Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 664

Thread: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

  1. #181
    NEVER DIE! ShirtlessBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop
    Posts
    38,471
    Sparty 14
    Weasels 10

    Final

    5 turnovers for the Weasels.

  2. #182
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    27,446

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Sparty 14
    Weasels 10

    Final

    5 turnovers for the Weasels.
    Mark Dantonio is 2-1 vs. Jim Harbaugh
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  3. #183
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    6,657

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    That was an ugly, ugly game. One team couldn't not turn it over and the other couldn't move the ball after first down. I wasn't sure it was possible to blow so many 2nd and 3's without getting a first down.

    They can't all be perfect though, I'll take it.. 2-0 in the Big Ten and Paul Bunyan is back in EL.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7


    Go State! Beat USA U18
    8-9-1 (2-7-1-1, 7th B1G)


    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  4. #184
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    6,657

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    In other State of Michigan news, Western beat Buffalo 71-68 in 7 overtimes. In the first OT a WMU player's sister was ejected after she ran onto the field and hugged her brother after he caught the tying TD. Resulted in a flag but luckily the kicker was still able to make the PAT.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7


    Go State! Beat USA U18
    8-9-1 (2-7-1-1, 7th B1G)


    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  5. #185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Southie
    Posts
    1,986

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Every year they have a "head scratching" loss. It's like Stoops never left.
    OU has lost 9 times in the past 7 years as a double digit favorite.
    A bad cause requires many words.

  6. #186
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,985

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    In other State of Michigan news, Western beat Buffalo 71-68 in 7 overtimes. In the first OT a WMU player's sister was ejected after she ran onto the field and hugged her brother after he caught the tying TD. Resulted in a flag but luckily the kicker was still able to make the PAT.
    Which was probably a more interesting game to watch- that second half we played wasn't exactly fun. You guys got a total of one first down (when it really mattered, one should add), and the only real excitement was all of the INT's that O'Korn threw. Other than that, not much happened.

    Whereas our western neighbor was part of a game that put up the most combined points in a FBS game ever. So fun that a Bronco sister got thrown out of the game for celebrating with her brother after a touchdown. Given how rarely MAC replays are done during a prime time game, that was a pretty big deal.

  7. #187
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    6,657

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Which was probably a more interesting game to watch- that second half we played wasn't exactly fun. You guys got a total of one first down (when it really mattered, one should add), and the only real excitement was all of the INT's that O'Korn threw. Other than that, not much happened.

    Whereas our western neighbor was part of a game that put up the most combined points in a FBS game ever. So fun that a Bronco sister got thrown out of the game for celebrating with her brother after a touchdown. Given how rarely MAC replays are done during a prime time game, that was a pretty big deal.
    Our play calling in the 2nd half was infuriating. Sweeps and runs out wide on first down for 6-8 yards, then get stuffed trying to go up the middle on 2nd and 3rd. Over, and over, and over. Just try the first down play on second down and see what happens! No reason to only win by four with a turnover margin of +5.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7


    Go State! Beat USA U18
    8-9-1 (2-7-1-1, 7th B1G)


    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,013

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Our play calling in the 2nd half was infuriating. Sweeps and runs out wide on first down for 6-8 yards, then get stuffed trying to go up the middle on 2nd and 3rd. Over, and over, and over. Just try the first down play on second down and see what happens! No reason to only win by four with a turnover margin of +5.
    Yeah but the Jedi mind tricks were on point

    https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/...26autosize%3D1

  9. #189
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    6,657

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Pairwise (link)
    1. UCF
    2. Bama
    3. Georgia
    4. Clemson

    5. Penn St.
    6. Navy
    7. Washington St.
    8. USC
    9. TCU
    10. Miami (FL)
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7


    Go State! Beat USA U18
    8-9-1 (2-7-1-1, 7th B1G)


    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Pairwise (link)
    1. UCF
    2. Bama
    3. Georgia
    4. Clemson

    5. Penn St.
    6. Navy
    7. Washington St.
    8. USC
    9. TCU
    10. Miami (FL)
    Go Navy!

  11. #191
    NEVER DIE! ShirtlessBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop
    Posts
    38,471
    AP top 5:

    1. Bama
    2. Clemson
    3. Pedo State
    4. Georgia
    5. Washington

    And Michigan falls to #17. Wazzu moves into the top 10.

  12. #192

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    55,173

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    AP top 5:

    1. Bama
    2. Clemson
    3. Pedo State
    4. Georgia
    5. Washington

    And Michigan falls to #17. Wazzu moves into the top 10.
    16. We comin' rougher.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  13. #193
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    10,729

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Clemson 4 minutes from being upset by Syracuse.

  14. #194
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    11,960

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Syracuse pulls it off, 27-24. Clemson trailed the entire game.

  15. #195

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Syracuse pulls it off, 27-24. Clemson trailed the entire game.
    Yeah, that was a cluster. I figured the kicker getting knocked out for the year would come back and bite the Tigers at some point this year...didn't think it would be against Syracuse. The D looked way off, and of course losing Bryant before half didn't help. Oh well. The Tigers still have everything to play for, and getting upset didn't seem to work out so poorly last year.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  16. #196
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Money line was +1300

  17. #197
    NEVER DIE! ShirtlessBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop
    Posts
    38,471
    Wazzu lost to Cal, but I'm not sure if it was a Coug It or if Cal dominated the whole way.

  18. #198
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    37,170

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Wazzu lost to Cal, but I'm not sure if it was a Coug It or if Cal dominated the whole way.
    lost is an understatement
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  19. #199
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    17,419
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Wazzu lost to Cal, but I'm not sure if it was a Coug It or if Cal dominated the whole way.
    Porque no los dos?

  20. #200
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    6,657

    Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Wazzu lost to Cal, but I'm not sure if it was a Coug It or if Cal dominated the whole way.
    More of a Clemsoning than a Coug since WSU never lead.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7


    Go State! Beat USA U18
    8-9-1 (2-7-1-1, 7th B1G)


    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •