Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I don't delve in here often, so I assume that was discussed before? (honest)
    Shhhh. Shhhh. Shhhhhhhhhh. I swear to god man. There was a horse.

And all those people started dancing.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Shhhh. Shhhh. Shhhhhhhhhh. I swear to god man. There was a horse.

And all those people started dancing.
      Ok, that might have brought a bit of gut-laughter.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        You don't know me very well then. And losing the Axe 14 times in a row means it's no longer a rivalry.
        Hey now, Cal has only lost it 8 times in a row.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Undefeated means you're in. Scoobs is right. Since ALA lost, now there is an argument because of undefeated/not undefeated. Doesn't matter who you played. ALA, having lost, now creates some questions.
          This logic doesn't make sense to me (or perhaps I'm not understanding your argument). You say undefeated means you are in. So if Wisconsin goes undefeated they are in. Then you say since AL lost, it creates questions? What questions? For who?

ETA:

Coming into this weekend, there were 8 teams fighting for the 4 Playoff spots:
          Alabama
          Auburn
          Clemson
          Georgia
          Miami
          Oklahoma
          Ohio State
          Wisconsin

Alabama and Wisconsin go undefeated Scenario

If Alabama goes undefeated, that would knock out a 2-loss non-SEC champion Georgia, and a 3-loss non-SEC champion Auburn. So we're down to six teams.

If Wisconsin goes undefeated, that would knock out a 3-loss non-B1G champion Ohio State. So we're down to five teams.

Clemson and Miami play each other next weekend, so one will get knocked out as a 2-loss, non ACC champion. So, now we're down to four teams: Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson/Miami winner, and Wisconsin.

Only Wisconsin undefeated Scenario

If Wisconsin goes undefeated, that would knock out a 3-loss non-B1G champion Ohio State. So we're down to seven teams.

Clemson and Miami play each other next weekend, so one will get knocked out as a 2-loss, non ACC champion. So now we're down to six teams.

Auburn and Georgia play each other next weekend, so one will get knocked out as either a 2-loss or 3-loss, non SEC champion. So now we're down to five teams.

If Oklahoma wins the Big 12 title, it likely eliminates Alabama as a 1-loss, non-SEC champion. If Oklahoma loses, they are likely eliminated with Alabama getting the bid. So now we're down to four teams: Clemson/Miami winner, Auburn/Georgia winner, Oklahoma/Alabama, and Wisconsin.

Again, I don't see a scenario where Alabama's loss impacted Wisconsin in any way. If Wisconsin goes undefeated, they are in, regardless of whether Alabama had gone undefeated. If Wisconsin loses in the B1G Championship, they are out, regardless of whether Alabama had gone undefeated.

If you disagree, please post your scenario.
          Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 11-26-2017, 08:04 AM.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

It doesn't really feel like we're playing for the Axe anymore.

We just bring it out to show it to you guys every year.
            I really miss that talent and humor in the Sioux/Badger game threads, Gurth.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              This logic doesn't make sense to me (or perhaps I'm not understanding your argument). You say undefeated means you are in. So if Wisconsin goes undefeated they are in. Then you say since AL lost, it creates questions? What questions? For who?
              People still drool over Alabama. If they stayed undefeated, they were in. Alabama lost, so now WI can say "We're undefeated! We're in, Alabama is out!" But the SEC fanboys will point out that Alabama's only loss was to a powerhouse team, so it's not really a "loss" that should count against them for playoff purposes. Basically, the SEC/Alabama folks changed the parameters of who gets in because of Alabama losing.

I have a feeling WI is gonna get screwed (not that I mind that; of course, I would also love to see Alabama not make it).
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ls/predictions

has this been updated?!?!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

People still drool over Alabama. If they stayed undefeated, they were in. Alabama lost, so now WI can say "We're undefeated! We're in, Alabama is out!" But the SEC fanboys will point out that Alabama's only loss was to a powerhouse team, so it's not really a "loss" that should count against them for playoff purposes. Basically, the SEC/Alabama folks changed the parameters of who gets in because of Alabama losing.

I have a feeling WI is gonna get screwed (not that I mind that; of course, I would also love to see Alabama not make it).
                  not sure how a team can not even make its own conference championship game, yet still think it qualifies for a national championship game...
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You keep saying that, but provide nothing of substance to back it up. See my post below, and please post your scenario that shows (at least in your opinion) how if Alabama had gone undefeated, it would have left an undefeated Wisconsin out of the Playoff. I see zero scenarios where that is the case, and obviously you believe there is one. I'd love to see it.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      not sure how a team can not even make its own conference championship game, yet still think it qualifies for a national championship game...
                      See 2016 Ohio State.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        I really miss that talent and humor in the Sioux/Badger game threads, Gurth.

The painting isn't my work... I hope you know...

I wish.

Don't know who the artist is or I'd consider the print for the cave.

Comment

You keep saying that, but provide nothing of substance to back it up. See my post below, and please post your scenario that shows (at least in your opinion) how if Alabama had gone undefeated, it would have left an undefeated Wisconsin out of the Playoff. I see zero scenarios where that is the case, and obviously you believe there is one. I'd love to see it.
                          Like Scooby, I don't know enough/care enough to know the formulas, etc. Just following the news blurbs/etc.

IMO, the good ol' boys in NCAA will whatever they can to keep AL in, and they don't care about WI. *shrug*

Comment

Like Scooby, I don't know enough/care enough to know the formulas, etc. Just following the news blurbs/etc.

IMO, the good ol' boys in NCAA will whatever they can to keep AL in, and they don't care about WI. *shrug*
                            So you'll admit that you have no basis for your opinion that Alabama's loss somehow helped Wisconsin's playoff chances?
                            Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 11-26-2017, 09:12 AM.
                            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              The painting isn't my work... I hope you know...

I wish.

Don't know who the artist is or I'd consider the print for the cave.
                              It was you or Da Viinci--that's all I could tell.

Comment

So you'll admit that you have no basis for your opinion that Alabama's loss somehow helped Wisconsin's playoff chances?

I'm all for you getting Brent to admit that he's talking out his butt.

As a Wisconsin fan though, I'll admit that I don't believe that a 13-0 Wisconsin is an absolute, 100% lock.

They should be and likely would be, but I believe in the smoke filled room.

Frist up - gotta beat tOSU and that won't be easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X