Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

However it goes this weekend by last weekend of the regular season when we meet again they both will be totally different teams which will add a great element of anticipation.

Comment

Nice comeback win tonight. Tough to start on the road especially against that team and to come from behind in the last 10 minutes with 2 goals was great. Romeo was solid making the saves he was supposed to make and the defense was decent getting pucks out of harms way. The team as a whole was outstanding blocking shots and letting Romeo see most that would get through. Came for a split and now can go for more tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
        Nice comeback win tonight. Tough to start on the road especially against that team and to come from behind in the last 10 minutes with 2 goals was great. Romeo was solid making the saves he was supposed to make and the defense was decent getting pucks out of harms way. The team as a whole was outstanding blocking shots and letting Romeo see most that would get through. Came for a split and now can go for more tomorrow.
        My major concern (worry) about the first two games is what bothered me last year. Is this team going to play great against good opponents and take the night off against teams they are clearer better than? Are they going to play much better hockey on the road than they do at home in the Schott?

Too early to tell, but that little bugaboo drove me nuts last year.

Comment

Didn't see game 2 but I think a split is what most of us were aiming for and a split is what we got. At least goaltending and defense wasn't a total liability like it was during the Ryerson game, so that's a great sign. Anyone see anything in particular worth mentioning?
          Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
          University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Coming into town for the Friday night RPI/OSU hockey game. Like to eat at local restaurants vs chains. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Not necessarily looking for a 'lively" atmosphere as much as some place to get a good sandwich/burger and adult beverage.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988 View Post
              Coming into town for the Friday night RPI/OSU hockey game. Like to eat at local restaurants vs chains. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Not necessarily looking for a 'lively" atmosphere as much as some place to get a good sandwich/burger and adult beverage.
              I like Rooters they have a variety of food options but the wings and boneless wings are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                Didn't see game 2 but I think a split is what most of us were aiming for and a split is what we got. At least goaltending and defense wasn't a total liability like it was during the Ryerson game, so that's a great sign. Anyone see anything in particular worth mentioning?
                I listened to it and from what i could gather the defense lapses caused 2 of the 3 goals which Romeo had no chance on. It sounded like the legs werent there for most of the 1st and 2nd. I agree a split is what we wanted at worst and we got it. Moving forward just keep improving and things will fall into place.

Comment

Not impressed with two shootout wins against unranked RPI at home. Learn from it and get better, I guess.

Comment

Ya with everything we lost this year is gonna be interesting. I thought goaltending would be the bigger issue, so I'm glad to see through two weeks that it hasn't been. Scoring is the big question mark for me. We definitely have a few guys who can score (Jobst, Joshua, etc.), but I haven't seen anyone yet who has stepped up to fill in for Schilkey or Gust. We'll see. RMU is a team we should beat but we had a real tough time with them last year.
                    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Having seen this team in person for the first time i have to say something that concerns me is the lack of grit. Many times Perry made the first save and when there were rebounds but the Buckeyes were either slow to the puck or got pushed aside allowing a clear. The other thing that concerns me is 0-19 or whatever it is on the PP. They are getting way to cute with the puck and no traffic in front of the net. The Goaltending was decent cant fault Romeo on either goal both came off turnovers. Even though they have played on the same team some of these guys really havent played a game on the same line. You can see it in the passing. Its way off and at times they cant complete 1 pass let alone 2 or 3 coming up the ice. They are missing Schilky and Gust for sure but Jobst and Joshua have to find a way. for both of those guys its easier being the hunter than the hunted as they are finding out. With Schilkly other teams knew he was the guy and that made them gear up the defense for him allowing others to come in under the radar. Jobst is the guy who is hurt the most so far by them not being here. He is seeing the top pair of Dmen from the other team. Ohio State is going to have to get creative and have others step up. As i see it they are probably the 5th best team in the league coming in. Lets see how they improve this weekend on the road at Umass and then Robert Morris( who has never lost in the Schott.)

Comment

Gee, I can see this thread has taken off in the couple of weeks I've been gone. If I yell "Hello" I can hear the echo!

Comment

Nice road win last night. I listened to the 3rd and it was very nice to see the PP get on the board last night. Romeo was solid again when called on. Lets see a sweep tonight.

Comment

Got the sweep and we controlled the game both nights. Tanner had the assist tonight on all 3 of our goals.
                            Probably won't help much on the rankings yet.
                            If anyone was streaming the game you would have heard the U Mass play by play guys pay us a very nice compliment, they said with some improvement they would not be surprised come March if we were a Frozen Four team. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              Got the sweep and we controlled the game both nights. Tanner had the assist tonight on all 3 of our goals.
                              Probably won't help much on the rankings yet.
                              If anyone was streaming the game you would have heard the U Mass play by play guys pay us a very nice compliment, they said with some improvement they would not be surprised come March if we were a Frozen Four team. Thanks guys!
                              This program has the talent to make a run in the NCAA Tournament. It's up to the players and coaches as to what kind of season they want to have. Hopefully they learned their lesson last season about overlooking teams they should have beaten and will come out focused every game.

Comment

If my memory is correct Robert Morris has never lost in the schott. That needs to end this Friday

Comment

Working...
                                X