Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2017-18: Now with more CTE!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Wow. He was a massive failure there. One of the big up and comers. Didn’t he come out of CSU?
    Two division titles. His failure is that to a program that had Spurrier and Meyer, they were boring.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• AP top 5:

1. Bama
      2. Georgia
      3. Ohio State
      4. Wisconsin
      5. Notre Dame
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        AP top 5:

1. Bama
        2. Georgia
        3. Ohio State
        4. Wisconsin
        5. Notre Dame
        It will be interesting to see how this poll compares with the Playoff rankings that come out Tuesday. Of the top three 1-loss teams, Ohio State has the best win, Notre Dame has the best loss, and Clemson has the strongest schedule. At the end of the day, if they all three win out, they will probably make the playoff. However, it will be interesting to see how the committee ranks them at this point in the season.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          It will be interesting to see how this poll compares with the Playoff rankings that come out Tuesday. Of the top three 1-loss teams, Ohio State has the best win, Notre Dame has the best loss, and Clemson has the strongest schedule. At the end of the day, if they all three win out, they will probably make the playoff. However, it will be interesting to see how the committee ranks them at this point in the season.
          Only like a third of teams from 1st ranking actually have made the playoff.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Only like a third of teams from 1st ranking actually have made the playoff.
            2014 Initial Playoff Rankings:
            1. Mississippi State (finished 7th)
            2. Florida State (finished 3rd - made playoff)
            3. Auburn (finished 19th)
            4. Mississippi (finished 9th)

1 out of 4. Alabama (6th); Oregon (5th); and Ohio State (16th) eventually made the playoff

2015 Initial Playoff Rankings:
            1. Clemson (finished 1st - made playoff)
            2. LSU (finished 20th)
            3. Ohio State (finished 7th)
            4. Alabama (finished 2nd - made playoff)

2 out of 4. Michigan State (7th) and Oklahoma (15th) eventually made playoff.

2016 Initial Playoff Rankings:
            1. Alabama (finished 1st - made playoff)
            2. Clemson (finished 2nd - made playoff)
            3. Michigan (finished 6th)
            4. Texas A&M (finished UR)

2 out of 4 again. Ohio State (6th) and Washington (5th) eventually made the playoff.

So, the initial rankings got 5/12 correct. 10/12 were ranked in the top 7 in the initial ranking. Each initial ranking had at least 2 SEC teams (and 2017 will almost certainly be no different), yet the actual playoff has never had more than 1 SEC team make it (and I would venture to guess that 2017 will be no different).
            North Dakota

Comment

5 teams have been ranked in every Playoff ranking (Top 25; 19 total rankings since 2014): Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, the Criminoles, and....UTAH!!!! Two of those five will miss out on making it a perfect 20/20.
              North Dakota

Comment

All that to tell me i was right? 😀
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  All that to tell me i was right? ��
                  I just found it interesting. Also, it was closer to 1/2 than 1/3.

ETA: To break it down a bit further, all of the ACC teams to have been listed in the initial ranking have made the playoff. Zero of the B1G teams listed in the initial rankings made the playoff. SEC teams are 2/7.
                  Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 10-29-2017, 05:12 PM.
                  North Dakota

Comment

35-20 isn’t as bad as Ohio State’s uniforms.
                    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Hadn't actually seen tOSU's until the replay. Good God, kill it with fire. Those are Michigan-level bad.
                    Originally posted by CLS View Post
                    Thought I could get away from the stupid color rush stuff by avoiding the NFL on Thursday night. But it's invaded the colleges on Saturday...
                    Well, we've got ourselves a true rarity. An opportunity to hold up Maurice Clarett as a clear-headed role model:

Originally posted by Maurice Clarett
                    When you go in the locker room and your focus is 'looking cute' then your focus is off. Put on the regular uni and bang out.
                    Was at the Stadium last night. I agree with all of the critiques. As far as I'm concerned, the normal Scarlet Red home uniforms are awesome, and shouldn't be replaced with alternate colors and styles -- especially in the biggest games.

But I've got a problem. As does Maurice. And I'm guessing it's shared by everyone I've quoted. The problem is we're getting old. Word is that the current players -- at numerous schools -- love the special occasion jerseys. Last night I saw a number of them in crowd. And I'm guessing that 100% of the gray jerseys I saw in the stands were worn by fans under age 25.

There's a generation gap on this issue. Sadly, that usually ends badly for those on the older side of the divide. I'm sorry to say it, but we better get used to the alternates.

Comment

One more on the uniforms:

Originally posted by Tim May/Columbus Dispatch
                      The rally from down 28-10 will go down as of one of Ohio State's great victories, even if it was in those gray uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        I just found it interesting. Also, it was closer to 1/2 than 1/3.
                        So you're telling me that 5/12 is closer to 6/12 than it is to 4/12?

Comment

Pairwise Week 9 (link)
                          1. Georgia
                          2. UCF
                          3. Penn St
                          4. Alabama

5. Wisconsin
                          6. Clemson
                          7. Notre Dame
                          8. Memphis
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            So you're telling me that 5/12 is closer to 6/12 than it is to 4/12?
                            I'm not sure how many more smileys I needed to do to show it was a joke.

North Dakota

Comment

Not enough
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not enough
                                ****. Well...I tried. Do you think I got 1/2 way there, or was it closer to 1/3?
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X