Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

All the BEST to Sean Romeo and Ohio State in the Frozen 4..!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      I'd say Michigan may have something to say about ND before us.
      Actually it's a hard call, if we get past Duluth do we want Notre Dame who squeaked by us in the conference championship and deserves some payback or Michigan who simply put is our greatest rival school?
      I would much rather play ND in this case. I cannot imagine trying to beat Michigan six times in one season, especially considering we barely beat them in Columbus (notice I didn't say "at home" because that wasn't really a "home" game) last time we played them. I would rather play ND and have the revenge factor against them after the OT loss there in the BIG Ten Title Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I'd say Michigan may have something to say about ND before us.
        Actually it's a hard call, if we get past Duluth do we want Notre Dame who squeaked by us in the conference championship and deserves some payback or Michigan who simply put is our greatest rival school?
        E$PN wants Bo v Woody.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          I would much rather play ND in this case. I cannot imagine trying to beat Michigan six times in one season, especially considering we barely beat them in Columbus (notice I didn't say "at home" because that wasn't really a "home" game) last time we played them. I would rather play ND and have the revenge factor against them after the OT loss there in the BIG Ten Title Game.
          I agree that it seems nearly impossible to Michigan a SIXTH time in one season. But man wouldn't beating them to win the Nati be about as great as it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckBucks View Post
            I agree that it seems nearly impossible to Michigan a SIXTH time in one season. But man wouldn't beating them to win the Nati be about as great as it could be.
            If things don't go that way we'll just have to wait until football for the next big streak win over them.

Comment

I agree. Beating a good team six times is enough of a challenge. The other reason is that I think Michigan is simply playing better hockey than ND right now. ND isn't the dominating force they were the first half of the season, and Morris doesn't seem as untouchable as he did earlier in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                I agree. Beating a good team six times is enough of a challenge. The other reason is that I think Michigan is simply playing better hockey than ND right now. ND isn't the dominating force they were the first half of the season, and Morris doesn't seem as untouchable as he did earlier in the season.
                Another factor in this is if we are in the title game (let's not get ahead of ourselves here and overlook UMD) and do not win it, I would rather lose to ND than to lose to Michigan and have UM fans be able to say, "Yeah, we went 1-5 against you guys, but we won the most important one." Let's beat the Bulldogs first, then turn our sights to whoever wins the other game.

Comment

It's #BeatDuluth week! Go Bucks!

Comment

Could use some help. The local WHKY families want to join the FF Buckeye crowd. Anybody know what Sections the block Buckeye ticket packages are located? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pens4 View Post
                      Could use some help. The local WHKY families want to join the FF Buckeye crowd. Anybody know what Sections the block Buckeye ticket packages are located? Thanks!
                      Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey
                      According to the championship manual, the reserved sections are 113/114 and 216, sections 119/120 and 222, sections 101/126 and 201/202, and sections 106/107 and 206/207. Seed 1 gets the corners behind the bench they will use, seed 2 the corner behind the other team bench and seeds 3 and 4 the corners opposite their team's bench. Based on this, if Notre Dame uses the Wild bench, they should be 119/120, OSU should be 113/114, UM should be101/126 and UMD should be 106/107. But according to the manual though, locker room and bench selections are to be determined. For some reason I seem to remember that in 2011, Notre Dame used what is now the Wild's bench in their game against UMD, and wasn't UMD the higher seed in that game? I would also suggest calling either the Xcel ticket office or one of the participating team's ticket manager and see what they say.

*eta* I just checked and in 2011 Notre Dame was on what is now the visitor bench and UMD the Wild bench, so I'm guessing my round-up of ticket locations is probably correct.
                      The above are WeAreNDHockey's guesses from the tournament thread. Though not definitive, I'd say they sound like highly educated guesses. But if anyone knows with certainty, please post.

Comment

Saw the team off at the Schott today.
                        GO BUCKS!!

Comment

...have UM fans be able to say, "Yeah, we went 1-5 against you guys, but we won the most important one."
                          Yea that's what I'm counting on although I'll admit that I'm a little leery playing you again. We need to get by rudy first though.
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            Yea that's what I'm counting on although I'll admit that I'm a little leery playing you again. We need to get by rudy first though.
                            Same goes here, we'd be a bit leery to play you again as well. Your team seems to improve with each game and are peaking plus winning streaks always end at some point (except football)!

Comment

I remember watching the 1998 Frozen Four on TV knowing very little about hockey as a 13 year old growing up in deep Southern Ohio. My Dad and I watched the game and the next year he purchased season tickets with my sister moving to Reynoldsburg there was a place for us to stay for the Friday night on a weekend series avoiding an extra 2 hour drive. For 13 years we would make the 2 hour drive every weekend and Ohio State hockey quickly became the epicenter of my sports world. He stopped renewing the tickets when I moved to Orlando (Try getting a sports bar here to put on college hockey!!!)...

Anyway, sitting at my desk today it's a surreal thought for this team to be back where they were when they motivated my family to get involved with it in the first place. There's no real point to this post other than I'm pretty darn excited for tomorrow and no one here at work cares. =)

Go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by todtfather View Post
                                I remember watching the 1998 Frozen Four on TV knowing very little about hockey as a 13 year old growing up in deep Southern Ohio. My Dad and I watched the game and the next year he purchased season tickets with my sister moving to Reynoldsburg there was a place for us to stay for the Friday night on a weekend series avoiding an extra 2 hour drive. For 13 years we would make the 2 hour drive every weekend and Ohio State hockey quickly became the epicenter of my sports world. He stopped renewing the tickets when I moved to Orlando (Try getting a sports bar here to put on college hockey!!!)...
                                Good story; thanks for posting.

Anyway, sitting at my desk today it's a surreal thought for this team to be back where they were when they motivated my family to get involved with it in the first place. There's no real point to this post other than I'm pretty darn excited for tomorrow and no one here at work cares. =)

Go Bucks!
                                In similar vein, I was driving around the other day with an Oldies station on the radio. Hang On Sloopy (McCoys version) came on. I believe I can say with complete confidence that the DJ at Sirius/XM did NOT have OSU Hockey in mind when he made the selection. But it hit me like a ton of bricks how cool it would be to hear the Pep Band playing Hang On Sloopy & Carmen Ohio at the X, celebrating Buckeye wins.

We'll see. We are an underdog. Heck, I don't even know for sure that the Pep Band is making the trip. But it sure was a nice thought. Go Bucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X