Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    So far, that game does not look good.

But even 6-2 (if Michigan looses) will be better than the Sec. who won their first game today.
    You are welcome, Badgers.

Comment

• Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      You are welcome, Badgers.
      Uh-huh.

Just try not to let the rest of the conference down on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Uh-huh.

Just try not to let the rest of the conference down on Monday.

No pressure... Geez.

That game pretty much had to end any discussion of strength of schedule mattering that much. Based on the bowl games, Bucky's conference schedule was tough enough.

I was bummed at Miss St won, as they are showing the opposite rather nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          No pressure... Geez.

That game pretty much had to end any discussion of strength of schedule mattering that much. Based on the bowl games, Bucky's conference schedule was tough enough.

I was bummed at Miss St won, as they are showing the opposite rather nicely.
          So, what does a 7-0 run by the B1G mean to the folks who thought the conference was weak?
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
            So, what does a 7-0 run by the B1G mean to the folks who thought the conference was weak?
            I'm guessing: "7-0 prior to NYD is the equivalent of winning the NIT."
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Big Ten #1 vs Pac 12 #1
              Big Ten #2 vs ACC #2
              Big Ten #3 vs Pac 12 #3
              Big Ten #4 vs Pac 12 #4
              Big Ten #5 vs SEC #6
              Big Ten #6 vs SEC #5
              Big Ten #7 vs Pac 12 #6
              Big Ten #8 vs ACC #6

At the very least we learned the Big Ten was better than the Pac 12.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

David Shaw just won Coach of the Year

Stanford went 9-5, including a loss to San Diego State and two losses to Southern Cal.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Seriously?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Seriously?
                    http://www.espn.com/college-football...phy-coach-year
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The award honors scholarship, leadership and integrity, as well as success on the field.

Stanford has earned an Academic Progress Rating (APR) score of 985 and a graduation success rate of 96 percent under Shaw. Clemson, Duke, Northwestern and Wisconsin are the only other FBS teams to earn APR public recognition awards from the NCAA in each of the past four years.
                      That’s less controversial then.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The award honors scholarship, leadership and integrity, as well as success on the field.

Stanford has earned an Academic Progress Rating (APR) score of 985 and a graduation success rate of 96 percent under Shaw. Clemson, Duke, Northwestern and Wisconsin are the only other FBS teams to earn APR public recognition awards from the NCAA in each of the past four years.
                        Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        But three of the four schools mentioned, Clemson (11-1 regular season, national semifinalist), Wisconsin (11-1 regular season), and Northwestern (9-3 regular season) did as well or better.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          David Shaw just won Coach of the Year

Stanford went 9-5, including a loss to San Diego State and two losses to Southern Cal.
                          And wins over top 10 teams in UW and ND. And a division title. Also, the academic stuff. And probably it's a somewhat career recognition of where he's kept the program at with the academic constraints.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Also this:

"In the community, Shaw represents the Pac-12 on the AFCA Ethics Committee and is one of 18 individuals named to USA Football's newly created Football Advisory Committee. Last year, he was the only head football coach named to the NCAA Commission to Combat Campus Sexual Violence. In addition to his work with the commission, Shaw has been a leading advocate of the Set The Expectation program, aimed at working to end the culture of sexual assault and domestic violence among college and high school athletes. Stanford players became the first university in the country to sign the Set The Expectation student pledge, stating they would use their platforms to speak out against sexual assault and violence against women."
                            So basically, unlike the Heisman, this award actually considers integrity.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

RE: Clowny hit- in theory, it was a very hard, game changing, hit. But if that had happened a year later, he would have been ejected from the game for targeting. (recall that the crown of his helmet hit Smith's chin pretty squarely and directly.

Yet it's still considered one of the best moments in a football game.

Why is a hit that was likely to cause concussion damage still considered such a great hit? For a sport to really pretend to care about the players and hits, that play should not be highlighted as a good one. That's exactly what you don't want.

South Carolina could have won that game in some other way, so I'm not saying that it should have changed the result, nor is it that it was against Michigan (who I am a homer for). Even at the time, it could have been considered spearing- since he led with the crown of his helmet. It's a play that is very not allowed today (anywhere), yet is still hailed as something special. This sport makes no real progress.

Comment

• South Carolina is not doing well against Michigan, but Michigan only has 2 FG to show for it.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X