X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    He's certainly worth spending the money. The federal fiscal year ends 09/30 so it's not like there is a lot longer to go.
    You're not even a good troll.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I was talking to someone who works for the federal government the other day and he said they're gearing up for a shutdown.
      Which will destroy the economy.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Given the current standards of the day by the easily offended but unharmed, I think that the Washington Post should be a prime target for closure.

---------

tD us doing wonders for the economy!!! $50/hr jobs in Phoenix!!!

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/st...809344/photo/1
        *sigh*

You do know that anyone can put an ad on Craigslist, right? So some conservative org could be making this up with a dummy email, then having their pundidiots point to it, and say, "See?!?! Paid protesters! Soros!1!!11! OOGA-BOOGA!"

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          You're not even a good troll.
          No he's not. Really disappointing.

Comment

You ever notice that the same people who are defending the Southern Racists right to free speech also seem to be the people who are super duper offended because Colin Kaepernick takes a knee? Isnt it funny how that works?
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              You ever notice that the same people who are defending the Southern Racists right to free speech also seem to be the people who are super duper offended because Colin Kaepernick takes a knee? Isnt it funny how that works?
              'Murica!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                'Murica!
                Why does Handy hate 'Murica?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Once again, Kaepernick is protesting to protect, or even just evenly apply rights to all citizens.

Whereas the southern racists want to take rights away from people.

Such a very different argument each side is taking.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Once again, Kaepernick is protesting to protect, or even just evenly apply rights to all citizens.

Whereas the southern racists want to take rights away from people.

Such a very different argument each side is taking.
                    Polar opposites. One side loves 'Murica. The other side hates 'Murica.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Polar opposites. One side loves 'Murica. The other side hates 'Murica.
                      Sure makes one relieved that we are a republic vs. a pure democracy. Legally, we keep making sure that everyone is equal, and it's impossible for the trolls to get their way. (I'm not putting a location on that troll thing- as I am fully aware that legalized segregation was fully in place here in Michigan- my title clearly says who was not allowed, legally, to buy my property. And that was true up until the late 60's. )

In spite of people like joe who tries to convince you he's an ok person, but is quick to deny rights to people who don't agree with him (see gay marriage, again). Bob was the same way.

Let alone the rather biased treatments minorities continue to get from law enforcement- both police and the justice system.

Comment

Sure makes one relieved that we are a republic vs. a pure democracy.
                        Kind of.

On the one hand, mob rule is bad. On the other hand, if decisions involving life and liberty and, far more importantly to the rich, property, were up to the masses then the 1% would be less gung ho to drive those masses deliberately into ignorance and the anesthesia of sports and television. If the Bush and Clinton (and Koch and Soros) family fortunes were at the whim of the majority, we'd see a lot more education spending, particularly history, political science, economics, and liberal arts.

By definition, the mob isn't stupid, it's average. Average voters have enough on the ball not to have wandered into traffic by the time they're 18. They aren't morons, they just ignorant as f-ck, and that ignorance is in large part a deliberate policy choice by elites because it makes the mob easier to control and far easier to sell to. The 1% is free to do that because the mob has very little power to really hurt them. Technology has rendered the elite impervious to mob violence, while our political system has removed their political power on fundamental matters. This is good because we're not hanging atheists in the public square, but the downside is white collar criminals who ruin millions of lives have zero accountability, and as soon as any political force becomes strong enough to challenge plutocracy it is easily co-opted by simply extending the privilege to its members (compare political liberalism today to, say, 1929).

The plutes on the right and we their more fun at parties intellectual brethren on the left are armchair generals. Full and direct democracy would stick us in the trenches to live or die based on the collective decisions of the Great Unwashed. Now, that sounds awful to me personally and I'll fight it because hey I worked hard for my spa tub and sex loft. But it also sounds American as hell.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 08-21-2017, 09:29 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Kind of.

On the one hand, mob rule is bad. On the other hand, if decisions involving life and liberty and, far more importantly to the rich, property, were up to the masses then the 1% would be less gung ho to drive those masses deliberately into ignorance and the anesthesia of sports and television. If the Bush and Clinton (and Koch and Soros) family fortunes were at the whim of the majority, we'd see a lot more education spending, particularly history, political science, economics, and liberal arts.

By definition, the mob isn't stupid, it's average. Average voters have enough on the ball not to have wandered into traffic by the time they're 18. They aren't morons, they just ignorant as f-ck, and that ignorance is in large part a deliberate policy choice by elites because it makes the mob easier to control and far easier to sell to. The 1% is free to do that because the mob has very little power to really hurt them. Technology has rendered the elite impervious to mob violence, while our political system has removed their political power on fundamental matters. This is good because we're not hanging atheists in the public square, but the downside is white collar criminals who ruin millions of lives have zero accountability, and as soon as any political force becomes strong enough to challenge plutocracy it is easily co-opted by simply extending the privilege to its members (compare political liberalism today to, say, 1929).

The plutes on the right and we their more fun at parties intellectual brethren on the left are armchair generals. Full and direct democracy would stick us in the trenches to live or die based on the collective decisions of the Great Unwashed. Now, that sounds awful to me personally and I'll fight it because hey I worked hard for my spa tub and sex loft. But it also sounds American as hell.
                          As much as that sounds good, I'm not sure if we would really see more spending on education. Even with "free speech"- we will never have equal speech- and given that throughout history, people in power have somehow convinced those not in power to support them- my gut tells me that we would be more of a lord-serf stage right now vs. the opposite direction. I'm sure they would have convinced people that land owning is the only real reason you should be allowed to vote, and this country would have just been run by land owners- most of which are wealthy. And it would be easy to put land ownership barriers to only let their own kind in.

I just don't see any real difference, other than mob rule against rights.

I'm not a major historian, so if there's a good, pure democratic system in the past, I don't know it.

Comment

I'm not a major historian, so if there's a good, pure democratic system in the past, I don't know it.
                            There is no pure direct democracy in recorded history that I know. The ancient "althing" might be the closest. Some of the Greek city states dabbled but with atrocious limits on participation (women and slaves, yo).
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Why does Handy hate 'Murica?
                              I guess I am just racist against people with less than 10 teeth and chromosomes combined
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I guess I am just racist against people with less than 10 teeth and chromosomes combined
                                Why you throw us UND fans in with those people is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                                X