X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Does he ever think about anything other than himself? I'd be surprised if he cares very much either way.
    That's true, but he is a vicious and insecure bully. Racism is a natural fit for him for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      That's true, but he is a vicious and insecure bully. Racism is a natural fit for him for that reason.
      It's also the air he breathed growing up with his father and with Roy Cohn.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Well, it's continuing, submitted without comment, but relevant to my questions in this thread:

http://nbc4i.com/2017/08/19/proteste...lumbus-statue/
        Columbus protests have been going on since the 1970s.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You don't have to answer this if you don't want, and there is no hidden agenda here, but keeping Washington/Jefferson, is that due to their relevance in American history, do you think (in terms of the general populace's thoughts, not you personally)?
          Their relevance to American history. W & J are about the birth of a nation. The rebel "heroes" the white supremacists are trying to save are about The Birth of A Nation.
          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
            I didn't think so at first. I just thought he was a craven opportunist.

The thing is, one group (alt-right) seeks ends that are reprehensible. The alt-left, as you seem to define them, seeks to obtain a good end (stop hate groups) by using the wrong means. There is an important difference there, IMO.
            I guess call me "alt-left" because I absolutely advocate for violence against Nazis. And let's not fool ourselves that's what these "alt-right" folks are. These idiots absolutely believe in their superiority and the only to quiet them is to challenge their superiority, and you can't challenge them on an intellectual level. They're emboldened because they have their guy in power so they think their revolution has begun so we've got to stop it. Nothing shuts up a white supremacist faster than another white guy knocking them down and standing over them. You want them to be in fear, saying to themselves "nobody listens."

Sometimes you have to remind the betas that they are not the alpha.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              I guess call me "alt-left" because I absolutely advocate for violence against Nazis. And let's not fool ourselves that's what these "alt-right" folks are. These idiots absolutely believe in their superiority and the only to quiet them is to challenge their superiority, and you can't challenge them on an intellectual level. They're emboldened because they have their guy in power so they think their revolution has begun so we've got to stop it. Nothing shuts up a white supremacist faster than another white guy knocking them down and standing over them. You want them to be in fear, saying to themselves "nobody listens."

Studies or anecdotal evidence?

I think many of them are cowards, and that is why they dress up with camo and guns and cover their faces. They have histories of abuse and neglect and speak out only from the cover of groups. You are probably right that you can't challenge them (directly) on an intellectual level, but using violence to oppose them only reaffirms their sick message.

Now, with gopher fans your approach is the only way to go.
              Last edited by burd; 08-19-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Columbus protests have been going on since the 1970s.
                Columbus was a miserable cur of a human being. I can't think of any good reason to continue honoring him with a statue, especially since he didn't discover America. Now, that doesn't mean we need to go re-naming the cities, mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Their relevance to American history. W & J are about the birth of a nation. The rebel "heroes" the white supremacists are trying to save are about The Birth of A Nation.
                  And that is one of the things I was wondering with my original questions. In your opinion, the general populace will draw the line at relevance in U.S. history. That's the line.

And I know about protests against Columbus, but I don't recall it being this aggressive. Maybe I'm wrong.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Not cool. They have a right to speak their thoughts. Now, I'd love to have a few rounds in the ring with them, but that is not the country we live in, and I'm thankful for that. We can say what we want to say and speak what we want to speak.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Studies or anecdotal evidence?
                      Anecdotal. I've never hid the fact I've decked a few white supremacists in my time (Wasilla exists unfortunately). Quite frankly, it's easier for the white guy in the group to get away with it.

And sadly the race of the person giving them a pop in the face does matter. If a Black or Hispanic guy does it then they've gotten what they wanted. If a White guy does it and goes off with a mixed race group it completely shatters their world.

And for evidence I'd point to Richard Spencer who's known for two things, being a nazi and this:
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Not cool. They have a right to speak their thoughts. Now, I'd love to have a few rounds in the ring with them, but that is not the country we live in, and I'm thankful for that. We can say what we want to say and speak what we want to speak.
                        Speech, like every other action, has consequences. Advocate for the subjugation of people based on the color of their skin, you're gonna get punched in the face.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

That's what I was thinking in the beginning...now? I don't. Given his comments (or lack thereof) over the last few months...I think he's racist; kind of like that person who says "I'm not racist, I have black friends!" That type.
                          I think that's Bannon talking. Worked for him in the primaries. I'm thinking maybe after all this backlash over Charlottesville, Trumpy's starting to figure out that maybe, just perhaps, there's a majority of people in this country who don't think the way Bannon on the campaign trail and in the WH told him people think. After all, all Trumpy wants is the people to worship him. And make a chitload of money off them in the process.

I'm thinking that a lot of this white nationalism/white supremacy crap we've been hearing from him is gonna go away. I think we may have already seen a bit of that in his tweets about Boston. Maybe I'm just deluding myself, maybe I'm writing my own "is this the moment Trumpy becomes presidential?" column, I don't know.
                          Last edited by rufus; 08-19-2017, 07:36 PM.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Speech, like every other action, has consequences. Advocate for the subjugation of people based on the color of their skin, you're gonna get punched in the face.
                            I agree there are consequences. Like in Boston where thousands displayed their disagreement. Peacefully. And people have gotten fired because they were pro-whitey in Charlottesville. And disowned by their families for the same reason. But they still have a right to speak their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              I think that's Bannon talking. Worked for him in the primaries. I'm thinking maybe after all this backlash over Charlottesville, Trumpy's starting to figure out that maybe, just perhaps, there's a majority of people in this country who don't think the way Bannon on the campaign trail and in the WH told him people think. After all, all Trumpy wants is the people to worship him.

I'm thinking that a lot of this white nationalism/white supremacy crap we've been hearing from him is gonna go away. I think we may have already seen a bit of that in his tweets about Boston. Maybe I'm just deluding myself, maybe I'm writing my own "is this the moment Trumpy becomes presidential?" column, I don't know.
                              Interesting thoughts (no sarcasm). I guess we have to wait and see...I just hope nothing really drastic happens in the meantime. I really hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I agree there are consequences. Like in Boston where thousands displayed their disagreement. Peacefully. And people have gotten fired because they were pro-whitey in Charlottesville. And disowned by their families for the same reason. But they still have a right to speak their mind.
                                I absolutely agree they have a right to speak their minds, they can go ahead. If they put any action to those words, they're getting punched in the face.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X