Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Kevin Sumlin to Arizona. Yay coaching musical chairs.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Clemson got some good news today for the 2018 season, as Clelin Ferrell, Austin Bryant, Kendall Joseph, and Mark Fields all announced they will return for next season. This follows up on Mitch Hyatt announcing his return earlier this week. The Tigers are still waiting for Christian Wilkins to make his decision, and Deon Cain already announced he will enter the NFL Draft. There is still a long way to go in the offseason and crazy things can happen, but Clemson looks like the early favorite to win the ACC and make their 4th straight Playoff appearance.
      Wilkins is staying too.

I’m shocked. Hyatt had a rough time against the NFL caliber players he faced in the Sugar Bowl , but Ferrell, Bryant, and Wilkins were projected as first rounders, so they had little to gain NFL-wise by staying another year. Clemson’s D-Line could be near NFL caliber next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
        Wilkins is staying too.

I’m shocked. Hyatt had a rough time against the NFL caliber players he faced in the Sugar Bowl , but Ferrell, Bryant, and Wilkins were projected as first rounders, so they had little to gain NFL-wise by staying another year. Clemson’s D-Line could be near NFL caliber next year.
        Very glad to see Wilkins coming back. I'm pretty stunned (but thrilled) that our D guys are coming back. They don't have all that much left to prove at the collegiate level.

Hyatt had a bad game in the semifinal for sure, but he would have been drafted...probably late second day. He was probably Clemson's best offensive lineman on a pretty good O-line. I thought He was gone for sure. He could very well be a first rounder in 2019.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

It appears Bryce Love has not entered into the NFL Draft...

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Can a college player, after the draft, sign with an agent and become a free agent?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              It appears Bryce Love has not entered into the NFL Draft...
              Heading back to Stanford.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                Heading back to Stanford.
                Keeping up the Stanford tradition of finishing 2nd in the Heisman.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Keeping up the Stanford tradition of finishing 2nd in the Heisman.
                  Always the bridesman, never the Heisman.

KDR

Comment

Wazzou player found dead from apparent suicide: https://***********/StefanieLoh/stat...77651489996801

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Can a college player, after the draft, sign with an agent and become a free agent?
                      WAG would say no

Otherwise it would have been done numerous times
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So Stephan Taylor DID cross the goal line! http://www.espn.com/college-football...d-wins-2012-13

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          So Stephan Taylor DID cross the goal line! http://www.espn.com/college-football...d-wins-2012-13
                          Is that about when we murdered that Declan idiot, or when we drove that rape victim to suicide?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Is that about when we murdered that Declan idiot, or when we drove that rape victim to suicide?
                            Nah, they had a trainer do homework for the players.

Must have been blatantly obvious, like the trainer personally turned in a paper to the professor who hates athletics or something.
                            I assumed that that sort of thing happens all the way from DIII on up.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Nah, they had a trainer do homework for the players.

Must have been blatantly obvious, like the trainer personally turned in a paper to the professor who hates athletics or something.
                              I assumed that that sort of thing happens all the way from DIII on up.
                              Every factory school, yes. I TA'd at Stanford and my best friend did the same at Duke. The presumptive "put the student in student-athlete" schools. Cheating was rampant and the kids were dumb as rocks, and totally entitled -- they knew they didn't have to go to class or study. And this was in non-revenue sports like gymnastics and tennis -- I can't even begin to imagine what a sham football and basketball are.

My assumption is every FBS school is a complete and utter joke except the three service academies.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you love oars, anthracite, and almost no gold, you'll love Minnesota's new jerseys.

https://***********/kare11/status/965964521386008577
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X