Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Bedlam truly is. 55-52 with 10 min left
    And it ends 62-52, as Okie St could not take advantage of a Mayfield INT and win the game- a turnover gave Baker ANOTHER TD.

Comment

Why is there a kid in a Minnesota hat and jacket on the Michigan sideline? He's about 10' from Harbaugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Why is there a kid in a Minnesota hat and jacket on the Michigan sideline? He's about 10' from Harbaugh.
        He has a football for Minnesota. Just like Michigan has one on the other side.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          He has a football for Minnesota. Just like Michigan has one on the other side.
          Interesting. I assumed that was handled by conference officials.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
            Wow, so the B1G went from three viable tournament contenders to one, and from a reasonable possibility of two to a reasonable possibility of zero. Wisconsin was ranked behind two one-loss teams other than OSU and PSU. They need to win out and beat OSU or PSU (and that won't help as much as it used to, because they're both two loss teams).
            If they get Wisconsin in, the Big Ten might get held scoreless in the playoff for the third straight season.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              If they get Wisconsin in, the Big Ten might get held scoreless in the playoff for the third straight season.
              At this point, if Wisconsin wins the B1G, I don’t see how they are kept out

Comment

the talking heads are convinced if Wisconsin runs the table, they will still be left out. Has anyone actually looked at Alabama's non conference schedule? That win against FSU is nothing, now, and they have a barn burner with Mercer coming up.

Kills me that Wisconsin's non conference schedule is so looked down relatively speaking.

Comment

the talking heads are convinced if Wisconsin runs the table, they will still be left out. Has anyone actually looked at Alabama's non conference schedule? That win against FSU is nothing, now, and they have a barn burner with Mercer coming up.

Kills me that Wisconsin's non conference schedule is so looked down relatively speaking.

I hate this saying, but it is what it is.

Remember also that the pundits are trying to stir the pot. Their "takes" are designed to spur conversation and get social media engagement.

Some of them had Wisconsin as a possible upset yesterday.

In terms of Wisconsin's schedule, a big part of that is the B1G's fault for the unbalanced conference divisions. Can't help it that we don't play PSU, OSU or MSU.

Also doesn't help that Nebraska can't get back on their feet and may never again at the current pace.

Iowa will likely be ranked heading into next week's game and Michigan could be in two weeks if things fall right.

The Badgers went to BYU and can't help that they're down this year. BYU is usually at least a challenge to go to.

Having watched the Badgers all year, even if we go undefeated, I haven't seen a top 4 team in the country to this point. Doesn't mean they can't get there, but the offense and especially Hornibrook need to be more consistent and stop turning the ball over.

Deserved or not though, if we go undefeated, I'd obviously like the Badgers to get that shot.

Going undefeated is still a tall order though, so we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

If the badgers go undefeated and there aren’t four better undefeated teams from the Big 5, the badgers will make the playoffs. There is absolutely zero chance of them missing.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Pairwise Week 10 (link)
                      1. Bama
                      2. Georgia
                      3. UCF
                      4. Clemson

5. Wisconsin
                      6. Notre Dame
                      7. Miami FL
                      8. PSU
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Oh, I agree they'd get in. What I said is that they'll join MSU and OSU in putting up 0 points in the semis having watched them.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          I hate this saying, but it is what it is.

Remember also that the pundits are trying to stir the pot. Their "takes" are designed to spur conversation and get social media engagement.

Some of them had Wisconsin as a possible upset yesterday.

In terms of Wisconsin's schedule, a big part of that is the B1G's fault for the unbalanced conference divisions. Can't help it that we don't play PSU, OSU or MSU.

Also doesn't help that Nebraska can't get back on their feet and may never again at the current pace.

Iowa will likely be ranked heading into next week's game and Michigan could be in two weeks if things fall right.

The Badgers went to BYU and can't help that they're down this year. BYU is usually at least a challenge to go to.

Having watched the Badgers all year, even if we go undefeated, I haven't seen a top 4 team in the country to this point. Doesn't mean they can't get there, but the offense and especially Hornibrook need to be more consistent and stop turning the ball over.

Deserved or not though, if we go undefeated, I'd obviously like the Badgers to get that shot.

Going undefeated is still a tall order though, so we'll have to wait and see.
                          I very much see your point. But it's not as if the SEC has the same general issue. And it's not as if any other SEC team other than Bama and Georgia are lighting up the nation this year. But they get extra credit for the same of getting extra credit. Just like every other darned year.

Anyway, if you manage to run the table, they will be in the playoffs. And who knows, maybe you are better than you think. Or the other teams who are ahead are not as good as everyone else thinks.

Mind you, I don't want you to run the table- I want to win in two weeks

Comment

According to The Wall Street Journal, with two weeks left in the football season, it is theoretically possible for the Ivy League season to end with a seven-way tie for first place.

In this scenario, the seven teams—Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn, Princeton and Yale—would finish tied at 4-3. They could all raise banners and claim to be conference champions. Meanwhile, poor Brown would be 0-7.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              According to The Wall Street Journal, with two weeks left in the football season, it is theoretically possible for the Ivy League season to end with a seven-way tie for first place.
                              And that at least would be a true tie, where the head-to-heads would also all be ties.

It incenses me that the Ivies do not at least include h2h as a first tiebreaker. If x and y finish tied and x beat y, x is the champion and I don't want to hear boo against it.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                It's also still mathematically possible for Rutgers to win the Big Ten East.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X