Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    For all the talk about resume and schedule, it's really simple. If you're a Power 5, have as few losses as possible.
    I tend to agree, although I would note that it probably only applies to the traditional blue bloods of college football. If Wake Forest goes 11-1, they aren't getting in over a 2-loss Ohio State.

ETA: I'm also surprised that Wisconsin stayed ahead of Southern Cal...which supports your argument as well. Not so sure that Wisconsin is "unequivocally" better than the Trojans.
    Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 12-03-2017, 11:55 AM.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Turn it over to the computers. Which ones? All of them:

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Turn it over to the computers. Which ones? All of them:

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm
        FWIW, of the 47 rankings listed there, Ohio State is ahead of Alabama in 24 of them (Alabama is ahead in 23).

That being said, and as I noted last night, I would rank Ohio State ahead of Alabama. I've always thought it makes more sense to judge a team based on who they beat as opposed to their losses.
        North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          FWIW, of the 47 rankings listed there, Ohio State is ahead of Alabama in 24 of them (Alabama is ahead in 23).

That being said, and as I noted last night, I would rank Ohio State ahead of Alabama. I've always thought it makes more sense to judge a team based on who they beat as opposed to their losses.
          I agree.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Might as well re-write the protocol for deciding between contending teams. Apparently "conference championships, SoS, etc" don't matter, because beating up on the red headed step children is the way to go (again).

Shrug, I hope Clemson hangs a 50 spot on Saban, then Dabo goes to the locker room after, gives the double pistols "Shooter baby!!", hits em with a dab on the way out.
            Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 12-03-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Shrug, I hope Clemson hangs a 50 spot on Saban, then Dabo goes to the locker room after, gives the double pistols "Shooter baby!!", hits em with a dab on the way out.
              For many reasons, I hope you are correct.
              North Dakota

Comment

RPICF had us at 187th last week; maybe we jumped to 4th.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Some of you might not like it but this thing will go to 6 or 8 teams at some point. Not sure when but two power five champs being left out for a 2nd SEC team with a weak resume in what people think was a down year for SEC? It's gonna happen. Jim Delaney and Larry Scott will only twiddle their thumbs for so long.

Comment

So Big 12 Champ Oklahoma will take on SEC Champ Georgia in the Rose Bowl (as part of the Playoff), while B1G Champ Ohio State will square off against Pac 12 Champ in the Cotton Bowl. Is it too late for to swap those games?
                    North Dakota

Comment

Purdue is playing the Foster Farms Bowl. There's a good joke somewhere there.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I don't think we want B1G teams to be awful when we are in the B1G. But, Nebraska can't get much worse so who cares.
                        I want all Big Ten teams to suck except my own. Period end of story.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          while B1G Champ Ohio State will square off against Pac 12 Champ in the Cotton Bowl.
                          Should we call it the "Yellow Rose of Texas Bowl"?

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            BC hockey(going to the Denver game tonight)won't be getting a sniff of the NCAA's but if the football team gets a warm weather bowl, don't care who they're playing, we're going.
                            if the football team gets a warm weather bowl, don't care who they're playing, we're going.
                            Playing Iowa in the Pinstripe Bowl in New York 2 days after Christmas ain't cutting it.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, and Bryce Love are the Heisman finalists.

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by french rage View Post
                                lamar jackson and bryce love are getting a trip to ny to watch baker mayfield win the heisman.
                                ftfy

Comment

Working...
                                X