Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    That helps WI. I don't like. Not that I like 'Bama.
    Goddammit, this is a no-win situation.
    An undefeated Wisconsin isn't going to miss the Playoff. A 1-loss Wisconsin isn't going to make the Playoff.

Alabama really has nothing to do with Wisconsin's fortunes. Conversely, Wisconsin has everything to do with Alabama's fortunes. Crazy world.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Go Oklahoma and Wisconsin, priorities man, Nick Saban is the devil

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      FWIW, you should also cheer for Clemson tonight against USC. If Clemson loses tonight, but beats Miami in the ACC Title game, Alabama is almost certainly in.
      North Dakota

Comment

I would think the following:

Miami-Clemson winner is in
        Oklahoma is in with win over TCU
        Wisconsin is in with win over OSU
        Georgia-Auburn winner is in

Committee probably hoping Oklahoma and Wisconsin win. Would be interesting to see who that next team in would be if OU or wisconsin lose. I'd imagine down to bama or OSU.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I would think the following:

Miami-Clemson winner is in
          Oklahoma is in with win over TCU
          Wisconsin is in with win over OSU
          Georgia-Auburn winner is in

Committee probably hoping Oklahoma and Wisconsin win. Would be interesting to see who that next team in would be if OU or wisconsin lose. I'd imagine down to bama or OSU.
          Based on what the committee did last year, I would think a 1-loss Alabama would be in over a 2-loss B1G Champ Ohio State. As I said earlier, Ohio State needs to win and have Oklahoma lose. Even then, I don't think Ohio State gets in (Heads up has to count more than a conference title...particularly where OU beat OSU in Columbus...right?).
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            An undefeated Wisconsin isn't going to miss the Playoff. A 1-loss Wisconsin isn't going to make the Playoff.

Alabama really has nothing to do with Wisconsin's fortunes. Conversely, Wisconsin has everything to do with Alabama's fortunes. Crazy world.
            But a 1-loss AL could help WI.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Wonder if that life time contract is still on the table for Harbaugh?
              They aren't gonna get anyone better than harbaugh. Tough luck for them at QB this year but no more excuses. Either peters or mccaffrey needs to be the guy. Both highly ranked.

Comment

One thing i would have enjoyed is a conference championship elevating a team over notre dame...kinda sending a message to the irish, join a conference and have to play a 13th game or this is what will happen. Doesn't look like it will come to that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  But a 1-loss AL could help WI.
                  I don't think so. An undefeated Wisconsin is always getting in, regardless of what happened with Alabama. Either Alabama would go undefeated and get in, or they would lose and be out (most likely). Alabama's loss really only helped Auburn (and I suppose to some extent Georgia). Hence why I said, Alabama has nothing to do with Wisconsin's fortunes.

If you have a different take, please explain.
                  North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    I don't think so. An undefeated Wisconsin is always getting in, regardless of what happened with Alabama. Either Alabama would go undefeated and get in, or they would lose and be out (most likely). Alabama's loss really only helped Auburn (and I suppose to some extent Georgia). Hence why I said, Alabama has nothing to do with Wisconsin's fortunes.

If you have a different take, please explain.
                    No an undefeated Wisconsin wasn't always getting in.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      No an undefeated Wisconsin wasn't always getting in.
                      Please explain how an undefeated Wisconsin would not make it. Given where we were at coming into this weekend, I do not see a scenario where an undefeated Wisconsin would not make it in.
                      North Dakota

Comment

With the # of games between teams competing for a playoff spot i do think no matter the scenario, wisconsin was getting in if they are undefeated.

Comment

Please explain how an undefeated Wisconsin would not make it. Given where we were at coming into this weekend, I do not see a scenario where an undefeated Wisconsin would not make it in.
                          Look at SOS. After you die laughing you'll have your answer.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Look at SOS. After you die laughing you'll have your answer.
                            So you have no explanation. If I'm wrong, please lay out one plausible scenario going forward where Wisconsin finishes undefeated and fails to make the playoff.
                            North Dakota

Comment

So you have no explanation. If I'm wrong, please lay out one plausible scenario going forward where Wisconsin finishes undefeated and fails to make the playoff.
                              I explained it fine.

Comment

You probably have a point but it's not like the committee had them ranked near a UCF. They were/are ranked 5th and will have a chance for a quality win against OSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X