in number, but we have stuck with this program through the good, the bad and the ugly. I think the same can be said for BG.
                They sure have disappeared when the going got rough. I said it at the time and i will stick by it they should have joined the Wcha instead of the NCHC.

Comment

They sure have disappeared when the going got rough. I said it at the time and i will stick by it they should have joined the Wcha instead of the NCHC.
                  several years of finishing at or near the bottom of your league will do that to a fan base. Another problem is that Western Michigan is the only away site that you can drive to in a reasonable amount of time (no OSU, BG or Notre Dame) from Oxford. I also noticed that they replaced the assistant coaches for next season.

They still get good crowds for home games so I think this is more of a temporary thing. Still, I'm enjoying the quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                    several years of finishing at or near the bottom of your league will do that to a fan base. Another problem is that Western Michigan is the only away site that you can drive to in a reasonable amount of time (no OSU, BG or Notre Dame) from Oxford. I also noticed that they replaced the assistant coaches for next season.

They still get good crowds for home games so I think this is more of a temporary thing. Still, I'm enjoying the quiet.
                    I don't miss them. I've never seen a fanbase come out of a history of mediocrity, see a little bit of success and start acting like they're one of the sport's bluebloods. What was the infamous headline in their school paper? College Hockey's Newest Dynasty! Essentially, they had a nice ten year run with three regular conference championships, no national championship and an epic choke job in an NCAA final. A top 10 program for a decade that's seemingly drifted back to their historical norm. Next year's recruits will have been in elementary school the last time Miami was nationally relevant.

As for can they bounce back? I'm not sure. It would seem that ten year run had a lot more to do with Bergeron than Rico, and they mortgaged the farm to give Rico a long term deal when he was a hot commodity. I'm not sure a broke *** athletic department that takes tens of millions in subsidies can afford the buyout and the money to bring in a hot new coach to rebuild the program. Given the league they play in, I think they're going to drift in the wilderness for awhile.

Given our history of watching the program sink back after the Pooley Brother years and then again after the Boisvert to Umberger years, I don't take anything for granted. Love the successful periods but don't think they're our birthright and stick with the team through the down periods.

Comment

Yeah...the 2000's were not a great for BG either, but thankfully both our programs are doing better . I'm excited that we are playing each other again, they've always been exciting games to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by bghockeyfan View Post
                        Yeah...the 2000's were not a great for BG either, but thankfully both our programs are doing better . I'm excited that we are playing each other again, they've always been exciting games to watch!
                        I'm looking forward to a Saturday night in Bowling Green this fall.

Comment

full schedule is out at the Official site.

OOC games with Arizona State, Bowling Green, Colgate, UMass and Mercyhurst.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                            full schedule is out at the Official site.

OOC games with Arizona State, Bowling Green, Colgate, UMass and Mercyhurst.
                            Surprised its Penn State and not Michigan coming to town during Michigan week. What are the chances its a Friday/Sunday series and not play on the Game Day

Comment

Carson Meyer is trying to get out of his one-year transfer suspension to Ohio State by blaming his transfer on Miami's bad cooking & subsequent tapeworm.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                                Miami fans still discuss the program at MiamiHawkTalk. As an alum, but one who posts here primarily about UNH (my home state) I don't ever recall a large Miami contingent here - and I also discuss Miami on the other site much more than I do here.

I can't speak to Miami fans invading OSU threads as I never venture in OSU conversations much myself - but rest assured plenty of people still discuss Miami hockey on the internet...

So I'm sure they'll back when things turn around or the series resumes! #winkwink

---

The Meyer situation is disappointing (and gross). He can really play. It's disappointing to hear his side, indicating that Miami may simply not have believed him (because certain tests were negative) - and made that known. I hope he does well and that this doesn't shift recruiting success in Columbus back to OSU...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X