Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    If my memory is correct Robert Morris has never lost in the schott. That needs to end this Friday
    Sadly, you are correct on the first point and even more correct on the second point.

One other point - there are two, new, assistant coaches and I'm sure there is still a period of adjustment to that happening. Last weekend was promising, but that's all.
    Last edited by Draighlicht; 10-23-2017, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
      One other point - there are two, new, assistant coaches and I'm sure there is still a period of adjustment to that happening. Last weekend was promising, but that's all.
      It's JB's dream job to be back coaching at Ohio State but Coach Miller I'm surprised we got him. With his experience and background he could be head coach most anywhere so I wonder how long we'll have him?

Comment

Story on OSU junior center Mason Jobst:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big...ruins-penguins
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          Story on OSU junior center Mason Jobst:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big...ruins-penguins
          Thanks! Appreciate this.

Comment

That was a pleasant surprise last night, winning 5-3. A good friend and his son were in town from North Carolina for the football game today so I took them to the hockey game last night and warned them how poorly OSU usually plays against Robert Morris at home. I didn't like being so correct after the guys fell behind 2-0. Glad it's the final score that counts. Nice recovery from the poor start. Need to start better in PGH tonight, but need the final score to be in our favor as well.

Comment

Nice come back win last night now 5 straight without a loss. Getting scoring from a lot of people right now that is going to be key going forward. Pk was great once again. Going for the sweep on the road tonight lets get it.

Comment

It's early in the season yet but it's nice to see Ohio State shows the best overall record so far for the B1G teams but it will get interesting fast this weekend with Notre Dame coming to town for a pair of conference games!
                We also moved up to #16 in the rankings this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  It's early in the season yet but it's nice to see Ohio State shows the best overall record so far for the B1G teams but it will get interesting fast this weekend with Notre Dame coming to town for a pair of conference games!
                  We also moved up to #16 in the rankings this week.
                  more importantly the guys sit at #12 in the pairwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                    more importantly the guys sit at #12 in the pairwise.
                    I didn't comment on the pairwise because it's so early yet but yeah, always nice to see good numbers even though 5 months yet until it really matters.
                    And how about those lady Buckeyes at #2 Pairwise & #4 in the other polls?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      I didn't comment on the pairwise because it's so early yet but yeah, always nice to see good numbers even though 5 months yet until it really matters.
                      And how about those lady Buckeyes at #2 Pairwise & #4 in the other polls?
                      It might be early to look at the pairwise but a win or 2 this weekend will look nice later in the year
                      Last edited by klbaum1077; 11-01-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I've been following the team for a while. Wondering what happened to Miquel Fidler? Can someone post some info. Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Umie77 View Post
                          I've been following the team for a while. Wondering what happened to Miquel Fidler? Can someone post some info. Thanks !
                          unspecified injury.

Comment

Not the way they wanted this weekend to go. Getting swept at home in conference is never good only scoring 3 goals on the weekend is never good. 4-42 on the PP is awful. To many breakdowns leading to goals for Notre Dame. To much playing with the puck on the PP from what i saw this weekend. They are trying to make the pretty play instead of getting the puck to the net and making things happen. Romeo was pretty decent for the most part couple soft goals on Saturday i thought. Unfortunate bounce cost Jobst the tying goal last night. On to Uconn to get back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                              Unfortunate bounce cost Jobst the tying goal last night. On to Uconn to get back on track.
                              It got really exciting those last several minutes. I was on top of that side of the net when Jobst didn't get the tying goal with 1.5 left on the clock but I didn't see a bounce, I say he mistimed the shot and from his reaction afterwards he knew it and was pretty ticked at himself. Hope he isn't too hard on himself but these things happen.

Comment

Whelp... It was a tough weekend across the board for OSU athletics. But hey, look at the bright side. Our basketball team beat a DIII school today!
                                Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                                University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Working...
                                X