This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

I was at a wedding and away from the news all day. What did I miss?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      I was at a wedding and away from the news all day. What did I miss?
      John Wilkes Booth has been rehabilitated.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Bannon thread on FReep is fantastic. They've been at each others' throats all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Who sacked 'mucci after an untoward interview? Kelley.
          Who sacked Bannon after an untoward interview? ... Kelley.
          Who built the pyramids?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            You posted that the only difference between the two groups in Charleston is that one supported whites, the other everyone else.

These are the words you posted

Which says that the difference is all about race.

And I'm pointing out that a higher difference is FOR equal rights vs AGAINST equal rights.

That's what you posted, if you posted words that you didn't mean, why did you post them?
            Mookie's 'sides' were not the VA peeps. Apologies if it confused y'all - see it was easy to assume
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Mookie's 'sides' were not the VA peeps. Apologies if it confused y'all - see it was easy to assume
              Then very sorry back for the misunderstanding. We are all a little on edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                I don't think you make Warren look conservative at all. If anything, you're obviously to the right of her on economics and drugs.

It all has to do with tone and style.
                Rover is to the right of Mookie!!!

Rover is against bringing back glass steagall

Comment

Watching MSNBC, interesting that the question of 25th Amendment, Section 4 keeps coming up.

Over, under about that?

Given the ratcheting up of people abandoning dump, and his increase in anger- I'm thinking that Christmas is when we see President Pence. Or at least someone other that dump. He's going to be unhinged, and I Kelly may have to do something to contain him. Especially if NK gets worse.

Comment

Huma is hot

(Thank you New York post daily email)

Comment

Tucker Carlson looks like he wants to cry.

Fun at CNN and MSNBC, sadness at Faux.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        Give me a break. On a national level, minorities are not even close to being represented on campus,
                        One of those things everybody knows must be true... so it's the kind of thing I tend to question.

2010 Census has the following US Demographics:

White- 63.7%

Black -12.2%

Hispanic/Latino - 16.3%

Asian - 4.7%

The National Center for Education Statistics has the following Demographic breakdown for 2014 students enrolled in college:

White- 58%

Black- 14%

Hispanic/Latino - 17%

Asian- 7%

So if that's correct, it seems like minorities are a little over represented and whites a little under.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Tucker Carlson looks like he wants to cry.

Fun at CNN and MSNBC, sadness at Faux.
                          Wow, 10min of that was too much. Too many excuses and apologies. They seem to think that dump said meant actual policies. Can't they tell by now that dump has zero agenda? He's done nothing to do anything at all in congress. Nothing. They think that he's going to actually do work and promote some kind of agenda that is going to revive the coal, steel, and whatever other thing that is in decline.

Lest we forget, when dump wanted to look into unfair steel dumping into the US to save US jobs, imports INCREASED to the US. Not decreased, no increased jobs, more money left this country.

These guys are delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            They are about both. That is the beautiful thing about the real world things have multiple meanings. These are racist icons and are symbols of a bunch of traitors. (many of whom where...wait for it...RACISTS!!) This isnt rocket science.
                            That's why I said "mostly."

And that is also why I ask, in a serious tone, not a mocking one (as Trump did), where is the line? Honest question. Are there other memorials/statues that will be torn down in the future? If so, who and why? Are there "untouchables?" If so, why? Do certain people get a pass because of the position they held, or level of importance in American history? What if they were all the racist for a while, then changed their views?

I really would like to hear people's input. It's a sticky and difficult subject to discuss for obvious reasons, but IMO, it needs to be discussed. I mentioned earlier, and I agreed with you, that Lake Calhoun's name change was silly (for those not in the know, a local lake was reverted back to the Native American name, because of Calhoun's racism). I don't think this practice will end, but there will be a line drawn. I am curious as to where everyone thinks society will draw that line?
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Watching MSNBC, interesting that the question of 25th Amendment, Section 4 keeps coming up.

Over, under about that?

Given the ratcheting up of people abandoning dump, and his increase in anger- I'm thinking that Christmas is when we see President Pence. Or at least someone other that dump. He's going to be unhinged, and I Kelly may have to do something to contain him. Especially if NK gets worse.
                              Congress has to agree to it, and the way I read it, Trump could just keep filing written declarations to re-assume his powers, and make them vote on it every 21 days for the rest of his term. So, it's a sloppy way to go about it. Also, I don't think Trump fits the definition. None of his issues (stupidity, bellicosity, narcissism, racism) are mentally or physically incapacitating to the point that he's unable to carry out the duties of office. They also aren't crimes.

Either Mueller builds a criminal case that they can use to impeach him, or we're stuck with him through 2020. I do however, suspect that "The Generals" have a verbal agreement with enough members of the rest of the cabinet that if Trump orders a preemptive nuclear strike because Lil Kim says something that hurts his fee-fees, they have the majority needed to Article 25 him immediately, so they can temporarily avert the crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                That's why I said "mostly."

And that is also why I ask, in a serious tone, not a mocking one (as Trump did), where is the line? Honest question. Are there other memorials/statues that will be torn down in the future? If so, who and why? Are there "untouchables?" If so, why? Do certain people get a pass because of the position they held, or level of importance in American history? What if they were all the racist for a while, then changed their views?

I really would like to hear people's input. It's a sticky and difficult subject to discuss for obvious reasons, but IMO, it needs to be discussed. I mentioned earlier, and I agreed with you, that Lake Calhoun's name change was silly (for those not in the know, a local lake was reverted back to the Native American name, because of Calhoun's racism). I don't think this practice will end, but there will be a line drawn. I am curious as to where everyone thinks society will draw that line?
                                This all comes out in negotiation between the different groups in our country. Each of our lines will be different -- the national consensus will be the line, and it will always be fluid. Popular sovereignty is messy, but it's the best system we have so far.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X