Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou five-hole Romeo?
    -Princeton

Comment

A 4-2 win and they move one. A lack of concentration at the end that didn't really matter. It will against Denver. It would have been nice to take advantage of the five minute major so there are a couple of teaching moments for tomorrow morning.

Comment

Psyched to get the win. I only managed to catch the last four minutes while I was at work (when we let those two goals in haha). Other than that how did we look? With a 4-0 lead I'd imagine pretty good.
        Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
        University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
          A 4-2 win and they move one. A lack of concentration at the end that didn't really matter. It will against Denver.
          Exactly correct. 60 minutes will be required; not just 59.

It would have been nice to take advantage of the five minute major so there are a couple of teaching moments for tomorrow morning.
          Again very true.

At the same time, they did some things very well today. I especially liked the "keep away" tactic during the delayed penalty -- successfully completing our PK and giving us virtually the whole two minutes on the ensuing PP. Not sure if that was good coaching or high hockey IQ. I'd like to believe some of both.

Comment

Gonna be a great game tomorrow. You guys having Steve "Killer" Miller makes me jealous. He's a great assistant and an even better guy. Had many interactions with him when he was at Denver.

Congrats on the win today. Let's hope for a great one tomorrow. At least tickets should be easy to find for Ohio St. fans...
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

pretty dominate 59 minutes this afternoon. Going to need all 60 tomorrow. Having seen them for the first time in person Denver is the best team i have seen all year long. They are fast fast and fast. Going to be a great game. One more for St. Paul!

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                pretty dominate 59 minutes this afternoon. Going to need all 60 tomorrow. Having seen them for the first time in person Denver is the best team i have seen all year long. They are fast fast and fast. Going to be a great game. One more for St. Paul!
                Been watching all season...only went to a couple games in person this season (a toddler and an infant don't help), they were faster tonight than I had seen all season. It's is if they've found an extra gear that didn't exist before.
                Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                  Psyched to get the win.
                  Amen. Very nice to get an NCAA win.

I only managed to catch the last four minutes while I was at work (when we let those two goals in haha). Other than that how did we look? With a 4-0 lead I'd imagine pretty good.
                  Yup. We neutralized a potent Princeton offense, including the nation's most productive power play. Can't say the Buckeye offense dominated for the full game; we seemed a little flat for a few stretches. But when all was said and done, more than enough scoring chances had been created, and we converted our share.

Nifty shot by Mason Jobst to bag the vital first goal. Sean Romeo looked very comfortable in the net. Tour-de-force game for Dakota Joshua. Overall, a very good day.

Comment

I thought we played a good game for the most part. I didn't like squandering the five-minute major, nor did I like the way we finished the game. We completely lost focus at the end and let in two goals we had no business letting in. Gonna need to play the full 60 tomorrow, not 58 or 59. On the positive side, it was nice to get our first NCAA Tournament win since the Frozen Four year in 1998. Should be interesting tomorrow.

Comment

Congrats you hockey nuts! Good luck tomorrow.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Party like it's 1998.

Comment

Fantastic game tonight guys.
                          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Still not sure this is real. What game ahut down Denver all night long. On to St. Paul cant wait for a week to go buy.

Comment

Saw you on tv, Klbuam1077!!! Good thing you were there instead of watching on tv like some of us back home! The announcers on ESPNU were pro-Denver all the way, totally disrespected Ohio State for most of the game. My OSU diss-meter totally maxed out on that broadcast. Freezing cold take of the day ... "This is shocking considering the level of competition." Yeah, it's always shocking when a 1-seed beats a 2-seed on neutral ice in a regional final. I guess I should be used to that, though. No one respected our women's team either when they made the Frozen Four. I am stoked. If we play like we did in the regional, we will be a tough out in the Frozen Four.

Comment

Working...
                                X