Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

My playoff:

Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Stanford.

Alabama National Title winner.

Interested to see Iowa tomorrow. Solid on both lines of scrimmage, unknown at QB, young talent at WR and DB. 8-4 is my prediction.

Excited to be back at Kinnick Stadium tomorrow.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Rutgers hanging in there with Washington and Lane Kiffin's squad making a lot of errors against Navy.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I figured Wisconsin would turn this around, but I figured it would take more than 6 minutes of game time.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

All the Michigan fans I know are saying this is The Year.

Beat Ohio State and we'll talk.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

Lose a dozen guys to the NFL draft including almost the entire defense and it's "the year"?

They don't recruit like Alabama or Ohio State, so I heavily doubt that
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

Harbaugh was a bit underwhelming with the talent he had the last two seasons, and it's not getting any easier this year. Tough schedule and young core. 9-3 would be a great season for them, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Lose a dozen guys to the NFL draft including almost the entire defense and it's "the year"?

To be fair, they've been saying this is The Year for the past few years.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

They recruit like Bama and OSU, just haven't for 4+ years like those other two schools have recently.

Wisconsin bounced back nicely, but they were terrible for 24 minutes of that game.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Tough schedule and young core. 9-3 would be a great season for them, to be honest.
                    This. They play Florida at a "neutral" venue today, then still have to play @ Penn State and @ Wisconsin. They at least get Ohio State at home, but those will be 4 very difficult games. TBF, I don't follow Michigan closely at all, so I could very well be missing something, but I would have to think that 9-3 would be a pretty good season for Michigan.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      17 pts vs Buffalo doesn't give me a lot of confidence for this season. But a win is a win.
                      Well, they should be able to go 3-0 in non-conference to start. Maryland and Purdue are not expected to do much, so a 5-0 start should bump up the Gophers' confidence plenty in the next few weeks. If they get by Michigan State at home, Illinois should be no problem. That would be 7-0. Now, they'll probably lose the last 5, but hey...7-5 will get them in the Epson Starfruit Bowl against West Virginia.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        This. They play Florida at a "neutral" venue today, then still have to play @ Penn State and @ Wisconsin. They at least get Ohio State at home, but those will be 4 very difficult games. TBF, I don't follow Michigan closely at all, so I could very well be missing something, but I would have to think that 9-3 would be a pretty good season for Michigan.
                        Florida has 10 guys suspended for today's game, including their top receiver and top running back. Plus they've got massive issues at QB. I think 9-3 is probably spot-on for Michigan this year.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

UAB football returns to action today.

Comment

Watching UM vs. UF. Waiting for the announcers to say that this guy "made the tackle by Chance"
                            "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                            Groucho Marx
                            "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                            Ron White
                            "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                            Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                              Watching UM vs. UF. Waiting for the announcers to say that this guy "made the tackle by Chance"
                              Florida might put up more points than yards of total offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Florida has 10 guys suspended for today's game, including their top receiver and top running back. Plus they've got massive issues at QB. I think 9-3 is probably spot-on for Michigan this year.
                                In horse racing it's known as handicapping.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X