Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I'm all for you getting Brent to admit that he's talking out his butt.

As a Wisconsin fan though, I'll admit that I don't believe that a 13-0 Wisconsin is an absolute, 100% lock.

They should be and likely would be, but I believe in the smoke filled room.

Frist up - gotta beat tOSU and that won't be easy.
    What he said. I believe in the smoke-filled room in college football. That is my view. If that's talking out of my butt, so be it. I'm fine in admitting that.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

As a Wisconsin fan though, I'll admit that I don't believe that a 13-0 Wisconsin is an absolute, 100% lock.

They should be and likely would be, but I believe in the smoke filled room.

Frist up - gotta beat tOSU and that won't be easy.
      First, my argument with Brent had to do with his assertion that somehow Alabama's loss helped Wisconsin. I disagree completely. If anything, Alabama's loss hurt Wisconsin (i.e. The SEC champ was already getting in regardless, and now potentially a 1-loss Alabama could get in over Wisconsin...and now Brent seems to be arguing this anyway...guess he ditched his previous theory).

As for Wisconsin getting screwed, if Alabama had beaten a murder's row this season, I would agree that it would be a possibility. However, Alabama's best wins are over a 3-loss LSU squad and a 4-loss Mississippi State team. They have zero Top 15 wins. Their SOS will be very similar to Wisconsin's, and Alabama didn't even win their division. I just don't see the committee rewarding a 1-loss, non-SEC champion Alabama at the expense of an undefeated, B1G Champion. Now, Alabama could very well be ranked ahead of Wisconsin this week, but not at the end of the year if Wisconsin does indeed go undefeated. I just don't see that being a possibility.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

AL, with 1 loss (assuming WI goes undefeated) helps WI's case in theory. An undefeated team SHOULD get in over a 1 loss team. That was my angle. But, SEC ZOMG WTeffBBQ that college football has....well......
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          First, my argument with Brent...

I've read the entire exchange and I understand your logic and agree with it.

I just don't 100% trust the people running the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            AL, with 1 loss (assuming WI goes undefeated) helps WI's case in theory. An undefeated team SHOULD get in over a 1 loss team. That was my angle. But, SEC ZOMG WTeffBBQ that college football has....well......

The SEC bias is strong but maybe that's only in the press and the committee doesn't buy in.

This year may give us the answer.

Comment

The SEC bias is strong but maybe that's only in the press and the committee doesn't buy in.

This year may give us the answer.
              I hope that first statement is true, as much as it pains me to say so.

Comment

That helps WI. I don't like. Not that I like 'Bama.
                Goddammit, this is a no-win situation.
                But a 1-loss AL could help WI.
                So, and please correct me if I'm wrong, your argument is:

Alabama's loss theoretically helps Wisconsin's case for making the Playoff. However, in actual practice, it will hurt Wisconsin because Alabama will get in at Wisconsin's expense due to the committee's alleged SEC bias.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  So, and please correct me if I'm wrong, your argument is:

Alabama's loss theoretically helps Wisconsin's case for making the Playoff. However, in actual practice, it will hurt Wisconsin because Alabama will get in at Wisconsin's expense due to the committee's alleged SEC bias.
                  Correct.

Comment

Doomsday

where Miami beats Clemson ,TCU beats Okie, OSU beats Wiscy

so you get
                    1.Auburn
                    2. Miami
                    3. Dem Buckeyes
                    4. Alabama
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Fla to hire Miss State's Mullen.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...n-mullen-coach
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Tennessee is finalizing a contract with Greg Schiano, per USA today.

Lolololol

Comment

To no one's surprise A&M fires Sumlin.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            To no one's surprise A&M fires Sumlin.
                            It feels like UT and A&M have had 20 coaches in the last 10 years.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Herbstreit has it

1. Auburn
                              2. Clemson
                              3. Oklahoma
                              4. Georgia
                              5. Wisconsin
                              6. Alabama

If it were me Auburn and Georgia would get in regardless who wins or loses the SEC championship over Alabama. Wisconsin gets in if they beat OSU.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Wisconsin gets in if they beat OSU.
                                But... "THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYBODY!!!!! zOMG!"

You'd make a heck of a politician, Scoobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X