Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    ...there is a picture of Paul Pooley, who is having his number retired. So, to answer your question about the sweater, yes, this would be a throwback to the sweaters that the Buckeyes wore in the 1980's. It is one of my favorites in my collection because those were the jerseys the Bucks were wearing when I was a student there from 1982-1986.
    Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
    That throwback Jersey was first worn in Feb 2006 when Paul Pooley's number was retired. There was an auction for those jerseys after the Pooley ceremony so I suspect that you may have Tom's 2006 jersey.
    Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    The one I have is definitely not from the mid-2000s or newer. It is much older. The early to mid 1980s does match my best guess based on the tagging in the neck (Good Sports brand). Good Sports made jerseys for quite a few colleges in that era, including Michigan Tech. So that narrows it down to one of these guys most likely:
    1981-82 Michael Sheridan
    1984-86 Bob Napierala
    1987-89 Daryn Fersovich

The most recent version of this style that I have is from the the final season of the CCHA which is pretty easy to figure out due to the patch. Thanks for the info.
    Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I see they are finally holding committee meetings again on a hockey facility for both the men's and women's teams. My feeling is we don't see any progress on this until they change athletic directors.

Comment

I see they are finally holding committee meetings again on a hockey facility for both the men's and women's teams. My feeling is we don't see any progress on this until they change athletic directors.
        Totally agree. I will believe we are getting a new Hockey facility when I see a bunch of guys in suits with shovels having a ground-breaking ceremony.

Comment

I saw that the Sioux Falls Stampede from the USHL was at the Schott yesterday practicing. Layover on their way to PGH for a set of games. CAn't hurt.

Also saw that Mason Jobst was named captain while John Wiitala and Luke Stork will be the assistants. Jobst certainly earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            Historical question - Was there someone named Boster who used to be connected to OSU hockey? I've been trying to research this vintage jersey and have come up empty. I believe someone told me once Boster was an announcer for the team, but I can't find the post or email where someone shared that with me. Google is being unusually tight lipped and isn't telling me anything either.

It's a really nice jersey other than the nameplate that I don't believe should be present. Everything else about the jersey appears that it was a game used jersey at one point. Maybe just a fan stuck their name on the back?

Bonus question for extra credit - Can anyone tell me what year(s) this style was worn? Based on the tagging in the neck, which I've seen in other teams' jerseys, I'm thinking early 1980s era. I was able to locate an all-time numerical roster so I know who has worn #8 over the years, now I just need to narrow down the year.

Thanks - Ryan

Most likely an add on. I'm not certain how far back this rule goes but for some time now per NCAA rules with the exception a jersey going to a player or his immediate family any and all jerseys must have the player's name removed before the school sells the jersey.

Comment

That basically sucked. Hard to find any bright spot in that turkey.

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't there, so I can't really comment, but just from the box score ... a 4-1 lead, then Ryerson scores six unanswered goals. The last goal by Ryerson was an empty netter, but still inexcusable. The Bucks won't have much time to get things corrected, either, as they travel to Wisconsin next weekend.

Comment

Here's what I saw, we weren't playing too physical with them and defensively we were going stick to stick with them and not much hitting to take them off the puck.
                  It seemed we had a lot of trouble getting the puck on our sticks as simply missing the passes and losing the battles to keep possession on the offensive zone along with the all too often not taking a good shot when they had one and passing the puck instead.
                  No one timers, always when receiving the pass we'd tee it up allowing the defense and goalie time to shift positions to shot block.
                  Bringing the puck up ice no passing all the way across the ice to wide open guys who could have gone straight in on net.
                  Worst part was guys blowing their coverage on D letting Ryerson get a step on them going to the far side of the net for the pass & shot.
                  And like last year we seemed to play slow & soft all through the 2nd period. I just didn't see a concentrated effort for speed and attacking the puck at all times.
                  Now don't get me wrong, this team has great potential, I was only listing what I thought went wrong most likely motivated by a lack of taking their opponent seriously until it was too late.
                  I also saw coach changing things up a lot with personnel no doubt getting a feel for who was playing well on what lines.

Comment

I wasnt at the game and cant comment on what happened but i will say this was the first time they were on the ice together as a team in organized activity dont read to much into it. They do have to go to Madison this weekend but Wisconsin lost both goalies i think and Kunin so they are replacing a lot of things too. Just get a split out of this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      I wasnt at the game and cant comment on what happened but i will say this was the first time they were on the ice together as a team in organized activity dont read to much into it. They do have to go to Madison this weekend but Wisconsin lost both goalies i think and Kunin so they are replacing a lot of things too. Just get a split out of this weekend.
                      True with a big BUT

Wisconsin replaced the departing goalies with an all American transfer, fifth year goalie from St Lawrence.

Comment

True with a big BUT

Wisconsin replaced the departing goalies with an all American transfer, fifth year goalie from St Lawrence.
                        True and he played a regular game with his new team already

Comment

True with a big BUT

Almost. The Badger's (would have been Junior) Matt Jurusic left school to return to the USHL to seek more playing time. Sophmore Jack Berry, who was 2-2 vs you guys getting the 2-1 win at the B1G tourney, is back. Kyle Hayton is a graduate transfer having taken 24 credits this summer to complete his degree at St Lawrence early. He isn't a 5th year senior and I assume he will have his All American skates in goal both games.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Almost. The Badger's (would have been Junior) Matt Jurusic left school to return to the USHL to seek more playing time. Sophmore Jack Berry, who was 2-2 vs you guys getting the 2-1 win at the B1G tourney, is back. Kyle Hayton is a graduate transfer having taken 24 credits this summer to complete his degree at St Lawrence early. He isn't a 5th year senior and I assume he will have his All American skates in goal both games.
                            Thought Berry had left too but you guys definitely have a big edge in net this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                              Thought Berry had left too but you guys definitely have a big edge in net this weekend.
                              He was obviously a huge get for us and looked as advertised in the opener. We'll have 3 freshman on the Blue line as soph JD Greenway is out for an undisclosed length of time for undisclosed reasons. ( It's a mystery at the moment. ) So that's a bit of an issue this early in the season. Three Freshman up front as well with two on the top two lines, but they are pretty good players. All in all, even with the loss of Kunin, I'd say the Badgers will be much improved this year.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                He was obviously a huge get for us and looked as advertised in the opener. We'll have 3 freshman on the Blue line as soph JD Greenway is out for an undisclosed length of time for undisclosed reasons. ( It's a mystery at the moment. ) So that's a bit of an issue this early in the season. Three Freshman up front as well with two on the top two lines, but they are pretty good players. All in all, even with the loss of Kunin, I'd say the Badgers will be much improved this year.
                                With all the new guys i bet its nice to have that security blanket in net

Comment

Working...
                                X