Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

I felt my heart sink when Yobst let the guy he was covering beat him to the net for the pass & goal. Minnesota's goaltending was pretty solid and us getting the puck through the crease to Lampasso waiting looked like a set play to me and that it even made it to Christian was something else.
    I just want to know where did THIS Christian Lampasso we've been seeing come from and what happened to the guy who never scored the previous 3 seasons?

Comment

SWEEP! And how sweet it is!
      Couple of things on my mind. First why did Minnesota change goalies for tonight? I thought Robson was much more beatable than Schierhorn was last night.
      Second, man the officiating was TERRIBLE! That hooking call on Lampasso could not be justified to a blind man!
      Regardless we have our first sweep of the Gophers and let's see what kind of love that buys us in the polls on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        SWEEP! And how sweet it is!
        I presume that you enjoyed the long range empty-netters as much as I did.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          I presume that you enjoyed the long range empty-netters as much as I did.
          Indeed I did. That was a concern for me for as you know in previous games, Penn State most recently, when the opponent's goaltender was pulled we never took opportunities to go for that empty net insurance goal choosing instead to stay on the defensive end and it has come back to haunt us.
          Taking the chance against an icing call I think not only adds an additional element of excitement to the game but when successful, seals the win and who can argue that?

Comment

Fun game last night but this is a frustrating team. Up until these last two games this team was pretty poor when playing on home ice - the same as last year. And also like last year they seem to play much better on the road. Very happy that one of those problems hopefully corrected itself the last two days. Still hard to believe it was a sweep of Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
              Fun game last night but this is a frustrating team. Up until these last two games this team was pretty poor when playing on home ice - the same as last year. And also like last year they seem to play much better on the road. Very happy that one of those problems hopefully corrected itself the last two days. Still hard to believe it was a sweep of Minnesota.
              Hopefully this is the start of a new trend ... actually protecting our pond. It's unfathomable that this team has had such a poor home record in recent years. I am well aware that they do not normally get to practice on that ice, but that doesn't excuse coming out and laying an egg like they did last weekend vs Penn State. I like that we play well on the road, but we should be able to win on home ice, too. Hopefully this sweep of the Gophers gets us going.

Comment

Don't mean to diminish the big picture concerns. But I keep thinking of Matt Miller's game-winning slap shot and can't stop smiling. That one had the shock and awe factor.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                  Don't mean to diminish the big picture concerns. But I keep thinking of Matt Miller's game-winning slap shot and can't stop smiling. That one had the shock and awe factor.
                  That was quite a blast and been watching the video of it over & over with great satisfaction on OSU Hockey's Facebook page.
                  Well with plays like that he should meet expectations on eventually joining his brother in the NHL.
                  Just like Lampasso's recent scoring streak I say keep them coming boys!

Comment

This weekends sweep puts us in second place in the B1G but with it so tight in the points race for everybody with the exception of Notre Dame we have to keep winning to finally finish near the top and reap the benefits that go with it but what will those benefits be?
                    Too early to speculate of where will we play if we host a home playoff?

Comment

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Congrats on your sweep, the Gophers did everything in their power to ensure it was a snooze fest.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Congrats on your sweep, the Gophers did everything in their power to ensure it was a snooze fest.
                        Snooze fest? Well that's probably a perspective a fan for one of the teams there might have but for myself and the other Buckeye fans it was quite enjoyable.

Comment

Ohio State up to 9th in both USCHO & Coach's polls and 8th in Pairwise.
                          Not bad for some holiday cheer going into the break.

Comment

Probably going to be a mostly empty building Friday night with the football team playing. Oh wait, when isn't it a mostly empty building?

Comment

Ohio State up to 9th in both USCHO & Coach's polls and 8th in Pairwise.
                              Not bad for some holiday cheer going into the break.
                              They need to keep the ball rolling with a sweep this weekend. No excuse to lose at home to a team that is ranked that far below us. No disrespect to Niagara, but the pairwise is unforgiving when you're 8th in the pairwise and you lose at home to a team that is ranked 29th in the pairwise. Need to take care of business so that we are not on the bubble having to scoreboard-watch later in the season (like last season). A good step forward for this program would be to start consistently beating teams they are supposed to beat.

Probably going to be a mostly empty building Friday night with the football team playing. Oh wait, when isn't it a mostly empty building?
                              What else is new, right? I shouldn't get started on this, but that building/atmosphere is hurting this program, whether some want to believe it or not. Quite a few on here and in conversations I have with folks at the games are talking about a new arena actually getting built in the near future, but until I see shovels in the ground and something going up, it's all just talk. And I sincerely hope the powers that be are going to re-think the whole 4,000-seat capacity. I really hope they are not going to short-change our programs with a facility that small at a school/city the size of OSU/Columbus. Anything built at OSU for Hockey should have a capacity of 5,000 minimum, if not 6,000.

As for the games this weekend, we will not be able to make Friday's game, but we are going to go Saturday.

Comment

Well the AD at OSU is a moron so short changing us on arena size wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                                X