Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Joke's on Mayfield when he becomes the Browns' 78th QB in the last 8 years.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Florida State goes from a guy named Jimbo to a guy named Willie
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Florida State goes from a guy named Jimbo to a guy named Willie
        So now Oregon needs a coach.

Mike Bloomgren, OC at Stanford, to be HC at Rice.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          So Big 12 Champ Oklahoma will take on SEC Champ Georgia in the Rose Bowl (as part of the Playoff), while B1G Champ Ohio State will square off against Pac 12 Champ in the Cotton Bowl. Is it too late for to swap those games?
          I'll preface this by acknowledging that I love the Rose Bowl: The stadium, the parade and the whole works. But I also have to say I rather like the idea of playing USC at a genuinely neutral site.

Comment

SMU football coach Chad Morris to Arkansas.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Huh. I admit I know nothing about him but it sounds a bit underwhelming of a hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                SMU football coach Chad Morris to Arkansas.
                Former Clemson Offensive Coordinator. He helped Dabo really spark the Tiger's resurgence to the national scene.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Kevin Sumlin is said to be the favorite for the Oregon job. The Oregon job that is free because Willie Taggart took the FSU job. The FSU job that was free because Jimbo Fisher took the A&M job. The A&M job that was free because they let go Kevin Sumlin. Yes, that's a circle.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Kevin Sumlin is said to be the favorite for the Oregon job. The Oregon job that is free because Willie Taggart took the FSU job. The FSU job that was free because Jimbo Fisher took the A&M job. The A&M job that was free because they let go Kevin Sumlin. Yes, that's a circle.
                    Apparently they’ve picked Mario Cristobal instead.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well written article with an interesting premise.

tl; dr: Unlike any other D-1 schools, the players in the Army / Navy actually go on to do other things in their lives which CTE compromises, so we should see the academies cancel football first.

My prediction is:

1. D3 (medical)
                      2. The Ivies (medical)
                      3. The Academies (medical)
                      4. D2 (insurance)
                      5. The private schools (insurance)
                      6. The Blue State public universities (insurance)

The Iron Bowl will still be being played in the year 2525.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 12-09-2017, 09:53 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

tl; dr: Unlike any other D-1 schools, the players in the Army / Navy actually go on to do other things in their lives with CTE compromises, so we should see the academies cancel football first.

My prediction is:

1. D3 (medical)
                        2. The Ivies (medical)
                        4. D2 (insurance)

An interim solution may be to require that the only legal tackle is a rugby tackle (wrapped up and brought to the ground), forced out of bounds or giving oneself up.

The throwing your body at your opponent is not healthy and should be penalized. You'd be allowed one (yellow card). The 2nd gets you tossed.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

In addition to the question of who will win, Army or Navy, the other question for today's game is, will Army pass the ball at all? They've gone without a pass in 3 wins so far this year.

KDR

Comment

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0Q_Und3ZuiA/maxresdefault.jpg
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

tl; dr: Unlike any other D-1 schools, the players in the Army / Navy actually go on to do other things in their lives which CTE compromises, so we should see the academies cancel football first.

My prediction is:

1. D3 (medical)
                              2. The Ivies (medical)
                              4. D2 (insurance)

Unfortunately, we will not be able to discuss the accuracy of your prediction on this board. By the time colleges & universities start eliminating football programs, USCHO Café will no longer exist because college hockey will not exist. Wrestling and hockey have higher rates of concussions per participant than football does and bring in waaaaaaaaaaay less $$$. Guess who will get the axe first?
                              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                              Groucho Marx
                              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                              Ron White
                              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                              Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                                Unfortunately, we will not be able to discuss the accuracy of your prediction on this board. By the time colleges & universities start eliminating football programs, USCHO Café will no longer exist because college hockey will not exist. Wrestling and hockey have higher rates of concussions per participant than football does and bring in waaaaaaaaaaay less $$$. Guess who will get the axe first?
                                This assumes that the big concussive hits are what cause CTE, rather than the repeated lesser blows that football players (and especially linemen) receive every freaking play.

I bet within 10 years, the 3 point stance in football is eliminated and all players will have to start from a standing position.

Comment

Working...
                                X