Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Thanks, I'm out of state so I will wait for the online goods.

Much different than football where you can get items before the confetti touches the ground.

Comment

I've never been more excited about an Ohio State program as I am about both hockey programs right now. I watched the promise of the Pooley Brothers years descend into mediocrity and then in the early 2000's I watched Markell squander the talent on those Umberger/Steckell teams and the program then wander the desert for over a decade. You just get the feel that this is a real program that knows how to develop talent, have it come back better the next year, replace it when it leaves all while turning it into a team that's greater than its parts.

Comment

OK, I'll just throw this out there right now. Say you guys lose your semi-final game to UMD (I have no idea if you will or not), who is going to Minneapolis and who wants to sell me their tickets (2- all session) if you are going home?
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          OK, I'll just throw this out there right now. Say you guys lose your semi-final game to UMD (I have no idea if you will or not), who is going to Minneapolis and who wants to sell me their tickets (2- all session) if you are going home?
          Why would you want to watch Notre Dame in the championship game?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
            I've never been more excited about an Ohio State program as I am about both hockey programs right now. I watched the promise of the Pooley Brothers years descend into mediocrity and then in the early 2000's I watched Markell squander the talent on those Umberger/Steckell teams and the program then wander the desert for over a decade. You just get the feel that this is a real program that knows how to develop talent, have it come back better the next year, replace it when it leaves all while turning it into a team that's greater than its parts.
            Totally agree with this! I love my OSU Football and they compete for BIG Ten and National Titles on a regular basis, but as a longtime OSU Hockey fan, I am thrilled with the direction of both programs. I'll be the first to admit that there was a time when I was not sold on Steve Rohlik to say the least, but man, was I wrong! The guy is a great recruiter, his kids like him and play hard for him, and now he has led the program to back-to-back appearances in the NCAA Tournament, not to mention this year's Frozen Four. You have to go back to the 2002-03/2003-04/2004-05 seasons to find us going to consecutive NCAA Tournaments, and back to the 1997-98 season for the last time we made the Frozen Four. Then you have Coach Nadine Muzerall on the Women's side, an absolute home run hire, getting our Women's Program to the Frozen Four in only her second season ... which completely blew away the expectations I had for the Women's Team this season! The future is very bright for both of our Hockey Programs!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              Totally agree with this! I love my OSU Football and they compete for BIG Ten and National Titles on a regular basis, but as a longtime OSU Hockey fan, I am thrilled with the direction of both programs. I'll be the first to admit that there was a time when I was not sold on Steve Rohlik to say the least, but man, was I wrong! The guy is a great recruiter, his kids like him and play hard for him, and now he has led the program to back-to-back appearances in the NCAA Tournament, not to mention this year's Frozen Four. You have to go back to the 2002-03/2003-04/2004-05 seasons to find us going to consecutive NCAA Tournaments, and back to the 1997-98 season for the last time we made the Frozen Four. Then you have Coach Nadine Muzerall on the Women's side, an absolute home run hire, getting our Women's Program to the Frozen Four in only her second season ... which completely blew away the expectations I had for the Women's Team this season! The future is very bright for both of our Hockey Programs!
              Agree with this with one minor quibble. I've never been down on Steve Rohlik because he was placed in a nasty situation with the way Oz was fired. That hurt recruiting for a couple of years and raised doubts bout the program. He weathered all that, learned on the job, hired the right assistants and now the team is in the FF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                Agree with this with one minor quibble. I've never been down on Steve Rohlik because he was placed in a nasty situation with the way Oz was fired. That hurt recruiting for a couple of years and raised doubts bout the program. He weathered all that, learned on the job, hired the right assistants and now the team is in the FF.
                Torally agree i never wavered from coach just because he was hired so late and the firing of OZ kept some recruits away. The first year taking that team to the big ten final was huge. They hadn't made it back until this year but you could see the improvement each year. Now he has made back to back NCAA appearances and a Frozen Four. The program is in great gands. Cant wait to get to St. Paul next week.

Comment

I think I've always been most impressed with the "never quit" mentality his teams play with. Whether they are down a couple goals or playing a superior opponent they always seem to give 100%. When team A plays harder than team B it sometimes doesn't matter how talented team B is.

Now can we get him a building! The House that Rohlik built!

Comment

Hey, I haven't been around. Was suspended for a bit, but I wanted to say CONGRATS on making it to the Frozen Four and doing the BTHC proud!!!

Now make sure and beat ND so a long time B1G team gets another title, not the brand new part time B1G team. lol

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                      Hey, I haven't been around. Was suspended for a bit, but I wanted to say CONGRATS on making it to the Frozen Four and doing the BTHC proud!!!

Now make sure and beat ND so a long time B1G team gets another title, not the brand new part time B1G team. lol
                      Glad to see you back Fred, I was wondering were you went. I enjoy your posts although some of your Minnesota associates might think I'm nuts but that's what Buckeyes are!

Comment

A possible change of fortune!
                        I can't go to the first round of the Frozen Four but if we advance to the Championship game I have the wife's permission to make the 12 hour drive without her to be there Saturday!
                        She has serious back issues and the drive to Allentown about did her in and there's no way she can do a 12 hour drive. However for this concession there WAS some mention of her getting to fly down to Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Glad to see you back Fred, I was wondering were you went. I enjoy your posts although some of your Minnesota associates might think I'm nuts but that's what Buckeyes are!
                          Well, I hope you liked my more toned down stuff, because I'm swearing off the stuff that got everyone so triggered before I got suspended. I hope never to get suspended again, much less banned. I love hockey too much and want to always come around here in the future if I feel like talking hockey, and my conscience started showing me that as entertaining as it might have been for some, it was inappropriate and I'm actually a much better person than that. So I hope you don't come to find me too boring now? lol I'll still take strong stands about things I feel are important, but I want and need to avoid insulting anyone. People are precious and deserve to be treated with respect.

But thank you for your kind words and again, I'll be cheering for OSU to win the Title and if you do end up going to the Title game, I hope you enjoy the experience, win or lose. And if you choose not to, sometimes relaxing at home is just as enjoyable, esp if your team wins!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                            Did a quick check, and didn't find anything out there. But I imagine that will change in a few days. The guys at the OSU Ice Rink Pro Shop might have an idea as to when FF gear will hit the market. Telephone: (614) 292-4154.
                            I'd forget the pro shop in the old rink. They've dropped off the map on what they order in since Duke retired.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

I'd say Michigan may have something to say about ND before us.
                              Actually it's a hard call, if we get past Duluth do we want Notre Dame who squeaked by us in the conference championship and deserves some payback or Michigan who simply put is our greatest rival school?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                I'd forget the pro shop in the old rink. They've dropped off the map on what they order in since Duke retired.
                                Point taken. I'd also say that even in the past, the Pro Shop didn't carry a large selection of fan gear. However I'd be surprised if they literally had nothing acknowledging the Frozen Four appearances.

For someone based out-of-town, the phone call is free and easy. You'd be talking to a hockey person, not a given at any of the other locations. You might get some useful info. Come up empty? I guess the cost would be about two minutes of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X