Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    It got really exciting those last several minutes. I was on top of that side of the net when Jobst didn't get the tying goal with 1.5 left on the clock but I didn't see a bounce, I say he mistimed the shot and from his reaction afterwards he knew it and was pretty ticked at himself. Hope he isn't too hard on himself but these things happen.
    I was sitting right there to looked like a slight bounce threw off his timing but at any rate just didnt do enough early in the game.

Comment

I think OSU has had problems with the ice all season with the puck bouncing a lot and guys from both teams losing their edge. When Mike Morris was alive they had the best ice under his supervision as he was the best refrigeration man in central Ohio and he left for awhile because of the internal politics there but they begged him back because they couldn't get the ice conditions needed for the Frozen Four. Well Mike passed away some years ago now and it seems they've yet to find someone of his ability & experience to manage the ice yet.

Comment

I watched Friday's game against UConn and I thought were outplayed them but mistakes keep the Huskies in the game. I didn't see Saturday's game but am puzzled why we didn't play well enough offensively to secure a win? Anybody stream and watch it to offer opinions?

Comment

I didn't see either game vs UConn because I was at the OSU Ice Rink supporting the OSU Women, but these ties against inferior teams are not helping our cause. We need to figure out how to win hockey games we're supposed to win as we have now dropped down to 21st in the pairwise. This crap of tying teams like UConn and RPI are going to come back to bite us in the butt next March if we don't figure stuff out. This team has way too much talent to not be able to score goals consistently against teams like that.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            I didn't see either game vs UConn because I was at the OSU Ice Rink supporting the OSU Women, but these ties against inferior teams are not helping our cause. We need to figure out how to win hockey games we're supposed to win as we have now dropped down to 21st in the pairwise. This crap of tying teams like UConn and RPI are going to come back to bite us in the butt next March if we don't figure stuff out. This team has way too much talent to not be able to score goals consistently against teams like that.
            These ties suck for sure and will hurt later. If we can point to one thing for the ties its the Power Play. In the 3 1-1 ties the PP is 0-13 and on the year they are 6-50 on the year if my math is correct. If they dont get the PP going they are not going to win league games. If you look at the score sheets the PP is a big factor in some of those conference games that have been played so far this year. I have been very impressed with the way they have played defense so far. You have guys giving up the body and blocking shots all over the dzone. Romeo has been much better than i thought he would be coming off the year off. 6 straight conference games to end the first half of the year and we will know where they are and what the season fate looks like by 4 weeks from now.

Comment

OSU announced seven signees of intent letters for next season. List is here....

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...111717aaa.html

Comment

Its Michigan Week. Watched them on Saturday night and the defense isnt much different than last year but they put the puck in the net at a different rate than last year. Going to have to be sharp on the defensive end this weekend.

Comment

Can't say I liked the non call with Tanner getting hauled down and held down but in a game between these two teams you gotta expect the refs to let the boys play.

Comment

Great win for the Buckeyes tonight and much needed conference points!
                    Got the momentum in the 3rd and held onto it.
                    Now for both the Ohio State football and hockey teams to get the wins tomorrow for the perfect weekend!

Comment

Outstanding game especially on the road. I thought they played a decent 40 minutes of hockey in the last 2 periods. Romeo stole the show in the 1st and parts of the 2nd and gave them a chance to win the game in the 3rd. Once again the PK was very good and even the PP chipped in with the game winner. Looking forward to tomorrow going to both the football game and hockey game after. You cant sweep if you dont win on Friday night! Time for a broom for the weekend.

Comment

Grrr...grumble...grumble....

Good game.
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          Grrr...grumble...grumble....

Good game.
                          Thanks!
                          Most people predicted a split this weekend but anything goes with these two teams. I think a deciding factor besides our goaltender was Dakota Joshua as he was really trying hard to get under the skin of the Michigan players and it worked drawing a slash for a PP.
                          He's very determined to make Michigan smart for snubbing him as a recruit especially being a local kid.

Comment

WOW! A 5-1 win tonight for the sweep!
                            You don't get that at Yost very often.
                            With the hockey sweep and football victory I will have my relatives in Michigan dodging my phone calls for a month not wanting to take their annual lumps!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              WOW! A 5-1 win tonight for the sweep!
                              You don't get that at Yost very often.
                              With the hockey sweep and football victory I will have my relatives in Michigan dodging my phone calls for a month not wanting to take their annual lumps!
                              I already sent an email to my cousin just north of Ann Arbor. All it said was "0-3 weekend."

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                                I already sent an email to my cousin just north of Ann Arbor. All it said was "0-3 weekend."
                                Spam...
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                                X