Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
    Now it's time to begin to address the looming elephant in the room. If they host a home, first round series in the B1G playoff where do they play the games? High school basketball for boys and girls and high school wrestling has the place booked in March. Natioinwide? OSU Ice Rink?
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I actually have an answer for the question.
    I asked the same question over a week ago to the powers that be at the hockey office and was told a first round would be at the Schott, following weekends if need be would be at Nationwide.
    Some Additional Detail on the Schottenstein Center Schedule For March 2018:

1st Round B1G Hockey Playoffs: March 2-4
    State Wrestling Tournament (Individual) March 8-10
    State Girls Basketball Tournament March 15-17
    State Boys Basketball Tournament March 22-24

Comment

I was hoping if we finish the season well we'd get a good regional seeding that our fans may be able to attend.
      I didn't realize there are NO regionals this year in the Midwest at all! 3 regionals in the east and one in SD.
      How can they begin to call Allentown PA which is near Philly a Midwest regional? What a joke!

Comment

I was hoping if we finish the season well we'd get a good regional seeding that our fans may be able to attend.
        I didn't realize there are NO regionals this year in the Midwest at all! 3 regionals in the east and one in SD.
        How can they begin to call Allentown PA which is near Philly a Midwest regional? What a joke!
        I didnt realize that allentown was that far east

Comment

I can't believe both games are not on TV this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by dpdc77 View Post
            I can't believe both games are not on TV this weekend.
            The conference must have some hot basketball games scheduled. They always come before hockey.
            Later in the week they'll no doubt post coverage on BTN2GO.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
              I didnt realize that allentown was that far east
              Well, who knows if we make it if we want the Allentown seeding depending on who the other teams are but from a fan's perspective I would consider the 6 hour drive.
              If we would get South Dakota then no chance of me going.

Comment

Well, who knows if we make it if we want the Allentown seeding depending on who the other teams are but from a fan's perspective I would consider the 6 hour drive.
                If we would get South Dakota then no chance of me going.
                Ill make the drive to either of the east regionals and Allentown but im not sure if i can get to SD

Comment

A great win and a shutout 4-0! Also a crowd of just a hair under 10,000 providing a great environment for hockey.
                  On the plus side Penn State and Notre Dame go down as well. If we win tomorrow we'd have our first ever 4 game sweep of Michigan in hockey. A good start for catching the football teams winning streak against TTUN.

Comment

Don't know how it turned out, but earlier in the night Denver was losing. I know SCSU got pummeled. OSU could be Top 4 by the end of the weekend?

I'm more afraid of when you guys come to town than I am of my Gophers losing to Notre Dame tomorrow.

Nice to see OSU doing well in hockey. Doing the B1G proud. Now we just have to hope MSU's hockey coach doesn't go down with the rest of the POSs going down. Heard Izzo and Dantonio are both going to retire? It would suck to be back down to 6 teams again come next season?

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                      Now we just have to hope MSU's hockey coach doesn't go down with the rest of the POSs going down. Heard Izzo and Dantonio are both going to retire? It would suck to be back down to 6 teams again come next season?
                      I think their hockey coach has been there too short a time to be complicit in anything. I feel bad for our former assistant coach Joe Exter. Joe's a great guy and just joined their staff and prior to this it seemed like a good career move as you have a school with great hockey traditions, a new coaching staff poised to revive the program and now with the possibility of the NCAA making MSU suffer in ways Penn state never did. How can you recruit effectively with that possibly looming over your head?
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-26-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

I think their hockey coach has been there too short a time to be complicit in anything. I feel bad for our former assistant coach Joe Exter. Joe's a great guy and just joined their staff and prior to this it seemed like a good career move as you have a school with great hockey traditions, a new coaching staff poised to revive the program and now with the possibility of the NCAA making MSU suffer in ways Penn state never did. How can you recruit effectively with that possibly looming over your head?
                        I can't see the hockey staff being in much trouble since they are so new and there has not been any incidents that I know of involving hockey players. Sad state of affairs for certain.

Comment

A great win and a shutout 4-0! Also a crowd of just a hair under 10,000 providing a great environment for hockey.
                          Michigan had a quite a bit of zone time and definitely had some quality chances. Major kudos to Sean Romeo on the shutout.

Comment

Well what a series and we have our second season sweep of Michigan in program history. Our current players weren't born yet the first time!
                            A good crowd again and a more chippy game. I can't complain!

Comment

Well what a series and we have our second season sweep of Michigan in program history. Our current players weren't born yet the first time!
                              A good crowd again and a more chippy game. I can't complain!
                              Ya great game all around. Glad we got the upper deck partially opened up both nights. Romeo came up big a few times in both games and being able to score consistently is always nice to see. On to that other team up north!
                              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

OK, I'll bite. When was the first, and who were the Buckeye players at the time? No doubt I was born, but I don't remember this.

Best educated guess: The early 1980's.

A good crowd again...
                                Hope some of those new (or almost new) fans come back. Realistically most won't, but they should. The team is putting on a great show, and ticket prices are extremely reasonable.

Message to our new friends: This Buckeye team deserves your support!

...and a more chippy game. I can't complain!
                                It sure looked like Michigan made a conscious effort to play more conservatively on Saturday -- particularly to cut down on the number of odd-man rushes allowed. A portion of that effort was hard nosed play. Leading directly to several sets of coincidental penalties.

Michigan, of all teams, decides they can't run and gun with the Buckeyes. We live in interesting times.

Comment

Working...
                                X