X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Bannon thinks he can use Priebus to 'get' Kushner.
    Trump and Bannon are like the Mob...once you make the pact with them you are either in for life or they will cut your throat. (and they are never loyal even though they demand loyalty) Trump should have never brought Bannon on in the first place but the second he chose his idiot SIL (A JEW!!!!!!) over Bannon it was all hands on deck. Bannon is going to have a field day leaking stuff. The amount of money he is going to make Breitbart (and other news agencies) is going to be hilarious. He knows how to push Trump's buttons and he also knows all the dirt...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Trump and Bannon are like the Mob...once you make the pact with them you are either in for life or they will cut your throat. (and they are never loyal even though they demand loyalty) Trump should have never brought Bannon on in the first place but the second he chose his idiot SIL (A JEW!!!!!!) over Bannon it was all hands on deck. Bannon is going to have a field day leaking stuff. The amount of money he is going to make Breitbart (and other news agencies) is going to be hilarious. He knows how to push Trump's buttons and he also knows all the dirt...
      I would agree.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

He knows how to push Trump's buttons
        This is the key. Bannon is an execrable human being, but he does understand how the game is played. He's Roger Ailes without the, um, charm?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He knows how to push Trump's buttons and he also knows all the dirt...
          And what he doesn't know he is willing to make up.

btw. J. Edgar is thought of as the ultimate dirtsmith. What was his rep on making shyt up?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            By them doing that, they insulted the intelligence of their viewers and they made an issue of something that isn't an issue to begin with.

That the extent of *my* "outrage." I think ESPN should have just let him do the game, and not even bring it up.
            Wait, you are "outraged" over the fact that ESPN is allegedly trying to be sensitive to both some viewers and one of it's broadcasters?

Wow.

It's REALLY funny how people get so upset over simple things like "insulting your intelligence" but somehow have difficulty understanding that people get offended by symbols of slavery and opression.

What's up with that?

Is THAT the only reason people are up in arms over this? That's it?

Comment

That sure was a well-thought-out rebuttal using reason and intelligence.
              As if ANY of your or drew's have any actual reason or intelligence...

Holy cow, some of you guys really amaze me.

Being politically correct is bad, moreso when someone else freely does it.

Again, it's amazing to see your politically correctness because of actions of someone else you claim are politically correct. You *FEEL* offended.

The double standard is just shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Us Mainers are VERY sensitive. Please be nicer to me from now on. Thank you in advance.
                You live in Mass. You aren't a Mainer anymore.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

So, it sounds like the Phoenix rally was the usual. Totally unscripted, still butthurt that he lost the popular vote, still dogwhistling to neo-Nazis ("They're taking away our history and our heritage!"), still promising to "Build the Wall", still whining about "fake news" (lugenpresse - look it up), etc.

EDIT: Oh, and he trashed both McCain and Flake without saying their names, which he said was "very Presidential" .

You can pretty much read the executive summary, with fact checking, here.
                  It took just one day to be go from somewhat presidential to very much not.

Given dumps need to have a cheering crowd for him, it's amazing, again, the parallels with the '30s. dump put zero effort into actually leading this country, but puts it all into people cheering for him.

If he want's his agenda- work for it.

That last line reminds me of a lot of the people dishing out blame for them not being successful. dump is a LOT like many of his supporters- not willing to work, and then blaming others for his failures. Plus bullying his opponents. No wonder he gets so much support.

Comment

He has the same name as a long-dead general. That's it. You're basically saying that the area is full of stupid people that might be offended by a common name. Pretty snow-flakey if you ask me.
                    As opposed to those getting offended that they made the change in the first place. Yep, pretty snow-flakey.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      And a half full room (you can hear him speak in the last second or two
                      https://twitter.com/davecatanese/sta...97010996772864
                      Boy, that crowd was fired up!!!

Comment

Rover obviously knocked off and hit the bar early today, as he's again looking to have the same fight where there isn't one to be had. Calling Hillary mean names had nothing to do with Democrats not turning out for her. Hillary fcked it up for herself by campaigning in red states, when she should've been campaigning to save the "Blue Wall", where Kellyanne Conway told Dump to spend most of October. It worked for him, and she scored a victory for the plutes.

Hillary had mediocre strategists, terrible tacticians, and therefore ran a doomed campaign. Rover, you know that the conscience of every left-leaning poster in these threads is clean - we all voted for her. Now, get over it and have yourself another rum & Coke before you stroke out.
                        Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Clinton is a done deal. However, will the attitude prevail that if we don't get 100% of what we want we'll either not vote or broadcast to the world that we've been dragged into the voting booth kicking and screaming? Sadly when I look at the left right now I see the same people making the same mistakes, and I shudder at Trump post re-election with absolutely nothing to restrain him. The right is playing for keeps. The left? Not so much.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          As if ANY of your or drew's have any actual reason or intelligence...

Holy cow, some of you guys really amaze me.

Being politically correct is bad, moreso when someone else freely does it.

Again, it's amazing to see your politically correctness because of actions of someone else you claim are politically correct. You *FEEL* offended.

The double standard is just shocking.
                          I don't think me, Brent, or anyone on this board is personally offended. We just think it's a crazy decision to make. It's an early season non-conference college football game that is being broadcast online. How many people actually watch? Maybe 50k? The game is being played in Charlottesville and one would think that a lot of the local fans would go if they're interested.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Worst President of all time.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Clinton is a done deal. However, will the attitude prevail that if we don't get 100% of what we want we'll either not vote or broadcast to the world that we've been dragged into the voting booth kicking and screaming? Sadly when I look at the left right now I see the same people making the same mistakes, and I shudder at Trump post re-election with absolutely nothing to restrain him. The right is playing for keeps. The left? Not so much.
                              I was listening to Mark Thompson on Make it Plain (XM) coming in this morning and he was saying the same thing, so I'll take you seriously that this is a common worry for Democratic moderates.

In my opinion, it is a greatly exaggerated issue. I am not sold on the thesis that a lot of Democrats stayed away from Hillary because she was toxic, but even if they did she no longer matters and the negatives that surrounded her are not operant going forward. There will be a spectrum of Democratic candidates from corporate-friendly to worker-friendly, and obviously moderates will prefer the former and liberals the latter during the nomination phase. But they will all be relatively near the midpoint of the spectrum. Hillary and Bernie were outliers at each extreme so there was bound to be an issue knitting the party together. That chasm won't repeat. Corey Booker is say +4 corporate and, well frankly there's really nobody out there on the pro-worker side -- the best we have is a Franken at around the midpoint. So we'll be patching a 4-point gap, not a 20-point gap.

If you are worried that the Bernie insults of Hillary were demoralizing then I encourage you to also self-examine and see that your insults of liberals are likewise counterproductive if the goal is a united party.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 08-23-2017, 07:49 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                I don't think me, Brent, or anyone on this board is personally offended. We just think it's a crazy decision to make. It's an early season non-conference college football game that is being broadcast online. How many people actually watch? Maybe 50k? The game is being played in Charlottesville and one would think that a lot of the local fans would go if they're interested.
                                So why bring it up?

Why accuse ESPN for bringing out the PC police?

Normally, when something doesn't bother me, I don't bother to mention it.

And you can't actually explain in real words why it's so crazy to even attempt to not make someone angry. That's a total mystery to me. It is REALLY crazy to not try to upset people? Really? That's rather insane, to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X